Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Reputation Reason

Current UZA80 owner Chief Engine Builder JustCallMeOrlando's Avatar

Default Reputation Reason

Hey guys,
    Look, I don't want this to turn into the same sort of bitchfest the last one was, just want to make a suggestion. Someone gave me negative rep today, and while I don't terribly mind, I'm a member so I'm not relying on it, I can't for the life of me work out WHY they gave it.

My point is, while in my eyes the reputation systemis great, you should always have to give a reason for it. Is there any way this can be enforced? Is there some sort of option we can tick?

Cheers,
    Nathan
    Teh UZA80 - Project Century - Remotely p00'd by association

Forum Member Domestic Engineer Nark's Avatar

Default Re: Reputation Reason

OK, done a quick search for you on the vBulletin site. The question has been asked a number of times:
    http://www.vbulletin.com/forum/showthread.php?t=134083
    http://www.vbulletin.com/forum/showthread.php?t=116583
    http://www.vbulletin.com/forum/showthread.php?t=111942
    http://www.vbulletin.com/forum/showthread.php?t=96323

But it looks like there's no option in the software. We'd have to hack the code. Shouldn't be too hard to implement, but it could be a PITA for future upgrades etc.
    Max
    NB8B MX-5 | Fulcrum-tuned Tein SS coilovers | Weldwell Engineering 4 point Rollbar | DBA 4000 slotted rotors | Goodridge braided lines
    MY11 Skoda Octavia RS wagon | 2x ISOFIX seats | Iggle Piggle's blanket | Some breast milk stains

Hide Yo Kids Hide Yo Wife Carport Converter hamgatan's Avatar

did toymods get the perpetual or leased vbulletin licence?

surely both entitle you to support and source code?

This is a usergroup option, to be able to see who left reputation. I turned it on for all groups long ago. There's also a hack to show reputation left for each member in their profiles so all members can see - we use that too.
    this is interesting, im assuming this has already been implemented by toymods.. so the source code would have already been modified, and thus subsequent updates to the forum software would render this hack useless and have to be recoded in again right? unless its an option in the software in later versions..
    B7 2005.5 Audi A4 2.0TFSI Quattro Turbo Keepin' My Pimp Hand Strong
    GDB 2003 Subaru Impreza WRX Stock and Unmolested!
    JZZ20 1988 Soarer GT Twin Turbo
    1JZ-GTE + R154 + LSD | Black Knight Still being Assembled
    JZX90 1993 Mark II Tourer V 1JZ-GTE + A340E | 270rwhp
    Z20Soarer.Org - The definitive resource for all xZ20 Owners.

Forum Member Domestic Engineer Nark's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by hamgatan
    this is interesting, im assuming this has already been implemented by toymods.. so the source code would have already been modified, and thus subsequent updates to the forum software would render this hack useless and have to be recoded in again right? unless its an option in the software in later versions..
    It's part of the version that we have. No hacks apart from the custom theme.
    Max
    NB8B MX-5 | Fulcrum-tuned Tein SS coilovers | Weldwell Engineering 4 point Rollbar | DBA 4000 slotted rotors | Goodridge braided lines
    MY11 Skoda Octavia RS wagon | 2x ISOFIX seats | Iggle Piggle's blanket | Some breast milk stains

Party Animal Supreme Too Much Toyota MR 1JZ's Avatar

same here...

"everyone loves a dildo"

-neg rep...

riiiiiiiiiight
    Project Soarer II - Sold
    Evo 5 - The silver fruitbox
    "I'm the man who has the ball. I'm the man who can throw it faster than f**k. So that is why i am better than everyone in the world. Kiss my ass and suck my dick... everyone."

Yes I'm a Girl & I'm a Grease Monkey NicC's Avatar

I just want to say that, as the person who started the Repuation thread, that if I knew it was going to turn out like that I would never have started it.
    What a shame, its the first thread that I have ever started. I hope this one doesn't end up the same way.
    Anyway, I'm sorry for the bitchiness the last one caused. It was a legitimate question to start off with- I have been missing out on coming to the meetings lately, maybe I would've known more about it otherwise.
    Nicola Blake
    AE112R Corolla Sportivo.

Previous Ride
    AE92 Corolla Seca, AE112R Corolla Seca.

Hide Yo Kids Hide Yo Wife Carport Converter hamgatan's Avatar

i realise you cant post up new threads in the parts for sale sections of the classifieds until you have enough reputation, which is fair enough...

however could that function be unlocked for the parts wanted thread?

its kind of pointless to lock it because the point of needing 40 rep im assuming is to stop people from joining the forum just to advertise goods for sale.. not to stop members asking if anyone has a part they need..

i need to source something for a good client of mine and a colleague as well and this is the right thread to ask that question, but i cant post to it..

when i need a part bad enough i always check toymods first because toymods is so much more reliable than the local wrecker sometimes..
    B7 2005.5 Audi A4 2.0TFSI Quattro Turbo Keepin' My Pimp Hand Strong
    GDB 2003 Subaru Impreza WRX Stock and Unmolested!
    JZZ20 1988 Soarer GT Twin Turbo
    1JZ-GTE + R154 + LSD | Black Knight Still being Assembled
    JZX90 1993 Mark II Tourer V 1JZ-GTE + A340E | 270rwhp
    Z20Soarer.Org - The definitive resource for all xZ20 Owners.

hamagatan it would seem that the rep necessary for posting in the for sale section has been decreased to 30, but i do agree with you in regards to the parts wanted section as thats more of a helpful resource than a market for people to just jump in on
    Project Soarer II - Sold
    "I'm the man who has the ball. I'm the man who can throw it faster than f**k. So that is why i am better than everyone in the world. Kiss my ass and suck my dick... everyone."

jetpilot Automotive Encyclopaedia 1JZ.747's Avatar

i think its good in some ways and silly in others.

i mean i have sen some good posts an given rep points, yet have recieved none in return for helpful useful posts.

certain people are points givers but a lot arent, so that kind of shits my chances of ever being able to use the classifieds.

shane

i could sware I gave you a rep point in the thread re: 1J cams...twas some good info...

ill fix that now
    Project Soarer II - Sold

jetpilot Automotive Encyclopaedia 1JZ.747's Avatar

well thanks

i gave a good post on weight reduction tips and got nothing, i was spewing.

might have to do a members ride thread on myself so every one can see how "full sik rep" iam.

well instead of talking about it, get off yer slack ass and take some photos of the land yacht and make it happen
    Project Soarer II - Sold

i wrote the Automotive Encyclopaedia roadsailing's Avatar

i just got my first negative rep, no reason given but i think i may have ruffled someones feathers.

Former User Conversion King Joshstix's Avatar

The problem is that we can force people to write something there but we can't force them to write something useful.

Wookies are still going to be wookies. When I look through the rep comments there are a lot of them that are no more useful than blanks.

I'd love to have a way to make sure that every rep has useful feedback along with it, but education and individual reponsability need to be how it's done rather than through the software.

Domestic Godess, NOT Domestic Engineer clubagreenie's Avatar

On the reputation topic. With the assorted privledges that come with gaining points, do they disappear if you fall below the required level? ie: avatar goes away at 29 points?
    Friends

ed_jza80 has not made any friends yet