Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: ECU jzx100 pins

Forum Member

Default Re: ECU jzx100 pins

Im currently swapping the same engine into a 2001 is300. Can anyone explain what these plugs are for? I believe the blue plug with the black wires was the one in question above...they all need an igsw signal correct..

Junior Member 1st year Apprentice

Hey,

The blue plug is the 12V+ supply for all the electrical components on the motor, like injectors, idle control valve, VVT solenoid, O2 sensor, etc.

Best way to make sure is unplug the computer from the loom, unplug an injector plug, connect a multi meter to the black(with white trace) wire off the injector, and find the wire on the blue plug. Do the same for the other wire, which will be the colour of the injector you use (So Injector 1will be the 34 pin plug ECU plug, and position 10)

The one with the black shrould all the way up to the plug from memory is the traction control plug, the white far left plug. The other white plug out of that cluster is for the dash for oil pressure, water temp, etc. on the dash. I cannot remember for the life of me what the other two plugs are for and I don't have my wiring diagram with me (I live in Canada now, and it's in storage back in Oz)

Do you have the 1JZGTE VVTi wiring diagram?? You really need this file to make sure you have the correct wires connected into the IS300 loom. the wiring diagram will let you use a multimeter to trace those wires to the appropriate device on the motor.

Send me a msg if you want the file and I'll email it to you.

Cheers.
    90 MX83 Cressida Grande - 1JZGTE VVTi, A340LE, PWR FMIC, driven everyday SOLD
    01 Y61 GU 'glued back together' ZD30 grenade, 5 inch lift, ARB front and rear air lockers, Taipan XP exhaust, Safari Dtronic
    85 S3 RX7 - Dual Axial Flux motors & controllers, traction and stability programs, 1Farad cap. & LiPo batt, 60km range, 0-100 km 3.2 secs & 200 km/h top speed.....

Forum Member

Nilezy,i need the jzx100 diagram,i have swap in to my altezza.thanks

C2H5OH Powered Automotive Encyclopaedia George's Avatar

cruiser9380 my 1jz-ge vvti had exactly the same connectors as on your picture. I had to trace them down with a multimeter and then cut the connectors so I can't bring too much details now. However.

As said the blue connector is power supply. Connect all the wires together and then connect them to ignition switch.

Dark gray square-like connector contains starter wire (yellow) and starter enable gearbox switch.

Flat 2-row connector contains gearbox selector switch outputs for the cluster and rear lights.

It's most likely that you have 2 connectors on your ECU that are totally cut from everything. According to the electrical diagram you must connect there the following things:
    - +12v from battery and main relay
    - ground from intake manifold (brown wire somewhere in the connectors shown on your picture)
    - ACIS valve
    - OX sensor heater terminal
    - selector switch output, otherwise you won't be able to use 2 and L modes.
    - some other misc stuff like warning light and diag pins.

Everything except the +12v wires can be found in the connectors shown, there are wires going from the ECU and the ones from the engine bay. You just trace them carefully and connect together.

Forum Member 1st year Apprentice

Quote Originally Posted by cruiser9380 View Post
    Im currently swapping the same engine into a 2001 is300. Can anyone explain what these plugs are for? I believe the blue plug with the black wires was the one in question above...they all need an igsw signal correct..

Hi, i seem looking for the same infomation with these plugs. Anyone have it pinout diagram? please share... thanks

Forum Member

Hi,
    Sorry to dig up an old thread but does anyone have a copy of the ecu pinout that splatt traced out? Most of the links dont work anymore. I have the same ecu (ECU part number 89661 22800 1JZ- GT AT) and i started tracing bits and pieces but im beginning to struggle. Im kinda just winging it...
    Email to [email protected]

Cheers,
    Shane