Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Classic Celica Cruise QLD Style! 27th December 2006

Purple is the new black! Automotive Encyclopaedia sillycar chick's Avatar

Default Classic Celica Cruise QLD Style! 27th December 2006

Classic Celica Cruise - Wednesday 27th December 2006

For all 1st gen celicas - TA22, TA23, RA23, RA25, RA28 etc

Bout time we did this guys, a few people have been asking me to organise a decent cruise, after we had six celicas out together a few weeks back now....this time we need way more...

Most of you already know I've been sending around PMs, emails, text messages like CRAZY trying to get a whole heap of us together. (Ive been keeping a list of yas just for this purpose ) Those I have missed will hopefully catch sight of this thread, or hear from someone else. So if youre reading this and have a classic celica or know of someone else with one, express your interest by replying to this thread NOW!!! And if youre not in a classic but still wanna come feel free to tag along. (ie anyone who DOESNT have their car on the road at the moment *cough Rosey cough*)

After some brainstorming it has been decided we are going to do the "Border Loop" down into Lions Road, NSW then back up again. Should make for a very nice cruise with some fun windy mountainous roads, cooler temperatures, awesome scenery and great photo opportunities.

The Specifics:
    MEET: Browns Plains McDonalds Car Park (opposite Grand Plaza Shopping Centre)
    Browns Plains Road, Browns Plains (not far off Mt Lindsay Highway) UBD Map 240 Ref E16

TIME: Meet 9.30am to Depart 10am Sharp - Please dont be late, we dont want you to miss out

BRING: Sunscreen (slip, slop, slap remember), plenty of water, lunch money, full tank of fuel (extra jerry cans for you lilcrash), a camera, and a walkie talkie if you have one.

This is where we are going, follow the purple streak that 51LII leaves behind (sorry about the size, but any smaller and you wouldnt be able to read it properly):

From Browns Plains we will head down Mt Lindsay Highway towards the turnoff to the border loop. We will stop before we turn off to make sure everyone is with us. Then we will head over the border for some fun There will be a lunch stop somewhere along the way, hopefully at the pub sirbabblealot has suggested.

Should be a great day, so the more we have the better. If you have any questions, please post up here, or if youre reading this thread as a guest because youre not on toymods, (I do suggest you sign up to toymods ) then you can email me on [email protected]. Also when we are out and about on the cruise, I can be contacted on 0419 710 597 if you get lost (though my co-pilot may answer, but he wont bite). Hope to see you all there!

Please confirm if you can come by posting in this thread, so I can add you to the list.
    Whos coming.....

1. sillycar chick and RAd28 - TA22
    2. Skiddz - TA22
    3. Celica77 - RA23
    4. Kirk - RA28
    5. Ren_RG28 - RA28
    6. ta22men (from CCCV forum) - TA22?
    7. Lance (not on Toymods) - TA22
    8. 73ta22 - TA22
    9. stock_22 - TA22

......COME ON PEOPLE we STILL need more!!
    Last edited by sillycar chick; 19-12-2006 at 07:14 PM.
    51LII - 1972 TA22 Celica | Morpheous Metallic | 4AGE 20v Silvertop | Razorback ECU | W58
    Toyota Car Club (Qld)

Quote Originally Posted by TheToyman75 View Post
    There is not much hotter than a Freshly painted Celica, Unless its the reflection of a freshly painted Celica on a freshly painted Celica

Junior Member 1st year Apprentice

Default Re: Classic Celica Cruise QLD Style! (Date TBC - around christmas sometime)

I'll be tagging along for sure

Just give us stacks of notice... so I can't come up with an excuse not to go.

Default Re: Classic Celica Cruise QLD Style! (Date TBC - around christmas sometime)

Quote Originally Posted by kirk
    I'll be tagging along for sure

Just give us stacks of notice... so I can't come up with an excuse not to go.
    HAHAHAH AWESOME! Bout time Yeah and there will be no excuses this time Should hopefully have a date for everyone by the end of the week.
    51LII - 1972 TA22 Celica | Morpheous Metallic | 4AGE 20v Silvertop | Razorback ECU | W58
    Toyota Car Club (Qld)

There is not much hotter than a Freshly painted Celica, Unless its the reflection of a freshly painted Celica on a freshly painted Celica

Junior Member Too Much Toyota

any chance that you hav a date in mind? Jan or December?

i'm putting the finishing touches on the December TCCQ magazine today (have to print this afternoon for tonightes monthly meeting) so if you had a date i could include a mention.

ta,
    charles.
    ------------------------------
    ST185 road barge / MZ11 forest barge / RA65 garage barge

Geez its really hard to say at this point... Ideally between christmas and new year, so anywhere between 26 Dec and 29 Dec (after that im probably going camping for the new years weekend) that way most people should be off work then, and the christmas rush should die down for all those poor people who work in retail. No point trying to make it before christmas, I doubt anyone who works retail would be able to get even weekends off work. Im also trying to make it for when riceburna is up here as well. Maybe a boxing day coast cruise or something? Honesty its really too hard to decide on this today

I tell you what, if you can put in a mention that this is happening either 26,27,28 or 29th Dec, date to be confirmed, then add in my email address for anyone who is interested? That way you can put the word out, and I can reply to emails I get with a date and meeting details once its all confirmed. My email is [email protected]... could that work for you? Unfortunately thats the best I can do right now.
    Cheers,
    Dana
    Toyota Car Club (Qld)

Don't even think about making it boxing day... I have a strong family tradition of not being able to drive that day at all.

Quote Originally Posted by kirk
    Don't even think about making it boxing day... I have a strong family tradition of not being able to drive that day at all.
    Hey I thought there were no excuses this time Is that a polite way of saying your gonna be getting pissed? lol Damn you boxing day was probably going to be suitable cos its a public holiday... hopefully everyone has time off on another day, we wanna make sure you come this time!
    Toyota Car Club (Qld)

Yep... and I'm not going to start breaking tradition

Forum Member 1st year Apprentice

Sounds like a good idea bellthourp range i think thats how you spell it. It's at the back of woodford and is 1 of the 10 best roads in australia. I know another route that goes down lion's road it has areas that arn't speed limited. Another thing that might be an idea is to post this on ozcelica you might get some more people come along
    Last edited by sirbabblealot; 05-12-2006 at 05:04 PM.

backyard mechanic Grease Monkey celica77's Avatar

hey its andy, i talk to you on msn, i own the RA23
    yeah i should definatly come along
    got my back seat in for retrim today yay,
    hope heaps of cars can come,
    me and my RA23 should be there
    andy

yeah id be up for that one. with any luck i will have the 18rg in soon. sadly i prolly wont have it painted by then so she will still look like shit and be the whipping car of the day.

Andy! Bout time you got on toymods!

And spud dont worry about your paint, you saw mine, you wont be a loner in that department
    Toyota Car Club (Qld)

king & queen of cheese Domestic Engineer lilcrash's Avatar

let us know and will we be there if my car still works (and burnzie has headlighs(the h4's are here waiting))(and dana has a proper exhaust and will do the speed limit)

laterdays
    Looking for a new toy. If you have something 18r powered let me know.

RIP, where ever you are :- 1974 celica, 3tgte and 186.5hp at 6500rpm

toyota-less Carport Converter skiddz's Avatar

ill be there with bells on give us a bit of notice on the date cos chances are ill be working boxing day but i could call in drunk/sick
    2T out 4A in....

4A out 3VZ in. 3vzfe rebuild, RWD-ising, and conversion for ta22

Junior Member Too Much Toyota

Dana - you have a mention in the club magazine about this cruise - folk from the club who are not members have your email address to send queries to.
    cheers,
    Charles.
    ------------------------------
    ST185 road barge / MZ11 forest barge / RA65 garage barge