Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Wiring Experts! Seperating looms for engine swaps?

Junior Member Automotive Encyclopaedia

Default Re: Wiring Experts! Seperating looms for engine swaps?

Or you can ditch the uzs 131 loom and use a uzz 30 soarer loom and ecu , one ecu for everything and much much easyer to wire up than the crown one .
    when people go manual with a 1uz i use the crown ecu and loom but when they want auto i change it all over to uzz 30 soarer stuff. much neater and and maybe better fuel maps.
    Dave

JZ Powered Too Much Toyota EldarO's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by jeffro ra28
    Ok well, thanks all for advice!

The loom is now out and on the floor! Now i have the task of arranging all sensors and working out which things i need like cruise control sensors, tranny overdrive and key barr[b]El[/ b] etc.

Then as adviced i will hook up sensors to loom and nut out what equals what!
    im sorry, but this got to me a bit, dont mean any harm by it.

ive done a 7MGTE replacement, and an SR20 replacement, and a 4AGE conversion to what was originally a 4K powered KE70, every time, ive just disconnected the ECU/auto tranny ECU, pulled those plugs through the firewall, and gone and disconnected plugs from the engine side, leaving the wiring still attatched to the engine.

with the engine sitting in the car, ive pulled the ECU etc. plugs back through the firewall, and transferred the parts the engine needs over from the chassis, tot he new one, and just plugged them up.

im guess the 1UZFE is a whole lot more complicated, but you get the general idea, ive also noticed, every plug toyota uses on a single car is a diffferent shape/pattern (excluding plugs for simple sensors like oil pressure, water temp etc.) so its kinda hard to cock up.

that said, ive never worked on the 1UZFE (hope to do so in the future *nudge nudge* ) so none of this could be relevant.

also, my aim, was to switch the entire loom over, and get the engine running, i didnt take any time in removing unneeded wiring.

Eldar.O.

......... Carport Converter jeffro ra28's Avatar

hmmm, im not sure either. But there was a 2" thick cluster of wiring on both sides of the firewall. It is NOT possible to just "pull through" what you need.