Thread: whats the deal with 2jzgte stock BOV?

the Afterbirth Tycoon Automotive Encyclopaedia PlacentaJuan's Avatar

Default whats the deal with 2jzgte stock BOV?

ages ago some knob i knew who had an aristo wanted to blank off the stock BOV to make his 2jz flutter and after ages of fucking around we still could not do it ie you could still hear the valve make the little whooshing noise.

i just figured sucked in for wanting to dose ppl like a fag but for ages now i have had the feeling that something has been leaking boost somewhere on my car.

sometimes i feel like power is missing and the next minute its there again.

so i pulled off the stock BOV and sussed it out, and discovered i could blow thres both the inlet and outlet with no restriction at all.

i connected the sensor line up with a 1-way bleed valve in the hope that trapped boost would hold the thing closed and i noticed a little difference, mainly extra power on the first turbo (to be expected since the BOV is bolted directly to the compressor of the first turbo) but i could still hear the 'whoosh' as i took my foot off the throttle.

when i pulled it off again there was no pressure trapped after the one way valve and i discovered also that the sensor line doesnt hold pressure either, the diaphragm must be stuffed too.

next stepo was to block the BOV completely, i shoved a piece of dowel in a lenght of hose and clamped it too the outlet and sealed off the sensor line:

took it for a drive and i can STILL HEAR NOISES LIKE IT IS OPERATING!!!!!!!

the problem is that ithe bit where the o-ring is protrudes into the compressor outlet and only has 1 bolt hole to attach it so i cant really make up a decent blanking plate, does anyone have any idea what is up with this thing?

Boobs!!! Automotive Encyclopaedia Stefan's Avatar

Default Re: whats the deal with 2jzgte stock BOV?

If it helps, I believe a lot of stock plumback BOVs leak at idle, which would explain why you could blow through it.

PS I hate compressor surge noise, why someone would choose it over the pumback waterfal nosie I do not know :S

but they should not leak when the bov is removed tohugh should it?

if you have equal pressure both sides then it should be the spring that is the only force that closes the valve.

at idle yes it should be open coz u have vacuum.

heres how i blocked it off for the drags:

the bit of wood kept getting spit out by the boost so i had to wrap it with masking tape rather than electrical tape coz the leccy tape slipped on itself helpign the dowel to come out.

i also put the dowel in backwards so the fat end was on the inside and clamped it really tights.

interestingly the car now runs at about 20psi (3-4psi mopre than it normally runs) so the leaky BOV was taking away quite a bit of powers.

and yes i know i left the factory 'hose clamp' there but am too lazy to take it off.

when i get back to adelaide i wtihnk ill fill the whole box with aircraft fuel tank sealant so that i can put it back and make it look factory but it still blocked off.

the other end of the sensor line is in a good spot for my new boost guage also so there is no air running through that line anyway.

Junior Member 1st year Apprentice

there are adaptor plates you can get to install after market bov in that spot if you wanted to go that way also

User Conversion King

so does it make fully sick flutter noises?

does it pick up many chicks?
    hello

Quote Originally Posted by brett_celicacoupe
    so does it make fully sick flutter noises?

does it pick up many chicks?
    it makes the fully sik flutterz and i nearly got heaps of bitches but there was a swede with an airbrushed wrx that ruined my chances at calder.

he had chrome 19s as well so i just gave up and went home

i dont want an adaptor place coz it would look wierd and if the bov is fucked i may as well use it as a blocker by filling it with sealant.

Is a Chief Engine Builder wilbo666's Avatar

If BOV is fooked, cut old BOV up for 'flange' and weld on adapter to 'flange' for new BOV?

Cheers
    Wilbo

yea but i allready have a bigger BOV between the plenum and intercooler so i dont REALLY need this one.

however after thinking about it, i will wait until after i go over the pits before i seal it up so i can block off the aftermarket one

Junior Member Domestic Engineer BigWorm's Avatar

What's with the stupid doubled over & cable tied hose? I reckon it'd be leaking out of that (ie. through diaphragm then out that). Why don't you shove a little bolt in the end, block it up proper?
    You should just find a sweet sized ball to block that hose with, and another to block the vac line, then have it all hooked up looking stock & working, but all backed up with blocking junk inside.

i reckon some 870 will be better i would be scared of a ball or something getting sucked out.

btw with no stock bov and my aftermarket one set a little higher for higher boost i get fuilly sweet flutters now its hectic as

Party Animal Supreme Too Much Toyota MR 1JZ's Avatar

you disconnected your blow off valve???

YOU WILL BLOWZ UR TURB0ZZZZzz!!111juanjuan
    Project Soarer II - Sold
    Evo 5 - The silver fruitbox
    "I'm the man who has the ball. I'm the man who can throw it faster than f**k. So that is why i am better than everyone in the world. Kiss my ass and suck my dick... everyone."

you can replace turbos easy, but you cant be cool without the flutterz, zuuuu-tu-tu-tu-flap-flap!

Junior Member Carport Converter Z2TT's Avatar

Whats next, Dose pipes?