Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Guide to removal of Speed Alarm Bell for AW11 imports (Pic intensive be warned!)

I Hate Being A Carport Converter Clown's Avatar

Default Re: Guide to removal of Speed Alarm Bell for AW11 imports (Pic intensive be warned!)

Quote Originally Posted by JBs
    I've recently been toying with the idea of reinstalling the chime with a switch

Anyhow thanks for the comments guys, glad to hear I've helped ease the pain.

Contemplated this myself. Anyway of rigging it up Commodore style on a variable switch? So i could set it to 60ish for town, 115 for highway, or what ever speed i want it set as?
    GZE AW11, M40b18 e30, 1J cressida

Junior Member Carport Converter JBs's Avatar

Default Re: Guide to removal of Speed Alarm Bell for AW11 imports (Pic intensive be warned!)

Quote Originally Posted by EA99
    So I just took it all apart, and just a question, how do you guys get those 10mm bolts off?! I can get the left one, but the one on the right is like impossible to get off! anyways i made do and just wiggled everything out, and what do you know! my chime is there but disconnected looks like the previous owner got as pissed off as you
    I did it with an extension and a long 10mm socket, it was a bit of a bitch but when you own an AW11 you expect these awkward nuts and bolts
    Taken completely out of context:
    Quote Originally Posted by ROTFL-ACT
    JB's quite funny

Junior Member Too Much Toyota GUN METAL's Avatar

Great work mate, you have REP 1

I particularly like how you take out revenge and destroy the sucker.

However you dont say what inventive disposal method you actually used ?

What would be great is some youtube footage of setting it on fire, blowing it up, or simply throwing it out of the window of the car, preferably at over 100 km / hr
    MY BELOVED AW11...Updated members ride thread>>>>http://www.toymods.net//forums/showt...=4584#post4584

AW11s always welcome in my driveway !

Quote Originally Posted by GUN METAL
    Great work mate, you have REP 1

I particularly like how you take out revenge and destroy the sucker.

However you dont say what inventive disposal method you actually used ?

What would be great is some youtube footage of setting it on fire, blowing it up, or simply throwing it out of the window of the car, preferably at over 100 km / hr
    I'm a bit of a hypocrite, I've this thing against destroying anything that comes off the AW11 no matter how annoying

It's been sitting on a shelf next to my bed for the last 2 years..........One point I missed it so much I got a battery touched the wires to either end to check it still worked..........
    JB's quite funny

I Hate Being A Carport Converter Clown's Avatar

"You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to JBs again."

bahhhhhhhh
    GZE AW11, M40b18 e30, 1J cressida

Robots! dancing robots! Domestic Engineer gearb0x's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by JBs
    I've recently been toying with the idea of reinstalling the chime with a switch

Anyhow thanks for the comments guys, glad to hear I've helped ease the pain.
    Yeah ive been thinking of doing the same with mine since i removed it, i actually dont mind the chime and think its pretty cool for the odd trip over 100, just not on highway driving it drives ya nuts.

Junior Member Backyard Mechanic TC1600's Avatar

I wonder if you could hook it up to a 9v battery and hide it in someone's room? If it's in a drawer or cupboard they may not hear it until later when things are quiet, then they are searching around the room going "wtf is that dinging?"

Quote Originally Posted by TC1600
    I wonder if you could hook it up to a 9v battery and hide it in someone's room? If it's in a drawer or cupboard they may not hear it until later when things are quiet, then they are searching around the room going "wtf is that dinging?"
    You can definitely hook it up to a 9v battery, I used one to check it still works.
    JB's quite funny