Page 29 of 39 FirstFirst ... 192728293031 ... LastLast

Thread: Toyota Nationals 2007 6th-9th April

Junior Member Carport Converter TA-022's Avatar

Default Re: Toyota Nationals 2007 6th-9th April

omg you were there Rosey?!

was awesome .. im just selcecting from the 180 photos now.

stitt has 3x this many
    Black Betty >HERE!<

(\__/)
    (='.'=) This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your
    (")_(") signature to help him gain world domination.

Toymods Net Nazi Too Much Toyota river's Avatar

Hi,

Yes, Rosey was there and we had a bit of a chinwag. Nice to meet him, and I also met Squid, which was very cool too.

seeyuzz
    river
    The thinking man's clown and the drinking woman's sex symbol
    RA25GT - There is no substitute | 18R-G - Toyota's Dependable Masterpiece
    Toymods Car Club Treasurer, assistant Historic Plate Registrar & Forums Admin

Junior Member Conversion King TheStitt's Avatar

Well just got back, made it home in 5 hours. I'm F**ked.

WQe worked out how to tie the wagon down on the trailer so it didn't move so where able to make good time home.

I'll have a weekend in review and my photos and drag videos up within a few days.
    ST177 UZS131 Crown Royal 'G' the pimping limo like daily 1UZFE 144rwkw

DST17T MS53 68 Crown Custom Wagon 7MGTE 266rwkw

Forum Member 1st year Apprentice cressida chick's Avatar

omg

What a great weekend .......

8.89 1/8 th mile Time

Thanx to Everyone that Put the weekend on It was TOPS....

Fastest Female...... Looks at Stitt in rear vision

I <3 Vito Conversion King RiceburnaGTV's Avatar

Wow what a great weekend! I havent laughed so hard in a long time.It was tops to put a face to alot of forum names and meet some really great people.Cheers

Stay tuned for some funny video's thats forsure

All I can say is the people who missed out, make the trip next year as its a blast

Hope everyone makes it back safe and sound.

Cheers
    Nath
    -Just Alloy Radiators-
    www.alloyradiators.com.au

Junior Member Too Much Toyota RONA's Avatar

Made it home about 10 mins ago tired but otherwise from froma very memorable weekend, going through some pics I took.

Last edited by RONA; 09-04-2007 at 05:27 PM.

Toymods Board Member Domestic Engineer Kirsty2520's Avatar

Damn Rona,
    What took you so long???

We got in about 1:30 got out of the celica, unpacked then got in the wagon to go get the puppies and were still home again before you were.
    RIP Nathan Dean. You Will be Missed.
    Life is like Chocolate..... without the bitter, the sweet means nothing.
    Fact of life...After Monday & Tuesday, even the calendar says W T F !!
    Never allow someone to be your priority while you are just their option

Junior Member Too Much Toyota RONA's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Kirsty2520
    Damn Rona,
    What took you so long???

We got in about 1:30 got out of the celica, unpacked then got in the wagon to go get the puppies and were still home again before you were.
    Slow supra owners, didn't leave Dubbo to like quarter to 10

We had lots of stops and then copped some traffic and stitt like towing speeds

Junior Member Automotive Encyclopaedia Alchemist's Avatar

Well, here I go at my account of the Toyota Nationals for 2007.

Firstly please forgive me as I'm not quite the wordsmith that our wise and humble River is, but I'll give it a go.

The day started the night before with some serious washing and waxing of the Supra, as I know River was there and we had to impress. Once the car sparkled under the bright lights of the flouros I did a test fit of my newly aquired car bra, amazingly my cheap import from the US actually fitted the car quite well. I secured that, packed my bags and had an early night so I could be bright and bushy tailed for all the driving the next day.

6am...too bloody early....anyway dragged myself out of bed knowing that it was for a good cause, the Nationals Met up with Hally a local Supra cheiftan(Cruise dude for the NSW Supra Club) and my room LukeSupra at the official meeting place for all Supras, Thornleigh Maccas. Cruised down the M2 towards to official Toymods meetup at yet another Maccas. On the way we stopped to check our air pressure and fill up with the good stuff(BP Ultimate), we met another Supra on this great journey, Mazman(Black JZA80 that came 2nd in the drags) who was also getting some of the good stuff.

Cruised from the BP down to Blacktown Maccas where we met the rest of the Toymods troupe. We had an excellent range of cars from tough old school sleekas to Supras, Soarers, MR2s, we had most bases covered...even a big land cruises to tow Stitts wagon.

We started the long journey North West, with Stitt as our leader....all went smoothly until we hit some hills on the Bells Line of Road...unfortunately the cruiser in high range wasn't coping with towing the wagon up the hill, so we proceede at a merry pace of 30-40Km/h up a few hills. Stitt pulled over, threw the landy into low range and all of a sudder it was coping with the hills much better. We cruised through Bells line of road without any further issues at a stead pace until we reached Lithgow.

We all pulled over on the side of the road for a stop to stretch our legs, eat drink and find bathrooms

We were on our way again, making fast tracks for Orange, Stitt had the cruiser in high range and was making short work of the open flats West of the Great Dividing Range.

Our convoy of 20 or so cars(plus 3km line of traffic we had created) arrived at Orange for lunch. A healthy meal of Macacs and KFC was enjoyed by all. Stitt re-arranged the wagon on the trailer so we could travel above 90Km/h without the wagon bouncing around and threatening to flip over...We regrouped just outside of Orange for the last leg of the trip, to Dubbo.

This is the longest bit of the drive, not really much going on but long flat roads snaking their way through the hills and flats of the region. Ironically we did have a madman in a 4WD again who was making his way through the pack, similar to last year, but not quite as crazy. We cruised through the sunburnt land until we reached the ouskirts of Dubbo, and road works. Again we arrived with our 20 cars, and a few Kms of traffic behind us.

We pulled into the front gates of the Matilda to be greeted by all manner of modded Toyotas, CCG, Toyota Car Club and others were all there waving us in. I checked into my room 131 and we cracked out the beers I was shocked to see River in his RA25 as he'd promised to show us his sh*tbox rolla, but I was happy to see the sexy RA25 in the flesh again.

After much chinwaging about cars dinner was served and slowly the 100 pizzas orderd arrived to feed the swarming masses who were starved from their journey. Much Pizza and garlic bread was consumed before more looking at cars, and drinking continued late into the night.....I hear rumour of Stitt trying to have an early night, but being dragged out of bed crushed by 20 people and then drinking more.....anyway....I called it a night, but the party continued on late into the evening.

Saturday was the show 'n' shine. I got up, got all the dew off my car and cruised to Maccas with the other Supra boys and girls for another healthy breakfast. Met up with some of the Toymods and CCG girls and boys for breakie before heading off to a large park down by the water where we had the show 'n' shine.

Toyota had provided numerous flags, banners and other goodies so the ground looked the goods, and slowly Toyotas covered the grass to make an excellent show 'n' shine. Supras at the top of the hill, working down to Celicas all in their age groups, to 4 door cruisers like Aristos, SC400's and Soarers through Camrys, Corollas and finally Crowns and Centurys. It looked fantastic! I'm sure some pictures will come up soon, but with all the bonets down at the end of the day it just looked the goods!

The show 'n' shi\ne finished up, and we headed back to the Matilda for a "Nana Nap" before dinner and some shennanigans. The NSW Supra Club boys and girls, along with CCG and a few others headed down to the Dubbo RSL for dinner, snooker, drinks and shennanigans....all in all a really fun night, once we got back to the hotel I called it a night and got some sleep as I wanted to be sober, and awake for the drags the next day.

.....fark....too early...had to to get up nice and early for the drags, got Mazmans slicks on Stitts cruiser and made sure I had my helmet and appropriate safety gear for the drags. Met up with the Supra guys and girls at Maccas for Breakie yet again before we headed out to the airport at Wellington.

A good cruise out with some of the big single Supras playing around with their boost settings on the way out made for an interesting cruise to the strip. Sadly passed YellowRolla on the way out with a few Toymodders stopped as well, turns out that his front left wheel bearing had gone Anyway another was sourced and he eventually made it to the event.

All Supras arrived and checked in. We went through the safety breifing and general rules. Whilst waiting for our ambulance to turn up we changed some of the tyres on a few of the Supras to slicks. Ambulance arrived, so we were good to go

There were some quality cars at this years event, the locals came out in force with the usual N20 powered V8s, there was one in a TA22 or TA23 with a HUGE blown V8, tubbed and doing some seriously quick times, the rail car, also going very quickly. The Toyotas were well represented and doing some quick times and quality burnouts. I have to say, and no bias here but towards the end of the day 6Speed(Joe), Mazman(Danny) & Andrew Linton were dropping some serious burnouts and getting some very quick times. As always Yellowrolla stole the show with blistering speed off the line and clockwork operation, I love this little car(it's also for sale...11.5K....speak to YellowRolla). Mazman came in 2nd for the day overall, but Joe stole the fastest time down the 1/8th with a blistering 7.1 something...just wait till I get the videos up, looks awesome!

Personally, didn't go quite as quick as I woulda liked, but was still respectable ...sadly I was a little (0.3) slower than last year, I think with the extra power I now have, I have some traction issues, although, everyone had those. My kills for the day.

Beat a 372KW MZ21
    Beat Mazman (Big Single JZA80)
    Beat Glenbai(TT JZA80)
    Nearly beat Ross, only mm's in it
    Also got killed by Mazman once he stopped trying to use Antilag
    Hally beat me pretty convincingly
    Good fun though

Anyway the day was done and we headed back to the Matilda...

Once back at the Matilda cleaned ourselves and our cars up for a big night out, the Toyota Nationals Awards Ceremony. Heading out to the Awards was interesting, I was geting a lift in a 6MGE powered soarer, but just as I hopped in the car stopped, and wouldn't start, not sure if it didn't like me or....I dunno...anyway in the morning it turned out to be the Alternator and a lack of Petrol. Anyway in the end I wound up getting a lift in a JZA80 with luke, we had 4 blokes in a Supra...and that's a very tight fit!

Anyway rocked up late, got our table and sat down for some quality food and drink Lots of awards were handed out, raffle tickets were drawn, items auctioned off and lost of fun had. I personally won the quicked N/A 6 Cyl. drag trophy and won the raffle twice and scored a Toyota Bag and Toyota stubbie holder

Other Supras that did well....

MAZMAN : 2 Trophies,Runner Up Drags overall(7.68) & Runner Up Super Street Class(next year mate!)
    6SPEED : 4 Tropies(I think), Quickest F/I 6 Cyl, Quickest car on slicks, and others I just can't remember.

After that it was back to the Matilda for more fun and a video night in our room, 131 We watched all the drag and show 'n' shine footage from Hallys camera with about 20-30 people crammed into our room. After that, we went out the back to watch more footage on 6SPEEDs laptop and drink more beer. The fun continued into the night....

Bugger....Monday, Nats was over and we had a long drive home. Stitt headed off early and we said our goodbyes to all the other clubs and rouneded up the Supra troops for our last Maccas breakfast. Headed back the same way we came, stopping in Orange for a quick fuel stop, seeing plenty of Nationals people along the way, we ran into CCG and Grimboy and his convoy. From Orange back to Lithgow and Subway for lunch, then from there the super fun twisties of the Bells Line of Road in a pack of Supras....good times were had!

We hit traffic around Kurrajong but luckily Hally knew a backway so we turned around(lost Rona at this point....where'd you go???) and headed down a backway into Richmond, from there we headed down until we reached our final meetup point. We all pulled over and watched a few other Toyotas and Rona drive by. We said our goodbyes and talked about the awesome weekend we'd just had. We went our Separate ways, Hally myself and Lukesupra headed home through the back of Arcadia and Cherrybrook and the others head back towards to the city and south coast.

Got home, quiet...no cars, no crazy Toyota fans, just silence, Nationals was over....*sigh* Well start planning for next year!

Firstly, thanks to Grant, Dave & Gypsy23 for all the hard work they put into the event, this event wouldn't happen without them so if you didn' say thanks on the night, send them an email or PM letting them know how much you enjoyed it!

Also thanks to Toyota Australia, without them and our other sponsors this event just couldn't happen.

A final thanks Supra girls and boys(Hally, Mazman, Ross, LukeSupra, Kristel, Scott, Barry, Miss7m, Andrew Linton, 6SPEED and all the others I can't remember right now...sorry), we had 17 at the event this year and cleaned up alot of awards, so thanks for making the effort and I hope you had an awesome time, I know I did.

See you next year!

I'll post my photos soon, and very soon the Toyota Nationals website gallery will allow users to create accounts and upload photos there....I'll post once we get the extra webspace we need to make that happen!

Phew...that was long....now sleep...........

Also thanks for Kirsty for dragging my membership stuff out there!
    Last edited by Alchemist; 09-04-2007 at 06:26 PM.

WOW!!!!!!!

What an absolutely FANTASTIC weekend!!!!

Just got home now, totally buggered, but it was well worth it!

Got to meet lots of incredible people, and ogle a multitude of sexy Toyotas!

Can't wait till next year (a few of us NSW Supra Club peoples have already started the countdown!!!! Haha!) - only difference is that my car will be there (+1 for the 7M gang!!!!!)

Thanks to all those that made it possible, i know the NSW Supra Club will be representing again in full force next year!!!!!

Toymods Board Member Domestic Engineer Kirsty2520's Avatar

Well What a weekend.....
    I must remember to get Nana’s babysitting skills every year I think

Friday traveling up was Slow until Orange Following Stitt who was Towing a VERY unsteady Wagon.
    After some of the crew unloaded and reloaded it again and tied it down nice and tight then we were on the move. I must admit sitting no faster then 80 in a 110 zone can make a person kind of edgy

Got there reasonable early and checked in... (I think the guys at Matilda had kittens when we all rocked up together as normally we have split into small groups instead of one Big one) then went to check out our room.. Mmm nice big spa, huge bed, and a big screen LCD..... NICE.

Friday night I took things easy and layed around in the room.
    The usual Finger food for dinner was good to this year although I don't think I have ever seen pizza polished off that quickly in my life

Saturday everyone was up nice and early cleaning and polishing for the show and shine... Rod left with the others while Mandy and I stayed around for a morning of girl stuff.... (Shopping).

Saturday night’s Dinner at hog’s breath was good. Food was good, Company was good, what more can you ask for. Rod, Nathan and his Girlfriend Sarah and I got together out the front and drank and talked crap for a while until the Boys both piked on us at midnight. Sarah and I stayed on for a while and were joined by AndrewST162 and Clint... then a bit later by Danae (if I spelt that Wrong I do appologise) and her girlfriends. We all Stuck around until about 4am then headed off to bed for a cat nap to be up( well for some of us) by 6am for the drags.

Even with our best intentions of being there on time we stopped to help Jason after he had busted a wheel bearing which put us at the drags at about 9:30…..( Alchemist.. We saw the Ambulance pass us at a rather fast rate of knots not long after you guys flew past )

We stayed there after putting up the shade until about 2:30 when I needed to go and get some sleep before dinner.

Dinner was Fantastic as always.
    Congratulations to all those who ended up with Trophies. They are well deserved all of you.

Lastly A BIG thanks to Grant, Dave and Danae for ALL your hard work ( Plus the ladies selling raffle Tickets.. You girls are the best ) I had a fantastic time.

Things to organize for Next year…….
    Saturday night out with the girls so not to upset all those whole wanted an early night before the drags.
    Nana to baby-sit again
    And lastly a kennel that is not going to try and make my dog bleed to death.
    RIP Nathan Dean. You Will be Missed.
    Life is like Chocolate..... without the bitter, the sweet means nothing.
    Fact of life...After Monday & Tuesday, even the calendar says W T F !!
    Never allow someone to be your priority while you are just their option

OK the photo collection on the Nationals website is slowly growing....will take probably take a week or so for me to get logins out to people once we get our webspace expanded and start uploading stuff, so probably next week for a full wrap, but there is at least 70 photos from this years event up now....

www.toyota-nationals.org.au/gallery

Junior Member Grease Monkey grim boy's Avatar

hay nath , did you get a copy of that dv of the drags off your mate , could i grab a coppy

Junior Member Grease Monkey normo's Avatar

Went to Dubbo had a great timeloved the old stuff, loved the drags. Sadly had a call and had to leave before the dinner, I left apologies on a mobile but message never got relayed until today.
    Apologies especially to Clint and Brett I was looking forward to the dinner.
    I will see If I can bring something interesting to next years event as well
    Thanks
    Normo

Not yet mate, I'm hoping to get it tomorrow night, or Tuesday nite, I'll let you know when I got it. I've got no drag photos cause I was driving, gotta wait to get Stitts DVD until I can get them up on the website.