Thread: WInton Drift Practice

Junior Member Grease Monkey craigy's Avatar

Default WInton Drift Practice

Hey everyone,

Just wondering if people would be interested in a Winton drift practice day?

I have personally spoken to the winton staff on a few occasions about the concept of a drift practice day and they said they would consider the idea if they could get enough interest.

So lets get the ball rolling, and once we seem to have enough interested parties I will contact Winton Raceway and try and see if they would set a date for 2006.

Winton is located approx' 200ks north of Melbourne, near Benalla and I feel it would be an excellent venue, perfectly suited to drift.

If the day were to go ahead, it would be open to all types of cars (with an emphasis on toyotas of course!) to try and get as many numbers as possible, and to keep costs down.

cheers
    Craigy
    4AGZE powered AE86
    SR5 dual cab Hilux
    265 powered VJ Valiant Charger

Forum Member 1st year Apprentice

Default Re: WInton Drift Practice

id be down for it. winton is a top drift track with lots of high speed entry corners.
    sadly, if i was gonna come a fair few mates with s13's and r32's would prob want to come so there goes the toyota emphasis.

Bring everyone!
    Like I said the more people we get the cheaper it will most likely be and more chance of it happening again!
    4AGZE powered AE86
    SR5 dual cab Hilux

Im up for it. Give more details?

Cheers, James.

Toymods Club Member #274 Backyard Mechanic Rallystanza's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by wokstr_ae86
    id be down for it. winton is a top drift track with lots of high speed entry corners.
    sadly, if i was gonna come a fair few mates with s13's and r32's would prob want to come so there goes the toyota emphasis.
    Dont worry about the other cars, would be great for them to come as we can show them all how great toyota's are!

Im definately down for it Craigy,

Jezza

Party Animal Supreme Too Much Toyota MR 1JZ's Avatar

craigy you should really chuck this up on nissansilvia.com in the victorian section, I was in winton for the last Drift Australia round that was held there and from chatting to a couple of the local VIC sliders they were shitty there wasnt enough variety in practise days for them to attend...

plus winton is a kick ass track...so post it there and see what kind of interest can be gathered
    Project Soarer II - Sold
    Evo 5 - The silver fruitbox
    "I'm the man who has the ball. I'm the man who can throw it faster than f**k. So that is why i am better than everyone in the world. Kiss my ass and suck my dick... everyone."

I shall get on nissansilvia and skylines australia also, and see if i can drum up a bit of interest there too.
    Like I said the more the merrier!

It would be great to even get a few practices days happenning at winton, but even better if we could get a deverse range of cars participating.
    4AGZE powered AE86
    SR5 dual cab Hilux

Bump...
    Any other interested parties??
    4AGZE powered AE86
    SR5 dual cab Hilux

i wrote the Automotive Encyclopaedia roadsailing's Avatar

i'm interested if the cost is remotely similar to calder, any chance of it happening on a weekend?

As far as I know its quite a bit more expensive on weekends and publics hols, I havent called winton about details as yet.

Im sure that we would get a buttload more people on a weekend, so it would offset the extra cost and make it more action packed!

At this stage I just want to rustle up some interest and put a proposal to winton based on that.

I'm also going to have to get my slack ass over to the silvia and skyline forums to try and stir up some interest over there.

It would be great if it could become a regular event, maybe 4 times a year??

So everyone post up ideas and interest and In a couple of weeks I'll give them a tingle and try and get the ball rolling.

Cheers
    Craigy
    4AGZE powered AE86
    SR5 dual cab Hilux

Hey Guys,

On the weekend a friend and myself were at a winton (grip) practice day and got talking to one of the official's about drifting at Winton.

He told me that drift days are now being considered, if we were able to get about 35 people together that they would run a drift dedicated practice day!!

The only available days would be on a Monday or Tuesday, and would run from about 10am-4:30pm with consistant runs.

So tell your friends and send me an email at the following address if you are seriously interested and I will pass the info on to Winton and let everyone know when it may happen.

cheers
    Craigy email: [email protected]
    4AGZE powered AE86
    SR5 dual cab Hilux