Thread: Stricter rules regarding For Sale

Altia ER34 GTT Domestic Engineer JetspeedCamry's Avatar

Default Stricter rules regarding For Sale

Hey guys,

I've been trawling around the For Sale sections and have noticed a large number of members that registrered a few months back, have not made any posts, until they could sell something (like a car) in the For Sale section.
    Part of the rules here is to have a certain rep, or have a minimum number of days being registered. To me, i think this is not strict enough. People seem to sign up in anticipation to sell something, and then when they can, they do. In alot of cases, no other posts have been made anywhere else in the forum.
    I say this because i know the view of Toymods is to not be a "classifieds" for car enthusiasts, but moreso see the For Sale section as a privilege to users that have made contributions to the forums (technical or general related).
    Whats others views on this? I personally would like to see the prerequisite for the For Sale section a little higher.

Cheers.
    Kurt
    Kind Regards,
    Kurt.

1998 ER34 ニッサン スカイラインGT- T
    RB25DET 5 Speed Manual | Blitz SE Return Flow FMIC | Greddy Profec II Spec B BC | Apexi N1 Turbo Back Exhaust

Administrator 1st year Apprentice

Default Re: Stricter rules regarding For Sale

The only place that you can list a for sale straight away is in the cars for sale section. We discussed this when setting up the new forums and figured that it was of more benefit to the members to allow as many ads in Toyota's for sale as possible.

Normally Aspirated Domestic Engineer RT104GT's Avatar

Unsure Dont sell much but willing to provide stuff.
    I don't think their is any malice in people.
    If they dont sell here they will go ebay and may never come back.

2 cents
    1968 RT40S Corona 1600S series II (restore in progress)
    1973 RT104-MQFG 012604 Corona GT JDM (Owned since 1976 242000 km)
    1989 ST185-BLMVZ-0007199 Celica GT4 JDM (unmolested classic 95000 km)
    2012 ZN-6 86GT (shed find 5000 km in 6 years)

User Conversion King

i dont think its too much of an issue with the cars for sale section.

mainly because most people will insist on checking out the car in person before purchasing.

most other parts are bought unseen and trust is invested in the seller. this is where the rep system helps. i bet the number of rip offs would have gone down?
    hello

Junior Member Conversion King deviant's Avatar

I think it is fine as it is.

If something along the lines of having to make a minimum number of posts before being allowed to sell was introduced the forums would be full of people whoring with replys like 'LOL WTF' or 'cool' just to get enough posts to sell.
    Quote Originally Posted by S2K
    Would a VTEC limiter be a helpful device?

Altia ER34 GTT Domestic Engineer JetspeedCamry's Avatar

Id say it would be moreso to do with reputation rather than posts... Because that way the quality of the posts is what is counted.
    Kind Regards,
    Kurt.

1998 ER34 ニッサン スカイラインGT- T
    RB25DET 5 Speed Manual | Blitz SE Return Flow FMIC | Greddy Profec II Spec B BC | Apexi N1 Turbo Back Exhaust

the Afterbirth Tycoon Automotive Encyclopaedia PlacentaJuan's Avatar

i think it is an advantage to us to have as many cars for sale as possible, as long as they are all toyotas.

i think that anyone should be allowed to sell a toyota in the classifieds section, as long as only toymods forums members can view that section.

Junior Member Too Much Toyota oldcorollas's Avatar

isn't that how it is now?
    toyotas for sale is open to any forum member (or used to) but the other sections need rep?

from the FAQ
    Toyotas For Sale, Toyotas Wanted, Parts Wanted are open to any approved user to use.

Miscellaneous Items For Sale are open only to Financial Members to start a thread, and then anyone can post. Note that this section is for non car related items only.

The other sections are closed for posting for those who don't have enough reputation points and are not Financial members of the Toymods Club.
    "I'm a Teaspoon, not a mechanic"
    "There is hardly anything in the world that a man can not make a little worse and sell a little cheaper" - John Ruskin (1819 - 1900)

AU$TRALIA... come and stay and PAY and PAY!!! The moral high horse of the world!

Gobble, Gobble! Automotive Encyclopaedia mrshin's Avatar

Well.. I don't really have a problem with things being the way they are. As a financial member and sometimes poster, I've found the classifieds quite good. I've bought and sold quite a few things, and found (almost!) everyone to be good to deal with.

AGE-16V Automotive Encyclopaedia Dimmy's Avatar

personally, i think the current system is very good and effective in "moderating" who can sell items
    I have been pruned by old man river!!!!!