Thread: 1ggte flywheel options?

Diserter Domestic Engineer

Default 1ggte flywheel options?

I'm looking at buying a running 1ggte but it has no flywheel. What are some of the options I could go for? I drive a porsche at the moment with a lightened fly (stock) and I dont like it. I'm an ok driver but I really cant keep up with the revs for daily driving. When you're tired and heading home from a hard days work, the last thing you want to do is make your shifts at a million miles an hour just so you can catch the revs before they fall too far.

So what options are out there in a stockish weight fly, maybe a little lighter than stock thats not gonna cost me an arm and a leg. I asked in 'wanted to buy' if anyone has a stock fly but no bites.

Thanks

Nick.

i wrote the Automotive Encyclopaedia roadsailing's Avatar

Default Re: 1ggte flywheel options?

you know you dont have to take your foot completely off the throttle while changing gears right?

stock i;d say would be the way to go, i want to lighten the flywheel in my car, but it is becoming nastier to drive every time i change something on it, but i like it and am moving towards getting a daily anyway.

what car will the 1GGTE be going into?
    like to drift? live in victoria?
    www.vicdrift.com

now targeting: targets

formerly shinybluesteel

Junior Member 1st year Apprentice WeekendWarrior's Avatar

hey buddy a mob in tamworth usually always have that sort of stuff called imports for you

there number is 02 67 613 636
    - Project "BILLYGOAT" the ta22 found on the edge of a hill

BEARCON All your construction needs 67 624580

THE CELICA SHOP COMING SOON

thanks warrior, I'll give them a call after chrissy.

shiny, haha, I know, in the morning I can take it off otherwise it drops and the gears stick. Lighter is great for twisties, very easy to bump the revs under heavy braking. Very quick shifts and no dramas catching gears with shifts that are too fast. Its just a pain in the arse all the other times.

Its going into an RA28. If you look closely you can see me jumping up here and there asking questions about everything because I have no idea's about toyota, without this site I'd have given up. 1./3 thru the project. Font end assembled in the next 2 weeks, engine after that, new panels ASAP then interior then spray.

Senior Citizen Chief Engine Builder "Z" UTE's Avatar

shinybluesteel, has hit the nail on the head. Stock 1G-GTE/GZE flywheels are pretty spot on.
    If no bite for a 1G flywheel, try sourcing a 3T-GTE. It is a direct bolt up, same diameter, and ring gear. Just make sure you do actually get a 3T-GTE fly, as they are very similar to a 2T-GE. The 3T-GTE, and 1G-xxx, have a much larger clutch contact face that the 2T.

cheers Chuck.
    "What man can build, man can fix!"
    MS51Crown Coupe,
    GSV40R Aurion luxo tourer. One TA22 currently receiving some TLC prior to paint One RS56 Crown ute under construction, 2 x TA22's awaiting rebuilds. Toyota Crown RS47J ute in need of serious TLC. Toyota Crown Custom Wagon MS53 daily hauler stocko!

Thanks chuck! Will make sure I can get that before I put any money down on the engine.

she loves me coz im a Conversion King love ke70's Avatar

on my 1g, in the ke70 i got the stock lightened..
    dopey me didnt weigh it before it went back in
    but they did take a bit off it, its still quite nice, can be a bit easy to stall at times but you dont have to be real quick with the gears. sounds like they dropped alot off your porsche fly...
    MY RIDE, 2 Door LHD KE70 sedan with 1G HKS stroker: http://www.toymods.org.au/forums/showthread.php?t=51760

Punctuation is the difference between 'I helped my Uncle Jack off his horse' and 'I helped my uncle jack off his horse.'

---------HO00NS---------- Chief Engine Builder IN 05 NT's Avatar

eithetr way your going to have trouble finding a 1g/2t/3t flywheel....

blake

6boost has a few spare motors, theres a few blokes around with spare motors too.
    i wouldnt think it too difficult to source one
    MY RIDE, 2 Door LHD KE70 sedan with 1G HKS stroker: http://www.toymods.org.au/forums/showthread.php?t=51760

Punctuation is the difference between 'I helped my Uncle Jack off his horse' and 'I helped my uncle jack off his horse.'

couple of threads in class section have 1g's for parts, might be ok. but still for the money the guy wanted for the engine I might be able to sorce a better engine anyway.

what price, and what car is it goin into?

they want $1500 for a running engine plus shipping plus I have to find my own fly. they advertised $1300 on the website. SSS automotive. Into an RA28.

thats rather dear mate.
    do some hunting around

yeah will do. Just chose a bad time to be ready for an engine. no ones open ahah.