Thread: What engine oil for an 18rc? want to get my ra23 back on the road after 2 years

Junior Member Grease Monkey shockadelica's Avatar

Question What engine oil for an 18rc? want to get my ra23 back on the road after 2 years

I haven't driven or started her up in a couple of years and really want to get her back on the road. i was hoping to get her running today...just dont know what oil i was or should use

Junior Member Grease Monkey shockadelica's Avatar

Default Re: What engine oil for an 18rc? want to get my ra23 back on the road after 2 years

should 10w 40 be ok?

TA22 Junkie Backyard Mechanic Silly Rabbit's Avatar

Default Re: What engine oil for an 18rc? want to get my ra23 back on the road after 2 years

Probably go for something like a Penrite HPR 30 or HPR15 which is a semi synthetic.....make sure you squirt a bit of oil or aerostart down the spark plug holes to lubricate the bores if you haven't fired it already........then crank then engine but don't fire it until the oil pressure light goes out...then she should be good to go
    “From the five years, 1968-73, if you were an F1 driver at that time, there was a very likely chance that you would have died.”
    - Jackie Stewart
    (now that's my type of racing )

Junior Member Carport Converter RA35GT's Avatar

I think hpr15 is too thin. i use hpr40 in my rg. i tried hpr30 but didnt like the warm oil pressure. (just an old engine though)