Thread: 4agze TPS - fault & setup

ditty man Grease Monkey

Default 4agze TPS - fault & setup

I have rebuilt my motor, brought a new knock sensor and my idle is still fluctuating and so Ii cant set the timing and im getting error 41 on my dash.

I went through the process of setting up the TPS -

1. Disconect the wiring from teh TPS and connect an ohmmeter between teh TPS terminals IDL and E2.

2. with a 0.40mm feeler gauge installed between the throttle screw and the throttle lever, continuity should be displayed. An open circuit should be displayed with a 0.90mm feeler gauge installed. If a fault is indicated, adjust the TPS as follows:

(a) install a 0.70mm feeler gauge between the throttle lever and the throttle stop screw.
    ( B ) connect an ohmmeter between the TPS terminals IDL and E2.
    ( c ) loosen the TPS screws and rotate the sensor until the ohmmeter moves from an open or closed circuit.
    ( d ) tighten the screws and repeat step 2

3. check the voltage at the ECU connecter terminal VTA with the ignition on. The voltage should be 0.3 - 0.8 volt with the throttle closed, and 3.2 - 4.9 volts with the throttle open fully.
    4.check the TPS resistances as listed in specifications. Renew the TPS if a fault is indicated.
    5. with the TPS wiring disconnected and the ignition on check for aprox 5 volts between VTA and E2 at the TPS wiring connector and 9 -14 volts between terminals IDL and E2.
    If the voltage is not correct, check the wiring between teh TPS and ECU for continuity and shorts to earth. Test the ECU power supply and earth circuits.
    renew the ECU if no fault can be found.
    6. check the wiring between the TPS and ECU terminals VTA & IDL for continuity and shorts to earth.

anyway i did all this, disconected the plug . Put a .40mm feeler gauge in and i got no continuity.. so I put in the .70mm in and got a reading of 14.88 ohm on the 20k setting so I asume thats 14,880 ohms. I turned over the TPS and it didnt move from that spot, it just stayed at 14.88.

So i turned ignition on, put a lead on VTA on the plug and one on the chassis for ground and i got .051v with throttle closed on the .2 volt setting and the reading didnt change on full throttle on the .2v setting

does this mean my TPS is screwed? im worried its my ECU "crosses fingers"

ditty man Grease Monkey

Default Re: 4agze TPS - fault & setup

and am i doing this testing via the plug or the TPS it self hahaha i have been stickn teh multimeter downt eh plug not the tps.

ditty man Grease Monkey

Default Re: 4agze TPS - fault & setup

Never mind.. all fixed