Thread: CCG, Supra & MR2 Clubs @ THE MARQUES CAR SHOW - CANBERRA - SUNDAY, 19 NOVEMBER 2006

Canberra Celica Group Grease Monkey TWEETY's Avatar

Default CCG, Supra & MR2 Clubs @ THE MARQUES CAR SHOW - CANBERRA - SUNDAY, 19 NOVEMBER 2006

MARQUES CAR SHOW - CANBERRA - 19 NOVEMBER 2006

Come one, come all to a local car display to check out Canberra's best pride and joys! The CCG has been invited back this year and we have negotiated 20 car spots to be allocated for the CCG, 5 for the Supra Club and 5 for the MR2 Club.

This event is not a 'Car Show' as we know it. It is about promoting to the ACT public that there are a vast array of car clubs in the community. Of course, this is a great way for us Toyota clubs to promote ourselves as well. We are inviting the 20 cars listed below to be available for Sunday 19 Nov to display their cars. If those invited are not available to participate please advise ASAP so we can approach other keen members to participate.

Please note that this entire event is FREE for those that ar invited to enter their cars and the everyone to come along to view all the other club cars as well. If you are participating then you will have to have your car ready to cruise at 8am and leave it there until 3pm. It will give you heaps of time to check out the other car displays! We will have the famous 'Chuck Wagon' there with the BBQ fired up so we invite everyone to come and support this event as it was a great success last year!

Details are as follows:
    Date: Sunday, 19 Nov 2006
    Format:
    FOR CARS ATTENDING: 8.00 – 9.00 am. Meet at the Futsal Stadium (Large car park near boat hire, next to Commonwealth Avenue Bridge) Barrine Dr, Action Park, Civic. 8.30 - 9.15 am - Cruise, to John Knight Park, Belconnen (On the foreshore of Lake Ginninderra)
    10.00 am – 3.00 pm – Park all CCG, Supra and MR2 cars in the same area as last year, have a look around the displays, kick back and relax.
    FOR EVERYONE WISHING TO COME ALONG: You are still able to join the cruise at 8am at the Futsal Stadium and cruise with us to John Knight Park if you wish. Of course everyone is invited to come to the show to have a look around from 10am.

Departure time: 3.00pm. Please note that if your car is on display you are requested to leave your car there until 3.00pm. It was a brilliant sunny day last year so don’t forget to bring a chair and a hat!

CAN THE FOLLOWING PEOPLE PLEASE CONFIRM THEIR AQVAILABILITY NOW:
    Damian Gossip
    Justen Simpson
    Grant Haines
    Colin Hewitt (RA23)
    Colin Hewitt (RA28)
    Damian Caldwell
    Mal Caldwell
    Jeremy Marsh
    Yiannis Paschalidis
    Matt Trapani
    Gordon Brewster
    Chuck Landwher
    Ross Pandher
    Jane Greagg
    Peter Greagg
    Steve Millar
    Rodger Maconachie
    Shane Paton
    Sebastian Becher
    Trent Kershaw
    Joel Wise
    Mitch Sloan

So if you have any questions, please email [email protected] or [email protected].
    Cheers
    Mitch, Phil & guest organiser Jeremy Marsh
    3TGT TA22 'Tweety' Canberra Celica Group (CCG) = www.canberracelica.org
    147 RWKW / NIL quarter mile / 2D:1h:12m Wakefield / NIL Hillclimb.....but 1/8th mile at Dubbo = 10.53

Old School Fanatic... Automotive Encyclopaedia jezz's Avatar

Default Re: CCG, Supra & MR2 Clubs @ THE MARQUES CAR SHOW - CANBERRA - SUNDAY, 19 NOVEMBER 20

To all of those people on the list Above can you please confirm with me (Jeremy) if you can make it to the Marques car show as soon as possible please ?

This is so i can arrange alternate cars in your place.

If you are interested in showing your car and you are not on the list please also contact me as soon as possible

Email : [email protected]
    PH or SMS : 0420303702

Cheers

Jeremy

how much is Too Much Toyota JustenGT8's Avatar

Default Re: CCG, Supra & MR2 Clubs @ THE MARQUES CAR SHOW - CANBERRA - SUNDAY, 19 NOVEMBER 2006

Can't say i'm likely to get a leave pass unless i can leave early?
    Lily Simpson 6.7.2010
    R.I.P.

Default Re: CCG, Supra & MR2 Clubs @ THE MARQUES CAR SHOW - CANBERRA - SUNDAY, 19 NOVEMBER 20

Quote Originally Posted by JustenGT8
    Can't say i'm likely to get a leave pass unless i can leave early?
    Sorry dude no can do the events manager would prefer us to leave the cars were they are until the end of the event.

Cheers

Jeremy

GT4 Freak, and Conversion King Squid's Avatar

Default Re: CCG, Supra & MR2 Clubs @ THE MARQUES CAR SHOW - CANBERRA - SUNDAY, 19 NOVEMBER 2006

I'll take the GT8 home for you justen

Oh wait I can't make it either
    ST185 GrpA #116
    ST165 GT4 Project Car - Soon with v6 goodness.

The glass is neither half empty nor half full, rather the glass is twice as big as it needs to be.

Confirmed people so far

Damian Gossip
    Grant Haines
    Colin Hewitt (RA23)
    Colin Hewitt (RA28)
    Damian Caldwell
    Mal Caldwell
    Jeremy Marsh
    Yiannis Paschalidis
    Chuck Landwher
    Steve Millar
    Sebastian Becher
    Joel Wise
    Mitch Sloan
    Ben Haines
    Justin Marshall
    Lorinda Miller

However if your your name is below please get in contact with Me (jeremy) Mitch or Phil as soon as possible so we can confirm your place or get a replacment.

Mal Caldwell
    Gordon Brewster
    Ross Pandher
    Trent Kershaw

Cheers

Jeremy

Junior Member Chief Engine Builder wiso's Avatar

well, i am gonna be there in the new beast, the lil ADUB can have a day off. got a permit for the day. and all the problems are sorted, looking forward to going for a real drive in her

oh mitch, you better bring a club sticker, i will need one
    89' MR2 AW11... His
    00' MR2 ZZW30... Hers

i Was just going to ask you that in your rides thread....
    Bottom line: Life's too short, drive something you love.
    Canberra Celica Group

Forum Member 1st year Apprentice

Pretty good turnout...was a great day for it too.

There were plenty more CCG members there earlier but I had a brain explosion and forgot to take photos of them.
    CCG cars.

Mitch's car makes me feel funny in the pants.

And some non-toyota cars.
    GTHO
    SLR5000

56k users should grab a beer and get comfy
    Last edited by 1984; 21-11-2006 at 12:06 AM. Reason: 56k note

Canberra Celica Group Grease Monkey TWEETY's Avatar

Thanks for the comment Jase...I think....

Here are some fine pics taken, supplied and hosted by our good MR2 friend Anthony:

http://www.circlefx.com/%7Emr2act/act_marques_06_page1/
    http://www.circlefx.com/%7Emr2act/act_marques_06_page2/
    http://www.circlefx.com/%7Emr2act/act_marques_06_page3/
    http://www.circlefx.com/%7Emr2act/act_marques_06_page4/

Was a great day and a special thanks to Jeremy Marsh for setting up the event as our guest organiser for the CCG.
    Cheers
    Mitch
    3TGT TA22 'Tweety' Canberra Celica Group (CCG) = www.canberracelica.org
    147 RWKW / NIL quarter mile / 2D:1h:12m Wakefield / NIL Hillclimb.....but 1/8th mile at Dubbo = 10.53