Thread: Camry, 3sfe electrical problems

Junior Member Grease Monkey

Default Camry, 3sfe electrical problems

Hi

after i changed timing belt on my camry sv21, i have got some weird electrical problems i cant figure out.

It seems like something happened with the coldstart injector or something, cuz the car is very hard to start when its cold. also while driving i have experienzed that the car dies for a few secs, then run like normal again, this seem to occour if i give full throttle for a while, or do a fast step on the throttle. the temp gauge doesnt work either.

i have checked the fuses, cables etc but i cant find anything wrong,

does anyone know exactly with sensors i should be checking, and a way to check them, relays, fuses, anything that you know of that can cause this?

i havent unhooked or done anything to the electrical system while i changed the timing belt, so i dont really understand what have happened, everything worked perfect before.

-thanks for all ur help

BBP racing 3rzfe+T Carport Converter BeRad's Avatar

Default Re: Camry, 3sfe electrical problems

id say you should be checking your timing, if timing is to advanced the car becomes to had to start, etc. if youve put the belt covers back on id take them off and be 100% sure that the cam,crank,cam pulley marks are all spot on.

if the cranks a tooth out, you can advance it quiet alot, another way to check is to retart the distrubutor fully which should just about compensate for the crank/cams being a tooth out, BUT shouldnt be taken as if it has fixed the problem, if it does fix it remove the timing belt and start again.
    Only the shittiest of wines come in 5 litres

boosted 3rz hilux *new project* mwahaha
    http://www.toymods.net/forums/showth...940#post134940

Junior Member Grease Monkey

Hi

Thanks for your answer.

I have already double and tripple checked the timingbelt, so im pretty sure it isnt the problem. since the temp gauge doesnt work either, it seems to me its an electrical problem, but i ran out of ideas on what to look for.

More suggestions are welcome

BBP racing 3rzfe+T Carport Converter BeRad's Avatar

tried retartding the timing via the dizzy? , even though the belt may seem right it may be out, not saying your wrong but its a 2 minute job and could save you alot of messing around looking for problems
    Only the shittiest of wines come in 5 litres

boosted 3rz hilux *new project* mwahaha
    http://www.toymods.net/forums/showth...940#post134940