Thread: V Series Info - Pics and Measurements

Car Butcher Carport Converter WDE_BDY's Avatar

Default V Series Info - Pics and Measurements

Since a few people are interested in these motors I figured I might as well start a thread with some tech info, photos and measurements. I will add stuff as I get it compiled.
    Pics to start with, interestingly the heads appear identical so could be swapped left to right.

Default Re: V Series Info - Pics and Measurements

Factory inlet manifold only appears to have had very minor mods to fit the Holley carb, however previous owner said there is internal porting work so I will pull it off and have a look once I have some room in the shed. Will also post here other photos of V motors that I have collected and more detailed dimensions.
    This engine could politely be referred to as a "wide bitch", I will try to get some more detailed measurements to help out anyone planning on a V series engine. According to Sheepers though the fucker is wider than a 1UZ in the critical exhaust manifold area.

Callum

Olde mechanic Carport Converter oldeskewltoy's Avatar

.........hoping to find out some of the specs... also details of strengths and possible weaknesses
    Information is POWER... learn the facts!!

Junior Member 1st year Apprentice spencer's Avatar

Cheers dude I will add to this when my 2 5v's show up at the end of the month.

I dissagree about the exhaust area, in your head width measurement you show under 600mm, similar measurements I did on a 1uz were ~ 620mm in this reigon. But will see when its in the crown engine bay

Im also still keen to swap sumps,

Yeah, Sheepers measured it up on the back of my ute after I picked it up and then text me the next day to say it was wider than the 1UZ. He should be able to clarify where and why he measured. Do you know when yours are showing up? Will be in Hams next weekend but tend to be around that way a bit anyway.

Callum

21st of july they're on the boat at the moment, Hey is it running an adapter plate for the gearbox? Also is the gearbox pattern for a A42 etc (4 bolts square pattern) or for a A340?

Have adaptor plate, pretty sure its square pattern so probably A42 box. Will maybe do some cardboard templates and drop off to you or something? Let me know what might be useful.

Callum

Cheers i already have borrowed a bellhousing from the local hotrod shop 'Rocket', good bunch of guys there putting a 4v into a rod at some stage. I've made up the flanges in autocad and the guys at rocket will make me a bell for not much $ I'll put the files up here in the near future. Im planning on going auto in the crown as its a cruiser, going to run a A340 with a mx73 auto control ECU at this stage. Will see how it goes, not so keen on putting a A42 behind it

Still after a carb manifold if you see one dude, will swap injection manifold/cash

Quote Originally Posted by spencer

Still after a carb manifold if you see one dude, will swap injection manifold/cash

ahhhhhhhhh... not ITB's???

TWM makes custom manifolds! http://www.twminduction.com/Throttle...ations-FR.html

bit pricey... but it would look real cool

I am contemplating 2 sets of 20V quads (pretty cheap here in NZ) but the cost comes from the computer to run it and the tuning. Will have to check the budget once the penelbeating gets done.

Callum

Anything new on these specifications???? Overall dimesions? Width? Height? Length?

I'm trying to figure out if these might be "fitted" into a Volvo P1800 without cutting the chassis........

I haven't done any more with the motor as no sump as of yet and absolutely flat out at work. Once I get it swung into the engine bay I will get some more detailed info to post, but from what I measured roughly -
    across rocker covers - just over 600mm
    Height with Holley carb - around 750mm
    length bellhousing to pulley - around 730mm

Callum