Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Cry 02 Cooling System. Your opinions???

tilting at windmills Carport Converter Ben Wilson's Avatar

Default Re: Cry 02 Cooling System. Your opinions???

Quote Originally Posted by oldcorollas
    thanks for the story.. wasn't so hard to say that first up tho?

so the fault lies with the scrutineers not actually even measuring the thing??? thats just silly
    Bear in mind, having homologation papers written in Japanese probably helped...

1G beliver Backyard Mechanic BLK1g-gte's Avatar

The bottle would not weigh any more then 10kq.... And reading around the net the intercooler spray definitely works. How much, well different engines react differently.. On 1ggte I think cause the turbos size is fairly small they generate more heat at 17psi then a big single therefore taking the heat out of the intake charge at the intercooler will most definitely yield result. The co2 will form a small layer of ice which will cool the intercooler even after you have designated it. So if u run it for 5 sec...You still get benefits after u turned it off. I am expecting around 10 -15rwkw if u want to put it in numbers out of the Co2 kit. Now 10rwkw to pull extra 10kg...hmmm I think it does offset the weight.

Anyways the whole point of this wanking around with this product is that i am trying to achive 170+rwkw with an auto 1ggte and stock ecu.
    At the moment i am stuck at 145rwkw with no A/F mods and at 14psi .
    I am expectin aroud 165rwkw with a SAFC to bring the mixture to optimum and 17psi once i sort out the fuel cut.I let you all know when i put it together and dyno it if the Co2 works.
    Again thanks for you inputs.

All i like to know now is if cooling the fuel has any benefits?????
    I really like to find this out as I can't get any info on it. So any help would be great.

Senior Citizen Chief Engine Builder "Z" UTE's Avatar

BLK1g-gte, if you install the fuel rail cooler, you effectively increase the density of the fuel, so yes it will help. Would be very hard to put a number on what magnitude of HP increase. Their are variables, such as what type of fuel system you run. Is it an on demand fuel pump, or is it the typical push as much fuel to the rail as possible, and bypass what you dont need. The latter generates lots of heat, whereas if you have an on demand system, the heat is negligeable, in which case a fuel rail cooler would be fairly ineffective.
    A 50hp shot of NOS at the compressor outlet, would have the desired cooling effect, you could also look at a water methanol nozzle in the compressor inlet tract.

cheers Chuck.
    "What man can build, man can fix!"
    MS51Crown Coupe,
    GSV40R Aurion luxo tourer. One TA22 currently receiving some TLC prior to paint One RS56 Crown ute under construction, 2 x TA22's awaiting rebuilds. Toyota Crown RS47J ute in need of serious TLC. Toyota Crown Custom Wagon MS53 daily hauler stocko!

Junior Member Too Much Toyota oldcorollas's Avatar

the density of the fuel will just affect the required pulse width from the injector. once injected, the difference from slightly cooler fuel will not be anywhere near as great as the temp change from atomisation/vapourisation... i would imagine?
    "I'm a Teaspoon, not a mechanic"
    "There is hardly anything in the world that a man can not make a little worse and sell a little cheaper" - John Ruskin (1819 - 1900)

AU$TRALIA... come and stay and PAY and PAY!!! The moral high horse of the world!

Junior Member Backyard Mechanic jonra23's Avatar

The density change due to temperature of fuel compressed that is increased to >40psi would be 2/5 of SFA I would have thought, not enough to give a measurable change in mixture and therefore power output.

regards
    jon