Thread: Plating the ABV

working hard Backyard Mechanic

Default Plating the ABV

Hey guys i am wanting to take this abv off and just needing to now what to do with the vaccum hose that connects to the side of the abv. Does the vac hose need to be blocked off or do i run it to the fuel reg line.

Ive read how to do it and understand but since i have an aftermarket ecu all the sensors are missing i dont know which is the blue VSV vaccum hose or the brown VSV vaccum hose i dont wanna play around with these vac hoses ... just take the abv off
    Last edited by reecegze; 02-08-2006 at 11:05 PM.

broken down ex guru Chief Engine Builder feral4mr2's Avatar

Default Re: Plating the ABV

put a cap on the nipple that comes from the section below the TB, where the ABV vsv originaly gets it's vacum from.

the brown fuel reg vsv vacum line is the one that comes directly from the inlet manifold. the blue ABV vsv is the vacum line from the section under the TB.

Junior Member Domestic Engineer mic*'s Avatar

Why are you plating off the ABV may i ask?

Try capping the nipple as suggested, and driving the car like this for a while. Its the same effect coz the ABV wont open, ever. You need some bypass for acceptable efficiency if this car is supercharged.
    meh...

broken down ex guru Chief Engine Builder feral4mr2's Avatar

actualy IMO removeing alltogther is my preference, then make a plate to bolt where it used to go and block off the pipe from the s/c outlet pipe. makes it easier to get to the s/c oil dipstick too. but if you want your engine to keep the 'stock' look then a plate between the ABV and where it bolts to under the TB is the go. you could even leave the vsv and vacum lines like original.

mic, having the ABV removed or blocked off has no ill effect what so ever on the 4agze's performance or efiency.