Page 23 of 33 FirstFirst ... 132122232425 ... LastLast

Thread: Toyota Nationals 2006

The original GT2 Backyard Mechanic draza's Avatar

Default Re: Toyota Nationals 2006

got back at 2:30, but had to unpack, left at 8:45. So i'm only just gettting online. Great event i took over 300 photos, i'll sort threw them for the ones to post up.

Anyone coming to the meeting tonight and wants a copy(of all the photos i took) bring a laptop.
    '87 ST162 GT2 rip
    '94 Vienta - 350,000km sent to wrecker
    '00 Avalon - Rear ended by 4WD, kept going for 4 months. Written off.
    '95 Mazda 626 - It was free...
    '88 ST162 - the love lives on.

RIP Scott Kalitta Automotive Encyclopaedia Mr DOHC's Avatar

so when are they moving the event to brissie
    JZX83+ FMIC+ Twin 2.5" dumps to 3"+ FCD+ 2800rpm stallie+ 14psi - LSD - good tyres = 12.85 @105.58

The boobs are back

pedro sanchez wannabee Domestic Engineer Dom-AE71's Avatar

meeting tonite - i dont think george is open today???? i rang the shop and now answer :S

anyone confirm? might need to make other arrangements for post meeting feed?

Teh Massif Dong Carport Converter BlackSupra's Avatar

The meeting is on.

I broke my clutch - it smells like p00.

RIP Scott Kalitta Automotive Encyclopaedia Mr DOHC's Avatar

whats wrong with u river, why no more pics of the RG in MAD79R
    JZX83+ FMIC+ Twin 2.5" dumps to 3"+ FCD+ 2800rpm stallie+ 14psi - LSD - good tyres = 12.85 @105.58

The boobs are back

Toymods Net Nazi Too Much Toyota river's Avatar

Hi,

You're right and I'm pretty pissed off with myself for not taking one. Hey, I didn't even take one of my own 18RG which just shows how slack I was in taking pics.

I was too busy walking around, talking notes into my portable recorder so I can do a writie up.

seeyuzz
    river
    The thinking man's clown and the drinking woman's sex symbol
    RA25GT - There is no substitute | 18R-G - Toyota's Dependable Masterpiece
    Toymods Car Club Treasurer, assistant Historic Plate Registrar & Forums Admin

Celica Pilot Conversion King Gold28's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by river
    Hi,

You're right and I'm pretty pissed off with myself for not taking one. Hey, I didn't even take one of my own 18RG which just shows how slack I was in taking pics.

I was too busy walking around, talking notes into my portable recorder so I can do a writie up.

seeyuzz
    river
    Noticed you took plenty of photos of 1G's though River. Me thinks you are denying your natural urges to retire the tractor motor and invest in the technical marvel you are so badly craving.

Sounds like you guys had a fantastic weekend. Yay to the Nationals of old and the fantastic recipe that it is. Thanks to all hte photo posters. While I couldn't be there to bask in the toyota nationals radiance I am loving the writeups and photos you guys are providing.

I had a bit of a toyota easter myself. Looks like the Easter Bunny received my letter and got me what I really wanted. Keep an eye on the members rides for details soon.....

Oh and River, regarding the Hoff and your affection for his manly beauty. I appreciate that you are torn between the two of us but a long distance relationship was never going to work and I think we both know that it was only my car that turned you on.

Junior Member Backyard Mechanic micster's Avatar

Meeting is on defiantly on tonight. I'll bring a few CD's full of photos for those that want some pics.
    Previous Ride: 1986 ST162 Celica
    Current Ride: Mazda 3 SP23

pedro sanchez wannabee Domestic Engineer Dom-AE71's Avatar

i know the meeting is on tointe i was saying that the POST MEETING FEED has a few question marks above my head

Junior Member Backyard Mechanic micster's Avatar

Drag racing photos now up!!!!!
    http://www.plasmicdesign.com.au/st16...ationals_2006/

Also got a few videos from my digital camera (no audio though)
    http://www.plasmicdesign.com.au/st16...s_2006/videos/
    Previous Ride: 1986 ST162 Celica
    Current Ride: Mazda 3 SP23

Junior Member Chief Engine Builder wiso's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ace
    What engine was in this beast?
    Great work on the writeup and pics riv-dog

very worked 3sgte

kudos to Grant Dave and the crew, was an awsome weekend, and will be back next year
    89' MR2 AW11... His
    00' MR2 ZZW30... Hers

Junior Member Automotive Encyclopaedia Alchemist's Avatar

Where to start.....what a big weekend!

Firstly my thanks go to all the crew that where behind this event. Dave, Grant, Their families and all the others involved. From my point of view the whole weekend was a success and ran very smoothly.....Here's my writeups, as I'm a little younger than our river I wont be quite as comprehansive, but wisdom comes with age eh?

Friday.....

Got up way too early, like 6am...evil, espcially for good Friday, trundled around the corner to pickup Finney as he was minus car a licence , this gave me someone to talk to for the long cruise out. Cruised down to the meeting point at the M4, to find I was the 2nd one there, and I got there late......typical Toymods fashion Anyway as the minutes ticked by people started turning up, in the end we had a damn respectable cruise for the way out, about 15-20 cars.....a good mix of old and new. Stitt had a scare with some leaking coolant that lead to many BHG calls, but was just a clamp.

Cruised up through the Blue Mountains and caught in way too much traffic, damn holiday makers! We also suffered our first casuality around here as the diff on the 4AGTE shat itself, he managed too limp it to Orange, where river first noticed it.

Abit after Bathurst poor Matt(whatthe?) got stuck infront of a highway patrol cop at this point, for like 20 minutes Stitt devised an awesome plan and staged a breakdown with the trailer saying the tyres had come loose so they could all pull over, so toobs and Stitt pulled over, but Matt kept going. Anyway shortly after he pulled over and they all went on the back of the convoy, as we drove further along more and more people kept pulling over to let the cop past till he was in front. He wound up leading us all the way into Orange.

Stopped in Orange for lunch, good greasy Maccas had all round, got fuel and met up with River. Cruised from Orange to Dubbo, we'd been going at a slower pace earlier in the day, dunno what happened, but we definately picked up the pace....I gotta say the 18RG's in river and Karls cars impressed me in a big way, I rate the 18RG alot now Read Rivers writeup for the fun we had with a stupid 4WD...

Arrived in Dubbo without any further incident, ah except a MA70's gearbox shitting itself on the outskirts of Dubbo.....Stitt and Chris headed back out in the Wagon using Dennis's trailer to go and pickup the Corolla as Mos was bringing a new T50 series diff up the next day.

We all proceeded to enjoy the Nationals welcome dinner and get sloshed. Later Stitt and the Corolla arrived back in one piece, we unloaded the trailer and Stitt proceeded to get sloshed

Guitars were burned....I'm sure someone will post pics

To quote BVD, "good times.."

Saturday......

Show and shine, since I was post 1986 I slept in some....rolled up to the S & S to see some sweet sweet cars, plenty of tough old skool Celicas and all other types of Toyotas, a god showing of Supras too I must say. Enjoyed the day and got thouroughly sunburnt again being out in the sun all day.

For the arvo I wound up sleeping as I was still tired from the night before, other Toymodders went to the zoo and had fun...

We all went to the local bowling club for dinner, and took over their function room as they had a group of 50 just cancel, and we had about that many people, good food all around...

Then did a few laps of Dubbo in Stitts wagon, and had....fun.....you just had to be there with 6 people in the car, Turbo's spooling and the looks on peoples faces was priceless, I won't say anymore

Went back to the hotel, more beers and good times were had, remote control rally Corollas were burned.....Some silly buggers were playing with the fuses and lights that night, not cool!

Sunday......

Drags.....woohooo....after getting up too late, and missing the cruise to the strip Finney and I drove aimlessly back towards Wellington looking for signs to the airport as we'd lost our maps, just as we pulled over to figure out where we were, Ed, John, Kylie and Jason drove past and we followed them out to the strip.

Some great local cars there(pics earlier), lots of good times run and fun had. All the big cars were having problems with traction, even with some of the top cars running drag radials and slicks. Again Jason's corolla was awesome, love watching that launch! All the Toyomodders put in an awesme effort doing great guns, highlights for me was Stitts wagon, just so much fun to watch. Personally I ran a 9.62 1/8th mile was a pretty good time, the Supra just launched well and ate up the 1/8th mile, really enjoyed it!!!!

BVD and Josh had some bad luck with bits breaking, but still ran in awesome times!

Sunday night was dinner at the Sticks and Stones, a really nice restaurant which the Nationals had totally reserved, great food was had all round and Toymods cleaned up with Trophies, I managed to bad quickest N/A 6 Cyl for the drags, which I was stocked about Bought a limited edition ZZT231 plate for my Dad in teh Auction, Dave picked up a nice ST185 plate, Drazza got the 165 and John bought the RA40

Went back to hotel....was pretty dead actually, I think quite a few tired people around. Had a few quiet drinks and got some sleep for the long drive home....

Monday.....

Woke up with every intention of leaving early, but just didn't.....Helped BVD try to sort out his clutch woes and grabbed some breakie. When we finally managed to get going it was about 9am. Cruised along nicely until Stitts brakes went missing, and with a trailer that was no fun.

So we pulled out the tools and tried to figure out what broke, after a while Jason and Co. came down the road and we waved them down, after about 30 minutes of pulling stuff apart Stitts brakes were alot better than they were and we kept on going, kept up a quick pace for the overtaking lanes and stopped in Lithgow for lunch and started up the Bells Line of Road.....which was awesome until we ran into some trucks near Bilpin.....crawled home from there....once we got into Richmond it was all good, saw some other Toymodders pulled over so our group(Micster, MAD79R, Stitt and Adz) said our goodbyes and headed our separate ways....

We headed up the M7, then M2 and home...rolled into bed about 5pm this arvo, slept, missed meeting and just wrote all this, will get up the few pics I have soon.

Thanks to all for the great weekend away, it was my first Toyota Nationals, and I'll definately be going back for more! Shirt was awesome too!

*yawn* more sleep needed.....

Also a thanks to Dennis(grimboy) for making numerous bits for my car to make it go faster!
    Last edited by Alchemist; 18-04-2006 at 04:54 PM.

Junior Member Too Much Toyota

A little over 9hrs after leaving Dubbo, 6 cars (MA61 Supra x 3, MR2, Landcruiser and the out-of-place subaru) make it back to BNE without a single speeding ticket.

Was good to see faces that match (or dont match at all) usernames and Members rides' threads.

I'll be back next year and not as a passenger.

Toymods Board Member Domestic Engineer Kirsty2520's Avatar

Hahaha Nathen I think you mean Kylie and Jason Drove past.
    RIP Nathan Dean. You Will be Missed.
    Life is like Chocolate..... without the bitter, the sweet means nothing.
    Fact of life...After Monday & Tuesday, even the calendar says W T F !!
    Never allow someone to be your priority while you are just their option

Rest in Peace Conversion King ViPeR_NiPPleX's Avatar

Damn it sounds like you guys had a bit of an adventure! If there's a next one... i'll have to make sure i've got a licence