Page 20 of 22 FirstFirst ... 101819202122 LastLast

Thread: Wakefield Park Track Day Friday 9th March

Junior Member Carport Converter 4agte's Avatar

Default Re: Wakefield Park Track Day Friday 9th March

wish i could have made it out there looked like a good day from what i hear it was well organised free flowing with alot of track time unlike some other track days ive been to

That's me before i was a Conversion King -GT-'s Avatar

Yeah thanks guys, was an awesome day. Some nice shots there too dylan, thanks for posting them.

Was good to see a good bunch of toyotas out there running strong, bit of a shame the gt4 retired but glad to hear you got home safely nathan. I was stoked to see a few people make some good gains on previous personal bests, and also the fun had by the first timers - happy to have helped you guys and girls get out there. Another batch of addicts successfully hooked

The corolla ran hard all day again, it does a lot of laps and doesn't miss a beat. I'm thinking maybe i shouldn't rebuild the engine, a lot of people might not recognise it without the signature cloud following it around the track. And considering the trouble-free record of my car, i'm not sure i want to do anything to upset that - maybe the smoke is my good luck token??!!
    AE93 SX 20V - Next Wakefield track day is 13th of November 2015!
    1:15.47 at Wakefield Park | 1:59.45 at Eastern Creek GP | 1:08.81 at SMP South | 2:04.77 at Phillip Island
    Toymods Club Member

no need for a Domestic Engineer finney's Avatar

Had an absolute blast all day, thanks to garth for getting us all addicted again
    Managed to better my previous best by around 2.5 seconds which i'm thrilled about. Got it down to a low 1:20 in the last session and consistant 1:21's all day according to the RSM.
    4AGTE SX - '4AGE' - 13.6 @ 103mph - 163fwkw @ 18psi - SOLD
    1998 JZX100 Tourer V - SOLD and now lives in radelaide
    1992 GTI - SOLD

busy adding lightness Too Much Toyota MR22ZZ's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Roundy
    and yeah they are nice pics Dylan...just none of me

Cheers
    Nathan
    Sorry Nathan, I wanted to get some of your car too

the 2 times you were on track I was moving between locations, sorry.

you just need to be able to get more track time next time
    Past Toyotas - Snow White (TA23), Blue Stivo (ZZE123)
    Current Toyotas - Hamster (AW11)
    Quote Originally Posted by X kyle X View Post
    the aw11 is rougher and more angular so it's sex Appel is more that of Sylvester stalone rather then brad pitt

Forum Sponsor Carport Converter TurboRA28's Avatar

Was an awesome day, thanks to all involved for organising it !

The central coast team all went well, no damage reports which is always a good thing.

Meg knocked 5 seconds off her best time in the AE86 and got down to a 1.24 which is a huge improvement.

Mike knocked 4 maybe 5 (hard to tell with hand held stop watch) seconds off the 75 Lancer mainly due to having a decent brake upgrade this time. This got him down to a 1.13 high or 1.14 low.

Scott being his first time had nothing really to compare to, but the T18 got a 1.24 I think was the best which is good for a first outing.

I couldn't beat my personal best but consistantly ran 1.15's and 1.16's all day.
    1977 RA28 Celica - 1MZ-FE Members Rides
    1996 FZJ80 Landcruiser.
    Email : [email protected]

I definitely ain't a Chief Engine Builder wagonist's Avatar

It was great to see the guys & gals out giving it a go.
    It was also good to see some Sprinters (yes more than one in one location at once not drifting ) out there as well.

Made me wish I'd put my money up to try, especially after the front brake pad change gave me some feel back (though discovering my firewall flexes about 15mm when I put my on the brake hard will mean some work).
    But the scare I gave myself on the road into Goulburn on Sat night meant that it probably wasn't a good idea.

Oh well, swaybars & springs are next.

how much is Too Much Toyota JustenGT8's Avatar

Good to catch up with those i did. Thanx to Mike for the passenger....it was my balancing balast that allowed him to set a new PB Many thanx to Joel for the trusting drive. The 28 is a very solid performer, some decent rubber and some minor suspension tweaks and the lap times will tumble.
    Lily Simpson 6.7.2010
    R.I.P.

Forum Sponsor Carport Converter TurboRA28's Avatar

Welcome for the drive mate, it was awesome to sit in the passenger seat of the 28 while you showed how it should/can be driven. The ride in the GT8 was a real eye opener also.

That reminds me, Thanks Nathan for the run in the GT4 also, that was my first time in a AWD around the track and amazed me the way the things can hang on.
    1977 RA28 Celica - 1MZ-FE Members Rides
    1996 FZJ80 Landcruiser.
    Email : [email protected]

Experience shows I'm no Chief Engine Builder Roundy's Avatar

well just finished checking over my left hand front wheel/hub assembly

good news it is infitely cheaper to fix then a wheel bearing, and eleventy billion times easier....

my front left tyre was stuffed surprised i didn't notice it at the track cause it was a HUGE bulge thing in it, basically the inside of the tyre is a good bit larger then the outside...why that made it pull left instead of right i don't know.

Anyways put my 17's back on and it tracks straight, no shake, nothing...cept maybe the CV joint is stuffed after 400+km's of turning right

And your welcome for the run Joel, glad you enjoyed it...i just want your powerband now

Cheers
    Nathan
    "If you try to fail, and succeed, which have you done?"
    My ST185 with 278awkw (2.2L is running...)
    1:08.08s @ Wakefield 1:37.29s @ Winton
    27.90s @ Esses Hillclimb

Junior Member Too Much Toyota YLD-16L's Avatar

I had a great day on Friday, it was nice and relaxing watching the cars go round and snapping a few shots on a nice sunny day.

It was great to catch up with a few familiar faces and be introduced to a few new ones.

I took a whole heap of photos on the day with my point-and-shoot camera and most turned out really crap. I'll have another look through them and see if any are worth posting.

I wouldn't mind owning that blue STi that was lapping at a pretty decent pace

I look forward to the next one, hopefully with my car.
    My KE25 thread
    WSID - 12.8@108mph || Wakefield Park - 1:11.4 || SDMA Hillclimb - 49.1

I finally got the cd of photos i bought, went halves with mick in the mx5. Unfortunately all the photos in the hotshots section are all 50-80kbs!

I will post a few here, but the whole folder is only 5-6 meg so i'm happy to email the lot around, there's some good pics, just a shame they're so tiny. I'm kinda pissed off about it really, considering i paid money for it, and they sell it as including a selection of good action shots of everybody...

Let me know if you'd like them.
    1:15.47 at Wakefield Park | 1:59.45 at Eastern Creek GP | 1:08.81 at SMP South | 2:04.77 at Phillip Island
    Toymods Club Member

busy adding lightness Too Much Toyota MR22ZZ's Avatar

I guess they do it so you HAVE to go back to them for prints and can't just print from the images as the quality just isn't there.
    Past Toyotas - Snow White (TA23), Blue Stivo (ZZE123)
    Current Toyotas - Hamster (AW11)
    Quote Originally Posted by X kyle X View Post
    the aw11 is rougher and more angular so it's sex Appel is more that of Sylvester stalone rather then brad pitt

Yeah well i thought that was the idea of buying the cd for $80 or so. What the hell is my money for then?

Even the photos of my car under the folder "Full File for Printing" are only 1-1.2 meg... I just think 50kb files is a joke.
    Toymods Club Member

Junior Member Too Much Toyota YLD-16L's Avatar

That is pretty disappointing for $80, I'd have expected full files even if it meant they had to supply multiple discs to fit everything you wanted. But I guess as BS said it's so you have to go back to them for reprints.

Unfortunately the photos I took are the worst lot I have taken at the track, not worthy of distribution that's for sure.

Oh, and Garth when is the next day scheduled for?? (maybe my car will be fixed by then, it's still in the same state is was before the last day)
    My KE25 thread
    WSID - 12.8@108mph || Wakefield Park - 1:11.4 || SDMA Hillclimb - 49.1

I think the next day is scheduled for June, friday the 6th maybe? or the 1st? I think it's the 1st.

Here's the 'hotshots' uploaded;

http://s5.photobucket.com/albums/y15...0March%202007/

There's a few good shots of my car and the mx5 but i'll upload them later, maybe into my ride thread.
    Toymods Club Member