Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Vaccum Lines 1ggte

Junior Member Grease Monkey

Default Vaccum Lines 1ggte

Help the 1g I bought from this guy had a electronic boost controller fitted, wich leaves the original plumbing a mystery. Anybody got a vaccum diagram for this donk? 1ggte gen3 mk3?. I cant seem to find a thread that covers it, any help would be great! The main lines I need to know are the two hoses that run from the turbos front and rear, I think there called turbo actator lines but not sure.

Diserter Domestic Engineer

Default Re: Vaccum Lines 1ggte

I also need to know as one of my lines has a screw sitting in it :S

Junior Member Carport Converter RAd28's Avatar

since you mention the elec boost controller, i'm assuming your refering to the turbo related vacuum lines. i was in the same boat as turmite when i got mine, and once you take a look, the answer is dead simple.

short answer is there shold only be a hose running from the compressor housing, to the waste gate actuator, each turbo is independent...

long answer is that both turbos are the same, there should be a 90deg fitting screwed into the COMPRESSOR housing (the lighter coloured side) of the turbo, this should have a hose (not more then 6-7cm long) running to the wastegate actuator, which is a round thing with a long shaft coming out.... ensure these are connected correctly,and you'll have no drama..
    '77 RA28LT #2 ← 2.2L 18RG...

Quote Originally Posted by RAd28
    since you mention the elec boost controller, i'm assuming your refering to the turbo related vacuum lines. i was in the same boat as turmite when i got mine, and once you take a look, the answer is dead simple.

short answer is there shold only be a hose running from the compressor housing, to the waste gate actuator, each turbo is independent...

long answer is that both turbos are the same, there should be a 90deg fitting screwed into the COMPRESSOR housing (the lighter coloured side) of the turbo, this should have a hose (not more then 6-7cm long) running to the wastegate actuator, which is a round thing with a long shaft coming out.... ensure these are connected correctly,and you'll have no drama..
    Thanx dude, your info is spot on thanx for the help!

Quote Originally Posted by worldwalker
    I also need to know as one of my lines has a screw sitting in it :S
    Read below, I went to the local turbo shop this morn and got the same advise!

Ok, so I have this problem too (amongst a lot of electrical things) but say I wanna run a T-piece, do I now plug the 2 lines in together? what? I'm lost.

Also the lowest most line, running from the end of the manifold, on the pully end has been plugged, whats it for? Will I explode? Seriously though is that ok for it to be plugged and where should it go.

Quote Originally Posted by worldwalker
    Ok, so I have this problem too (amongst a lot of electrical things) but say I wanna run a T-piece, do I now plug the 2 lines in together? what? I'm lost.

Also the lowest most line, running from the end of the manifold, on the pully end has been plugged, whats it for? Will I explode? Seriously though is that ok for it to be plugged and where should it go.
    Whats the T piece for? the bloke I bought the donk of had both of his compressor side of the tubos pluged togeather as he had the actuators pluged togeather for the electronic boost controller. I dont have one (at this stage) so im plugging the line from the compressor housing (on the turbos) to the actuator at either end of the motor. The out let that ur talking about (if its on the intake manifold) I think was for a factory boost gauge in the supra.
    Hope this helps..if it does can you give me some rep points cause ive still got 3 to go and need points to sell some stuff in the classifieds.

you'll find that people put a T-piece in 'cause there's twin turbos, it's a way of making sure both turbos are getting the same boost signal for the actuators... the alternative, would be 2 boost controllers, and 2 boost gauges to make sure they're synchronised...

to run a boost controller on the twins all you need to do is put the controller between the actuator, and the compressor housing, but this means using a t-piece to join BOTH actuators, and both compressor housings... know what i mean

RAd28 can you confirm or deny the manifold question so I can give turmite some rep?

Then once the T-Piece is in you can fit a turbo smart manual boost controler, for super cheap modz.

WW - i can't be certain about the manifold question, mine came from a car which had been using an aftermarket boost controller... however, i was under the impression that the boost controller from factory took it's reading from the top pipe that comes straight off the turbos... there's a little pipe fitting off it... but it could be read straight from the manifold just as easy...

p.s., looks like he's already got the rep

and turmite, you got away with it this time, but i'm pretty sure asking for rep is against forum rules, but i could be wrong

Quote Originally Posted by RAd28
    WW - i can't be certain about the manifold question, mine came from a car which had been using an aftermarket boost controller... however, i was under the impression that the boost controller from factory took it's reading from the top pipe that comes straight off the turbos... there's a little pipe fitting off it... but it could be read straight from the manifold just as easy...

p.s., looks like he's already got the rep

and turmite, you got away with it this time, but i'm pretty sure asking for rep is against forum rules, but i could be wrong
    Sorry Rad didnt know on the rep thing? Ive just read the rules and cant find a mention on the points thing! thought you have to have thirty to sell anything but I just tried to post some stuff and am getting the big sorry thing...does this stuff take time to go thru?

no probs RE: the rep, i might have been wrong, i'm sure i heard someone winge about it before...

as for the problem of not being able to sell anything, it shouldn't take time at all, though if you have any problem tomorrow, i'd suggest PMing JOSHTIX, or toyman75 or even kristy (can't remember her username)

whatcha got to sell btw?

1G beliver Backyard Mechanic BLK1g-gte's Avatar

Hey here is a picture someone made and posted on here when i was putting in the manual boost controller. Hope it helps you in the future if you decide to run a boost controller again...

holy fark!!! someone went to alot of trouble with that pic! damn good shot, and exactly what i was trying to describe but was too lazy to draw...

1G beliver Backyard Mechanic BLK1g-gte's Avatar

Yeah its well drawn..Someone posted up for me when i was fitting a bleed valve and it explained it a lot easier then when you read it in a post. Also look at this web site, it explains the whole process step by step on the 1G. It also explain why the guy used a screw to block the compressor outlet in your case. Its worth a read....

http://www.supras.org.nz/techinfo/jo...er/default.htm
    Last edited by BLK1g-gte; 28-01-2007 at 02:26 AM.