Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Concentrated vs PreMixed Radiator Fluid

Plumber Automotive Encyclopaedia Robbos_Toyotas's Avatar

Default Re: Concentrated vs PreMixed Radiator Fluid

Hi, I use Nulon green coolant in all my vehicles bar the mercedes. It costs $35 for 5 litres, and i mix it accordingly with what motor im using it on. The v8 runs a lot hotter than my
    7Mge, so i use an 75% coolant, 25% water mix on it. But with the 7m...i use a 50/50.
    This nulon green exceeds toyota quality and operational properties, and is truly very good at reducing corrosion, which is important in late model alloy motors.

so yeah, buy a concentrate and mix it yourself....mix it in a bucket or something so you can work out what you are putting in, unless of course you know your exact cooling capacity.

Toymods Pimp Chief Engine Builder Norbie's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Robbos_Toyotas
    This nulon green exceeds toyota quality and operational properties, and is truly very good at reducing corrosion, which is important in late model alloy motors.
    Do you have a source to back this up?

Quote Originally Posted by Norbie
    Do you have a source to back this up?
    the table on the back of the bottle. It matches or Exceeds all manufacturer brand coolants. Last time i found out it was illegal to advertise as a superior product if its inferior.

LOL

Yes you're right, they'd never mislead you in an effort to sell more of their product.

Junior Member Grease Monkey MacroP's Avatar

Just a note to others that use Toyota Long life, as I do or did. I now use the newer Toyota Super Long life available for quite a while now which is a pre-mix in 5 Litres containers and is more pink in colour from the bottle. It costs around $25 for the 5 litres and is also rated at 80K kms instead of 40K kms which the normal Long life is rated at. 2 Bottles covers most cars so thats $50 every 3-5years, bargain. Recommend a heated flush before changing using distilled/demin water.
    MX83 1UZ Conversion. UZZ31 engine, UCF10 Sump, UZS131 Tranny and engine fan idler. Custom exhaust and 147rwKWs.

Quote Originally Posted by Norbie
    LOL

Yes you're right, they'd never mislead you in an effort to sell more of their product.
    false advertising was Illegal last time i checked.

back into it Chief Engine Builder

Hahahah maybe not, how many "world best hamburgers, Pies, pizza, fish and chip and chicken shops can there be? lol travel from sydney to anywere and there will more worlds best shops than you can poke a stick at!
    Or how about Shells ad "The only fuel V8 supercars use" Well as shell supplies the fuel for free and the cars are not allowed to use anything else. Yes they are right but its false advertising by implying that the cars use it because it the best fuel!
    They all do it and there is a lot of false advertising because they dont get in much trouble for it.
    Its all a big game, that gets on my goat big time, can you tell!hahahaaha

I think the point here is that you can't expect a completely objective, unbiased statement of fact from the manufacturer of the product. Ask McDonalds who makes the best hamburgers and what do you suppose the answer will be?

Now let's see an independent, scientifically sound review of a broad range of coolant products, then we can decide which is better. Oh and guess what, Zoom did exactly that a few years ago - and Toyota Red was one of the top performers. I can't remember how Nulon rated but I do remember most of the aftermarket stuff was utter crap compared to the OEM stuff.