Page 12 of 22 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: Wakefield Park Track Day Friday 9th March

Forum Sponsor Carport Converter TurboRA28's Avatar

Default Re: Wakefield Park Track Day Friday 9th March

Hmm im confused.. Most pictures im seeing the rear straps of the harness have more like a eye plate on them?
    1977 RA28 Celica - 1MZ-FE Members Rides
    1996 FZJ80 Landcruiser.
    Email : [email protected]

Junior Member Backyard Mechanic v8soarer's Avatar

Yeah but the harness loops through that and back out. All the ones I've seen are adjustable there and can be totally pulled out from that eye plate.

http://www.mmsport.com.au/productvie...ppid=Harnesses
    My TT 6 speed manual V8 Soarer (sold)
    Wakefield: 1:06.7
    Phillip Island: 1:51.9

That's me before i was a Conversion King -GT-'s Avatar

What he said ^^^. My harness travels consist of damien saying "i got a new harness, want my old one?"

Sorry guys, been real busy with work etc after getting back. I'll have to double check The List at work tomorrow but i think it might be paul who's next in line?

Finney, as to pads, my greenstuffs keep up. I've completely rooted a set but the rbf600 cooks before the pads do. Maybe what you need is the superstrut upgrade? (And i need cooling ducts)

Only a bit over two weeks to go! Hey damo, you still going to come down? If my car gets out there i can show you the difference having the rear swaybar connected makes!
    AE93 SX 20V - Next Wakefield track day is 13th of November 2015!
    1:15.47 at Wakefield Park | 1:59.45 at Eastern Creek GP | 1:08.81 at SMP South | 2:04.77 at Phillip Island
    Toymods Club Member

Junior Member Carport Converter TA-022's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by v8soarer
    Yeah but the harness loops through that and back out. All the ones I've seen are adjustable there and can be totally pulled out from that eye plate.
    Not quite.

Most are stitched shut at the slide adjuster.

Black Betty >HERE!<

(\__/)
    (='.'=) This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your
    (")_(") signature to help him gain world domination.

no need for a Domestic Engineer finney's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by -GT-
    Finney, as to pads, my greenstuffs keep up. I've completely rooted a set but the rbf600 cooks before the pads do. Maybe what you need is the superstrut upgrade? (And i need cooling ducts)
    I've decided to just leave the pads.. cash isn't something i've got a whole lot of and the engine mounts definitely need replacing before anything else. I'll probably just do the fluid and see how it goes.

as for superstruts i don't think i could be bothered.. too much effort and I want to stop spending money on this car besides general maintenance.
    4AGTE SX - '4AGE' - 13.6 @ 103mph - 163fwkw @ 18psi - SOLD
    1998 JZX100 Tourer V - SOLD and now lives in radelaide
    1992 GTI - SOLD

Quote Originally Posted by TA-022
    Not quite.

Most are stitched shut at the slide adjuster.

Fair enough. The ones I've used haven't been stiched.

Work permitting I'll come down - been a bit busy of late and I seem to be having a spate of 4 day weeks which makes it even more difficult to get stuff finished.

Junior Member Backyard Mechanic TA22 1MZ's Avatar

Hi all
    If there are any more people on the waiting list, feel free to take my spot. I have a couple of things on the agenda which take priority over the track day unfortunately.

Send me a PM and we can work out the payment details.
    Thanks

Jack

Hey guys, Jack, sorry to hear mate. Paul is next in line for a spot, so i'd suggest he takes your spot. Damien has stopped acting like a girl so will be using his spot, but i think i'll have a spot or two that might open up, so anyone who's keen please let me know so if there's a spot available it doesn't go to waste.

Jack, have you spoken to dennis lately? He was all keen for the spot i had for him but i haven't heard anything from him for a week or more; any idea if he's definately coming?

There were a few guys that couldn't commit early on in this thread - if you're still keen now's the chance to jump in.
    1:15.47 at Wakefield Park | 1:59.45 at Eastern Creek GP | 1:08.81 at SMP South | 2:04.77 at Phillip Island
    Toymods Club Member

Well, i just realised that it's only a bit over a week away! I hope you're all a long way through those to-do lists, i know mine has barely progressed, but i plan on having it registered and insured by then at the least. And probably not much more.

Jack, i've got somebody for your spot so i'll fire you a pm to sort out the money.

Anybody else who's keen to come is best to let me know now, as there is possibly one other spot opening up, depending on two maybes i'm waiting to have confirmed - one is the person cancelling and the other is the one waiting. If both those people say no there's a spot up for grabs.

I do need to sort out the accomodation numbers asap, so can everybody please let me know if they're planning on coming down with us after work thursday, and if you're planning on staying friday night as well. Also any extras (spectators/partners/spanner bitches) who will be staying as well.

The accomodation is fairly basic, you'll need to bring a sleeping bag and pillow, but for $25/night you can't really complain. You don't need to worry about getting me the money for it beforehand, i'll just get cash off you down there.

Now is also a good time to remind everyone to remember helmets, cams/wakefield licence (or drivers licence + cash for wakefield licence), ankle/wrist/neck length clothing and sensible shoes, all the assorted tools, spares and bits for the car, and it's not a bad idea to bring a couple of litres of drinking water either, as you probably shouldn't drink the tap water out there. And a camera, we never get enough photos/footage!

Spectators are of course very welcome, and wakefield let us run passengers as well (at the expense of timing equipment ) so all you need for that is the same wakefield licence and helmet/clothing requirements.

I'll be planning on leaving round 7:30pm on thursday, and i think a meetup similar to last time is probably a good idea, it was just after the Crossroads (M7+M5?) so was pretty convenient for everybody. We'll aim for maybe 8pm departure from there, but it's flexible depending on what everyone wants.

I'll have my cb with me, and pm me if you want my mobile - actually, here you go: 0406 998 108.
    Toymods Club Member

Junior Member Too Much Toyota YLD-16L's Avatar

Hi Garth,

I'll just be driving up on Friday morning as I have stuff to do on Thursday evening.

I was just wondering what time I should arrive on Friday??

So from your above post I gather there'll be no timing running? (I'll fit my own hand timer tonight I think).

Also passengers are allowed you say? So they don't need to be licenced or anything? That might make it more enticing for one of my mates to come and be passenger/camera man

If that last spot gets hard to fill I may have a mate who might be keen.
    My KE25 thread
    WSID - 12.8@108mph || Wakefield Park - 1:11.4 || SDMA Hillclimb - 49.1

Experience shows I'm no Chief Engine Builder Roundy's Avatar

i'll be there for accomodation...certainly thursday nite...tho i will probably get there before all you guys.

just hope my new rotors arrive...so i can warp them (well with my current luck with them anyways)

so is it no timing gear, or like the last one i was at, have the sessions split, a session for passengers without the timing gear, then a session with the timing gear but no passengers?

I'll try to remember my camera, got a teleconverter for the lens, so i should be able to get some good close up shots...as long as i can hold the camera steady LOL

Cheers
    Nathan
    "If you try to fail, and succeed, which have you done?"
    My ST185 with 278awkw (2.2L is running...)
    1:08.08s @ Wakefield 1:37.29s @ Winton
    27.90s @ Esses Hillclimb

Something else for Thursday night - beer! Well a couple of relaxers at least

I'll be staying Thursday night but will drive back Friday arvo. If I have a cams licence do I need a Wakefield one too? I think my Wakefield one has expired, assuming I could find it.

Junior Member Conversion King whatthe?'s Avatar

Another for accomodation Thursday night here too, not 100% on Friday night as yet though
    Project megap00 - Gave up and sold up. Money tree died

busy adding lightness Too Much Toyota MR22ZZ's Avatar

For those that want pics of their own cars with their own camera, I'll be down there most of the day and able to take shots for people. My camera is kaput so I'm more then happy to borrow from other peoples.

Roundy - I'll bring a tripod if you want.

EDIT: Just managed to get hold of a camera from a friend for the day, as well as for the Grand Prix, so I'm set, though the offer to take extra shots still stands.
    Last edited by MR22ZZ; 28-02-2007 at 10:28 AM.
    Past Toyotas - Snow White (TA23), Blue Stivo (ZZE123)
    Current Toyotas - Hamster (AW11)
    Quote Originally Posted by X kyle X View Post
    the aw11 is rougher and more angular so it's sex Appel is more that of Sylvester stalone rather then brad pitt

Shane, we normally fall out of bed and into the garages by around 8:30am on the friday, but it depends how much you need to do to the car once you're there, and if you want to be one of the first out at 9:01am when we open the track. (I usually am )

You'll need to sign in, and there'll be a briefing at about 8:45am.

Timers: Spoke to ryan earlier today and he'd done nothing about it, i'd say it's not going to happen. Most of the guys are happy hand timing each other as they're not too serious about times, and everyone agrees they'd prefer to have passengers than electronic timers. We've tried alternating sessions like nathan mentioned but the day just didn't flow as well as usual, i think you gain a lot of time if you don't have to pull every car in, then let them back out again. That's what i love best about our days, is the way we have cars circulating all day long, the track doesn't close unless the truck needs to get out there.

As to passengers, they need to be licenced and signed in just the same, there's no difference to driving or sitting in the passenger seat (it's under the premise of "driver training").

That last spot: i got a call straight after i posted that, so shane i'll put your mate 3rd in line for it. It's not officially available yet either, i'm still trying to confirm that.

Damo, good call! I figured it was a given, but people have forgotten more essential things before. Remember beer people! And don't forget friday night if you're staying then too!

Stopwatches too if you have them, not many people usually bring them. And something to write times on and with would probably be a good idea too.
    Toymods Club Member