Thread: gtv TA22 wiring diagram wanted

Junior Member Backyard Mechanic 74gt's Avatar

Default gtv TA22 wiring diagram wanted

Does anyone have access to, or know where I can get a copy of a 1973/1974 gtv TA22 wiring diagram from?

This thread has the diagram I have now which is suitable for ET/LT/ST, but am after one with the oil temperature gauge as reatured in the gtv TA22s.

http://www.toymods.net/forums/showth...wiring+diagram

FRustrated INdividuaL !! Grease Monkey Rosey's Avatar

Default Re: gtv TA22 wiring diagram wanted

Hi mate that second picture has a Oil Temp Gauge with sender in it, can't you use that?
    It is below the taco, speedo, fuel and to the right side of the Water temp ...

The second page!
    Cheers Rosey [email protected] Rosey's GT TA22 Celica - 72' Model

Quote Originally Posted by TheToyman75
    For me its the 1st generation GT's I'd Kill for a 72 GT but since most people don't even believe they exist

Junior Member Backyard Mechanic 74gt's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Rosey
    Hi mate that second picture has a Oil Temp Gauge with sender in it, can't you use that?
    It is below the taco, speedo, fuel and to the right side of the Water temp ...

The second page!
    heh..............that'll teach me to look past the first page

I was also interested in the gtv or even gt diagram as the long console I have has a switch in it I believe is for the power antenna.

Also the wiring for the JDM tail lights which were slightly different to Aus delivered LT tail lights. The JDM ones have an extra globe in them as extra rear hazard lights.

Junior Member Grease Monkey
    the border between northern & southern Ireland

Hi on my ta22 the electric ariel went up when you switched on the radio & down when switched off, useless piece of info.

Junior Member Domestic Engineer 71TA22's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by 74gt

I was also interested in the gtv or even gt diagram as the long console I have has a switch in it I believe is for the power antenna.

Also the wiring for the JDM tail lights which were slightly different to Aus delivered LT tail lights. The JDM ones have an extra globe in them as extra rear hazard lights.
    74GT,

Switch on the long console (beside the handbrake) is for a power antenna. The switch itself has 3 connections; power to the switch and 2 power feeds (for antenna Up or Down).

The factory power antenna has an earth switching relay on it to change polarity on the antenna motor depending on wether Up or Down is selected. To get an aftermarket antenna (semi automatic type) to run off the original switch you will need to put a couple of relays into the antenna power feed system to be able to switch earth and hence the polarity on the antenna motor.

Or alternatively use the switch which comes with the antenna and hide it under the console ash tray lid.

If you have a modern radio with an antenna power feed all you need is a fully automatic power antenna but you do not get the joy of playing with the console switch.

The extra globe in each of the rear lights (front corners also although just an extra fillament in the bulb) is powered via the JDM 3 way hazard switch. These are not extra hazard lights, just low power parking lights. Can be selected from the JDM hazard switch as left side only, right side only or both sides.

You will find that all models are pre wired at the front end to run these lights (unused connector in the indicataor/side light harness bundle at each side). You do need the JDM front corner light units to make them work.

As for the rear lights you need to get the appropriate power feed from the JDM hazard switch to the rear lamps. ST and GT export models have the required dash wiring although unused. LT models do not. The standard export body harness has 2 to few wires on it. A simple fix is to use 2 wires of the 3 stereo speaker wires which form part of the body harness. Put in a connector behind the rear seat then install connecting wire back to each of the rear lights.

This goes for the non flat light models. Rear wiring, including for the low power parking globes, on the all red JDM flat light rear lamps is a whole different ball game.

Clear as mud!!!!!!!
    Mike
    71 TA22

My Car

My Wife says I have Too Much Toyota o_man_ra23's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by sidta23
    Hi on my ta22 the electric ariel went up when you switched on the radio & down when switched off, useless piece of info.
    Sid,
    That sounds like an aftermarket arial with a modern radio... if it indeed is OEM equipment though, this could be an interesting quirk.

Cheers, Owen
    Cheers, Owen
    1977 RA28 with 1JZ-GTE (Was 18R-GTE)
    Lancer EVO Brakes into old Celica/Corolla/Corona
    Doing the things that aren't popular... cause being popular and being good are often distinctly different.