Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Free to good home section

Junior Member Grease Monkey minimechanic's Avatar

Default Re: Free to good home section

Good point! get rid of the cheap skates!
    valid points of saying that enthusiasts who join up dont have any rep...
    but if u were an enthusiast u would stay on the site and get rep..

Apparently I'm a Backyard Mechanic PULSE's Avatar

There are also the people like me who are here to read up and learn but dont really have much they can contribute as they are still noobs

If I knew something another didn't and they were asking I would go out of my way to help them, but the fact of the matter is, I don't know anywhere near the amount other people on this site do and I usually don't know the answers to any peoples questions anyway

Meaning that I don't have any rep, so there for should I be banned from using the "Free To Good Home" section? Not that I have used it anyway but just making a point for consideration

Junior Member Conversion King Jorrs's Avatar

wait till you can contribute and gain rep then you should be allowed to view it, i like Dales idea it makes sense, making it so you need certain rep, say 30 or 50, would limit peoples leeching of the forum, as in the case of Rollin, collecting the motor and reselling for profit when im sure there were other toymodders who did actualy wish to use the motor.
    What is autosalon? Sounds kinda homo.
    Quote Originally Posted by tooch
    It's extremely homo. Basically a whole lot of sh1t cars, with ugly wheels, and a lot of 16-20 year old rockstars with trendy mullets and gay shirts.
    Slayer Of Toymods Wookie Slayers

Junior Member Too Much Toyota oldcorollas's Avatar

hmm...

if you are giving it away, as Josh said, you don't want it anymore and it shouldn7t matter what happens to it..

if you are giving it away to try and help somoene, then you should take a bit of time and choose who it goes to by having a chat to them perhaps....

free is free, and not wanted is not wanted....
    if you are worried who it goes to... choose the person
    rep and time limits kinda make sense, btu not everyone is willign to whore their way to rep just to get free stuff.. and the people who are likely to aabuse the system will probably do that anyway

self-policing/choice ftw
    "I'm a Teaspoon, not a mechanic"
    "There is hardly anything in the world that a man can not make a little worse and sell a little cheaper" - John Ruskin (1819 - 1900)

AU$TRALIA... come and stay and PAY and PAY!!! The moral high horse of the world!

Junior Member 1st year Apprentice

[/QUOTE]
    free is free, and not wanted is not wanted....
    [/QUOTE]

exactly. its the "free to a good home" section. not the "i don't care anymore so here you go you can be bothered selling it make some money" section

It is hard to weasel out the people who are only here to make money, but as you can tell, the people who want to be here, and want to learn and help are always contributing in threads regardless of whether or not they can help

Cheers Bengi