Thread: Clutch Problems

Junior Member Grease Monkey

Default Clutch Problems

Now the problem is that sometimes the clutch is fine engages around halfway but most of the time (recently) the clutch has been engaging right on the floor (meaning that to engage gears that the clutch has to be against the floor in the car)
    Now we have checked the master and slave cyl and they seem to be great, the clutch when pressed seem to be getting enough stroke on the clutch fork but it doesn't engage properly. The clutch was fine when we installed the clutch but its now got 2000kms on it and this started to happen. My friend with a FD also has exactly the same problem, he just go a new slave and master and it still does the same thing
    Any help would be great

Junior Member Conversion King Jorrs's Avatar

Default Re: Clutch Problems

mine also does this, but i no it needs a replacement as the pressure plate is worn ! im just used to having to engage it with foot flat on floor..
    What is autosalon? Sounds kinda homo.
    Quote Originally Posted by tooch
    It's extremely homo. Basically a whole lot of sh1t cars, with ugly wheels, and a lot of 16-20 year old rockstars with trendy mullets and gay shirts.
    Slayer Of Toymods Wookie Slayers

Yeah i've got the feeling my brand new pressure plate might have a fault of some kind
    If anyone has ever heard of this can you explain why this would happen to a brand new pressure plate and how can i stop the pressure plate from doing it again

Junior Member Conversion King Jorrs's Avatar

just a poke in the dark.. but the pressure plate and flywheel dont match up properly.. ?
    what clutch and box is it and all
    cheers
    What is autosalon? Sounds kinda homo.
    Quote Originally Posted by tooch
    It's extremely homo. Basically a whole lot of sh1t cars, with ugly wheels, and a lot of 16-20 year old rockstars with trendy mullets and gay shirts.
    Slayer Of Toymods Wookie Slayers

jzx100 fan boy Domestic Engineer slide86's Avatar

1. bleed the clutch again and see if that improves it at all. i know from experience that if there is air in the system then the take up point will be very low, and sometimes even with the pedal down the car will still move fowards.

2. you may have a collapsed pressure plate. several of the fingers may have been damaged and not giving and even clamping force.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Witzl
    Please visit here, they will have all the answers you need for this "conversion" - www.hot4s.com.au

is the bestest Conversion King LeeRoy's Avatar

I know you said your getting enough fork movement but have you checked for any leaks in/on the clutch fluid reservior, where the piston goes in, all lines, and finally the slave cylinder. Friends car had the same problem, turned out to be a leak meaning that when you pushed the clutch in some of the energy would be lost in squirting fluid out.

- LeeRoy
    Daily Driver: Red Ae93 Project: My TA22 - now with 3s-gte
    D is for Disco, E is for Dancing

Yeap checked for leaks, no leaks, changed slave cyl, nothing improved, took off dampering control (little black box with metal lines comng off it (i think thats what it is) nothing changed
    Gotta be a pressure plate problem its the only thing left unchecked