Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Cooloola Car Club Motorkhana March 5th 2006

Forum Member

Thumbs up Cooloola Car Club Motorkhana March 5th 2006

The next Cooloola Car Club Motorkhana is on the 5th of March 206 As usual, entry forms can be obtained from our web site www.c3zone.org or from Autobarn Gympie. Cost is $25 per entry, food and drinks will be for sale on the day at reasonable prices. Spectator entry is FREE, bring yourself a chair and some shade if available. For more info, contact me via this forum, email or call Robert, his number is on the flyer.

We look forward to seeing you all again

Daryl
    President
    Cooloola Car Club

Junior Member 1st year Apprentice

Default Re: Cooloola Car Club Motorkhana March 5th 2006

ill be there for sure, was great fun last time! Do i have to send in the entry form, or can i pay on the day, as i am up on Thursday Island till the 27th of Feb.

Forum Member

Thanks hogesjzz30, we are glad you emjoyed the last Motorkhana. It is not advisable to leave payment until the day, as many will tell you, these Motorkhana generally fill up to 2 weeks before the day. Pre-entry is a must to ensure that you have a place saved. If you wish, you can send your entry via snail mail along with a money order or personal cheque (subject to normal clearing times)and made out to Cooloola Car Club. Our postal addy is ;Cooloola Car Club P.O.Box 173, Gympie, Qld 4570. Thanks for your interest and we look forward to seeing you on the skid pan.

Cheers
    Daryl
    President
    Cooloola Car Club

Junior Member Too Much Toyota

Daryl,
    will list the event in our february club magazine - a few Toyota Car Club Qld folk are intending to go and we're hoping to have a small mob of spectators also drive up.
    cheers,
    Charles

Forum Member

Charles,
    That would be great, your club always has a good showing at our Motorkhana and we are appreciate your attendance.

Cheers
    Daryl

Junior Member Backyard Mechanic ndgcpr's Avatar

lol i think hogesjzz30 has been scouting this section waiting for the next one of these. is this much different to what we did when TCC hired it that time? its just more "serious"?
    Noisy Diff and Gearbox Club of Pine Rivers
    and you thought your car was loud
    The Soarer brought to you by the letter TT

Forum Member

Is it much different to what we did when TCC hired it that time ? .......................... Well, yes it is a little different, it is certainly serious for some entrants, chasing the trophies is to some, just as important as the ride ............ but for many people, it is just the excitement of letting rip on the skid pan doing some really interesting and sometimes challenging courses that does it for them. The big bonus is, we can all have some fun in our cars without having the gastapo ...... sorry...... queensland police .......... giving us grief.

This year, we are planning to hold a genuine series of Motorkhana. What this means for you the driver is; There are 4 Motorkhana to be run throughout this calender year, scores from each Motorkhana will be carried over and used to decide the winners at the end of the year (at the last Motorkhana), Medallions will be awarded at the end of each Motorkhana instead of the trophies that we have previously done. After the presentation of medallions at Motorkhana 4, Major trophies will also be awarded for each category.

We are hoping to increase the profile of many of our sponsors throughout the series, so you may also be treated to displays from some of our sponsors.

You will also notice this year that we have changed our club shirts, gone are the dodgey pink/lilac/purple numbers ........ (yuk, I hated them) and welcome to our very noticable yellow and black numbers ............ let us know what you think at the Motorkhana.

Enough of my ranting ...................... any questions .... you know where to find me ....

Cheers
    Daryl

lol gav, you caught me Im trying to get my other clubs organised to have more days on the skidpan too
    Daryl, ill see what i can do about getting a money order up here, there is a post office, but im not sure how "up to date" they are with all this new fangled technology. Is there not a bank account i can do a direct deposit or credit card payment to?

hmmm this sounds like fun, i may come along then just gotta work out what i will be doing at the time, it would be nice to stay for all for events and be an actuall "entrant"

And what was wrong with those sex purple things

and sorry for 1'000'000 questions but can you give a basic run down on how "points" work?

nothing to special, just let me know what i need to work on, like is it bascially just speed and style?

Thanks

Junior Member Too Much Toyota

you loose points for being slower, hitting the markers, getting the course wrong, going off the course or (if required) not stopping in 'the garage' correctly at the end of some circuits.

Forum Member

That's right, points can also be lost for annoying the people running the day ........ JOKES

Points are really your times (in whole numbers instead of minutes and seconds) for completing each event. The lower the score, the closer you are to taking home a medallion or at the end .... a trophy.

Cheers,

Daryl

Dam! you guys remember my efforts in the yellow soarer though, actually my vid is on your site i think, Anyway i didn't get ANYcourse right from memory oh well pratice makes perfect i guess.

lol dont worry gav, you werent the only one who got a bit mixed up out there, i think ill blame my navigator eh chris lol
    I dont think ill be even close to being in contention for a prize, but damnit ill have bloody fun trying!
    Now that you have your clutch sorted you should go a bit better, just have to save your pennies for an lsd

Daryl: Is there a bank account i can direct deposit or credit card payment into? might be a bit easier then trying to organise a money and postage up here, the postal system leaves a bit to be desired.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by hogesjzz30
    lol dont worry gav, you werent the only one who got a bit mixed up out there, i think ill blame my navigator eh chris lol
    I dont think ill be even close to being in contention for a prize, but damnit ill have bloody fun trying!
    Now that you have your clutch sorted you should go a bit better, just have to save your pennies for an lsd

Daryl: Is there a bank account i can direct deposit or credit card payment into? might be a bit easier then trying to organise a money and postage up here, the postal system leaves a bit to be desired.

I have sent you a private message with details for direct deposit, everyone else, this is not a club account so please, only ask to use this method if there is a real need. I hate taking money from people and having it in my personal account. It's not that I don't like money or having it in my account, it is the knowledge that I have to give it back to the club that I find hard to deal with .... lol

Cheers
    Daryl

Thanks for that Daryl, have replied and will get payment to you asap.