Page 1 of 12 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Classic Japan Car Show - November 20th 2011 - Yarra Bend Park, Fairfield Victoria

I am crap as a Conversion King SilverRA23's Avatar

Default Classic Japan Car Show - November 20th 2011 - Yarra Bend Park, Fairfield Victoria

Hi all

The Toyota Car Club of Australia (Victoria) is proud to announce the first annual Classic Japan Car Show in Melbourne.

To be held on November 20th 2011, it will be a gathering of enthusiasts of all classic Japanese marques.

Our venue will be Yarra Bend Park, Fairfield, Victoria and the show will be open to entrants from 8am to 9am, and then members of the public from 9am-1pm. Enter the venue via Yarra Bend Park Rd from Heidelberg Rd, and watch out for the speed humps.

Entry will be via a gold coin donation with proceeds going to Beyond Blue.

We are limited to 80 cars on display this year, so we are looking for a really good cross section of original and modified Japanese classics, 25 years and older.

There will be a sausage sizzle on the day and a coffee van for those looking for a caffeine hit.

We are hoping that this becomes an annual event and grows to be a real celebration of our favourite cars. Its a grass venue so it can be a relaxed family affair if you are so inclined.

If you have any questions, please ask away, other wise we look forward to seeing you on the day.

Thanks go to Parks Victoria for their support of the event.

Picture of the location:

Link to Google Maps for the location:

Deep Rock Picnic Area - Google Maps

Please represent car enthusiasts in the best manner possible by refraining from all anti-social "hoon" behaviour both in the venue and in the area around it.

Last edited by SilverRA23; 28-09-2011 at 10:11 AM.
    Now - RA23-WRX
    Gone-KE10-KE15-KE35-TA22-AE71-Charade-AE82-MS47-KE15-AE95-MX32
    Need club rego or a CAMS licence in VIC? Join TCCAV www.tccav.org.au

Forum Member

Default Re: Classic Japan Car Show - November 20th 2011 - Yarra Bend Park, Fairfield Victoria

I think this is going to be more popular than we predicted! Can't wait

Junior Member Carport Converter Roscos's Avatar

Default Re: Classic Japan Car Show - November 20th 2011 - Yarra Bend Park, Fairfield Victoria

Only 80 cars?????

Not alot.... You could end up with over 200 cars.

Roscos

Junior Member Conversion King timbosaurus's Avatar

Yeah, not sure if I'd wanna waste one of those 80 spots with my Celica. But if I'm around I'd love to come out.
    Current rides...
    2) White RA25ST
    1) Red RA28LT (NOW WITH 1G )

Forum Member Grease Monkey

I would like to take my crown

Beer anyone?? Domestic Engineer Just1n_mc's Avatar

Sounds good.

I'm definately in!
    1970 2M MS55 Crown - Weekend Cruiser.
    1970 2R RT40 Corona - Cruising Grandpa Style
    1986 20V 4AGE AE82 Corolla - The Brown Racecar.
    1988 4AGE AW11 MR2 - Sold but not forgotten
    1992 1MZFE SW20 MR2 - Sold Supercharged V6 Monster.

Junior Member Domestic Engineer dfunkt's Avatar

how big's the carpark??

with only 80 official spots, i have a feeling the carpark will become a second show area by default.
    Owner of the Big Red Whale

Quote Originally Posted by Stomps
    "i cant eat this because its too spicy" "i cant eat that because it has green stuff in it" "i cant eat that because its chilli soup with Blair's Ultra Death Sauce in it"... winge winge winge...

TA22 Junkie Backyard Mechanic Silly Rabbit's Avatar

Nice work on getting it off the ground
    Last edited by Silly Rabbit; 28-09-2011 at 12:04 PM.
    “From the five years, 1968-73, if you were an F1 driver at that time, there was a very likely chance that you would have died.”
    - Jackie Stewart
    (now that's my type of racing )

Yep 80 cars isn't ideal, but finding a venue suitable and willing to take us has been a massive challenge, and it was either have a "small" event this year to kick start things, or have none at all. We preferred small over none.

It just means that some cars which are a bit shabby will be politely asked to park in the car park this year, and we can't have a separate section for moderns as we had hoped.

The public car park outside is alleged to hold a further 175 cars, so I am sure there will be plenty of space for over flow, and there is plenty more parking just down the hill.

We have to respect the other park users and not take over the place, but we will do our best with the limitations put on us.
    Now - RA23-WRX

Forum Member 1st year Apprentice

60 cars at donuts
    80 cars at show with other clubs invited ?
    I think a pre entry form is required for this
    just a thought

I Hate Being A Carport Converter Clown's Avatar

Datto boys would be all over this too!
    GZE AW11, M40b18 e30, 1J cressida

Junior Member Conversion King timbosaurus's Avatar

I guess it is limited by having to be jap, and old. half the cars at donuts probably wouldn't fit into that category. And nearly the other half (mine included) aren't exactly concourse, lol.
    Current rides...
    2) White RA25ST
    1) Red RA28LT (NOW WITH 1G )

its been advertised on ozdat and viczcars

ozdat people were planning on a cruise that day but there has been good interest still, so fingers crossed we will get a few nice cars

i will be circulating the flyer to ndsoc which will probably shake out a few nice dirty nissans
    Now - RA23-WRX

Junior Member Carport Converter Roscos's Avatar

Is it going to be a show n shine, concourse or just a wank job because if you are going to judge the cars before you come in or not, whats the point in coming and surporting the club.

Roscos

Its a show n shine.. no trophies... no concourse... just well presented cars on display. Wank jobs will have to be next year when we have a bigger venue and we can put up a discrete tent for you Roscos

At the largest donuts in Preston, we had 40 cars (42 if the supra's were the right year) that would have been perfectly at home on the grass at Yarra Bend Park.

The only car I would have asked park in the car park was the KE70 that has white panels on the front, a yellow plenum cover, and blue panels from the windscreen back. If that is "judging" so shoot me.

To the club members with the "constructive criticism" of the venue, I am looking forward to your input next year when you join the organising group and deliver us a larger venue.
    Now - RA23-WRX