Thread: Ke20, brake,suspension,rear axle upgrade

Junior Member Grease Monkey

Default Ke20, brake,suspension,rear axle upgrade

Hi

since my ke20 dont have brake booster, i wonder if there is something easy i can do to replace the brake pump with a boosterpump, was thinking maybe ke70, or carina or something like that cant be to problematic to fit`? anyone got a easy solution for the upgrade?

im also thinking about changing the whole front suspension, travers, brakes and everything in one peice, and same with the rearaxle. is there any cars i can do a swap from? then again easy choice like ke30/ke70 carinas etc

thanks again for all ur help

Forum Member

Default Re: Ke20, brake,suspension,rear axle upgrade

i am also after the same info for a KE11, what front shock can i chuck in that will be a straight swap, just so i can get rid of the old crappy rubber bump ones for a strut and spring setup, out of a newer car, without having to add sleaves or antyhing like that.

Cheers

Junior Member Grease Monkey bassy's Avatar

ke20 and ke10 both have different suspension set ups, so they are both different to upgrade...

Diffs there isnt really much you can do in the way of a direct swap. You pretty much have to get one cut down and new spring mounts welded on.

the front end however you have a few choices, although you have to do some modification. Ke20 balljoints bolt into ke10 LCA and vise versa. so you can swap the struts, but then you have to do something about the steering because the tapers on the steering arms are different. You can change LCA to something different but then you still have the problem with the steering and your most likely going to have to get radius rods made up. In the case on ke10 you cant do this unless you change out the whole crossmember.

You need to think about what your needs are first then decide what sort of suspension you are after. Both ke10 and 20 front brakes can be upgraded to as far as ke70 with just bolt on. Then it gets more complex...

bassy

Junior Member Domestic Engineer Hurricane's Avatar

try a bit of a search dis gets asked every month HAHA
    * 84 FJ60 - 37's, 308, 80 series coils/diffs and LS1TT in the makin
    * 73 KE26 - x4 Brown Wagz
    * 73 KE20 NOW 3T-TE
    * 84 KE70 Panno
    * MX83 LS1 Track Car

Junior Member Too Much Toyota oldcorollas's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by bassy
    , but then you have to do something about the steering because the tapers on the steering arms are different.
    afaik, the KE10 and KE20 pitman arm will fit on both the steerign boxes.. but are different lengths.... the rest of the bits are different tho (length of steering arm, size of tie-rod ends etc)
    "I'm a Teaspoon, not a mechanic"
    "There is hardly anything in the world that a man can not make a little worse and sell a little cheaper" - John Ruskin (1819 - 1900)

AU$TRALIA... come and stay and PAY and PAY!!! The moral high horse of the world!