Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: calling all you 5m-e speciallists! work this one out

Nay sayer Domestic Engineer Mr Ed's Avatar

Default Re: calling all you 5m-e speciallists! work this one out

Dont be such a frikin girl then!
    I used to eat alot of natural foods. That was until I learned that most people died of natural causes.

JZA61

Quote Originally Posted by Sir_2jza70
    Admitting that was a mistake, you had the chance to start out fresh and blew it!
    u wudda found out anyway, im not being a girl. man, dw im ova it, ok done fin.

JZA61

dam that vibration got 10 times worse this arvo!, i think it may be the flywheel. it isnt the tail shaft cause i crusie on 100 and put the clutch in and the vibrations go away. it gets extreamly bad at 150km, it feels like its got a lop sided weight on the crank shaft. im thinking of taking it off the road now and getting a 100 dollar wonder as a daily.

Junior Member Backyard Mechanic sunkloto69@hotmail.com's Avatar

and which raceway did u test this 150kmh on...cause toymods dusnt approve of illegal activities haha feels diff to be the 1 saying that !!!

JZA61

i tested it in my back yard on my dyno i made out of marbles and marine grease......

Quote Originally Posted by JZA61
    i tested it in my back yard on my dyno i made out of marbles and marine grease......

we have toymods home mechanic of the year right here ... + rep

JZA61

lol, cool cant wait to get the stupid ass 5m-e out of my car. its not even an engine. its like some apprentice mechanic was taking out the trash metal and dropped it on the floor, toyota found the mess and called it the 5m-e. seriously its gotta b the worst engine toyota eva made. who agrees?

lol ME ME * waves arms wildly* even though i have never driven one the general opinion seems to be they are a waste of engine space

JZA61

Quote Originally Posted by [email protected]
    lol ME ME * waves arms wildly* even though i have never driven one the general opinion seems to be they are a waste of engine space
    yeh lol, i got a question. how much do you think a reasonable mechanic would chardge to fit a 1j into an ma61 (including bolt up gearbox, bolt down to chassis and fix all hoses and belt back on and mount new radiator)? bout 2-2.5g?

its mkIIsupracar.
    #1 - bad mistake. ive seen your threads on supraforums - and be warned: random, fruitless, considerless, un-thought-out threads will disappear very quickly from these tech forums.

u wudda found out anyway, im not being a girl. man, dw im ova it, ok done fin.
    #2 - read the rules, no crap sms, l337 5p34k, or other 13 year old language will be tolerated on these forums

#3 - the tech forums arent for ambling chit chat. specific tech problem, focussed tech question, relevant tech answer ONLY

#4 - welcome to the forums, have a nice day
    ../delete/ban
    tech moderator
    E46 M3 Nürburgring Nordschleife - 8.38

PS - this thread is about some weird 5me vibration (which sounds like a fucked crank pulley) - by the way, have you actually checked any of the things folks have suggested thus far, or have you just continued to talk about it a lot, as well as drive it?

but anyway, if youve got a question about 1jz installations - start a new thread. and something less vague than youve started above would be a good start
    ../delete/ban
    tech moderator

JZA61

Quote Originally Posted by ed_jza80

#4 - welcome to the forums, have a nice day
    thanks man

JZA61

Quote Originally Posted by ed_jza80
    PS - this thread is about some weird 5me vibration (which sounds like a fucked crank pulley) - by the way, have you actually checked any of the things folks have suggested thus far, or have you just continued to talk about it a lot, as well as drive it?

but anyway, if youve got a question about 1jz installations - start a new thread. and something less vague than youve started above would be a good start
    yea sorry, i have cheked as much out as i can. still cant figre out where the vibrations are comming from though, i suspect the flywheel. can this be a symptom of a screwed up flywheel? and if you can sugest a better way to get to springwood from pacific pine every morning at 4 im all ears.

Quote Originally Posted by Norbie
    I had the exact same thing happen when I bent the pressure plate in my Supra, knocking it slightly out of balance. If there's nothing obvious happening externally this is where I'd be looking.
    12th post in

have you taken the belts off? torqued the harmonic balancer? checked the AC clutch bell?

lots of stuff that needs to be physically/mechanically checked. Its 1/2 a days mechanical 'work' to sort through this stuff. not just a brief eyeball of the engine bay
    ../delete/ban
    tech moderator

JZA61

oh woops sorry didnt see that. lol cool pressure plate aye? whats that do? can it be changed at home?