Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: brd racing 2tc 3tc?

Forum Member 1st year Apprentice

Default brd racing 2tc 3tc?

hey all
    im ash im new to the forum been searching poasts for a fiew months tho. Im the proud owner of a 73 ta22 i brought about 6 weeks ago clean car stripped it for paint no rust anywhere but blown head gasket (u get that) Ive been thiking of a 3sge beams conversion but decided for the moment as funds are tight i cant be botherd with eginereing cert. after alot of searching 2t-3t hybreds and the such i sumbled across this place brd raceing 2tc3tc specialests. dont mind spending 3-4 grand on agood hastle free swap wich will make descint power not huge power but ok if anyone has had any delings with this company that would be great as cant find to much any healp would much apreaciated
    ash
    ps spell check isnt woking

Junior Member Too Much Toyota

Default Re: brd racing 2tc 3tc?

North Carolina is a long way to freight a built engine from?
    ------------------------------
    ST185 road barge / MZ11 forest barge / RA65 garage barge

Junior Member Backyard Mechanic

PM "sheldrake" on these forums. i know he has a 2T/3T motor, complete with webbers, T50 gearbox, etc, sitting in a shed doing nothing. it made a solid 86kw at the wheels. motor was pulled out of a TA22 celica. might be a better option than dealing with a company from overseas... although the dollar is good at the moment!
    SHEPPO..

Senior ****** Carport Converter Sam_Q's Avatar

why not fit a 20V instead? for the same money you will leave the T engine behind, or atleast I think so

Junior Member Backyard Mechanic

He's a proud owner of a rust free TA22 Sam ! Doesn't seem right putting a late model EFI motor in a car when you can make just as much grunt with a well built T motor and keep it period specific. Will cost similar money, and in 10 years the 20V powered TA22 will be worth less money than a neat period built car. Sheppo's mate sounds the goods to me.

Why am i always a.. Domestic Engineer RAAAH23's Avatar

beerhead why not go for a 2TG its period and certainly more sort after than a 2T or 3T in the bay. For 3 to 4 grand you can have a nice healthy stroked twin cam 2TG which will push out the same amount of power with the awesome sound of twin carbs
    Cheers, Alex

- 1976 TA23 2T-GTE GT3076 ID1000cc E85 Haltech PS1000, W58, G Series Diff, B45 Simmons

Senior ****** Carport Converter Sam_Q's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by beerhead View Post
    He's a proud owner of a rust free TA22 Sam ! Doesn't seem right putting a late model EFI motor in a car when you can make just as much grunt with a well built T motor and keep it period specific. Will cost similar money, and in 10 years the 20V powered TA22 will be worth less money than a neat period built car. Sheppo's mate sounds the goods to me.
    I guess I am biased because I just go with what seems to be the most functional instead of the cosey keep it original feeling. I guess it's all about what your priorities are.

cheerz for the replies ppl
    the 2t/3t in sheldrakes shed mite be a good idea the main prob for me is that the engine bulders that i know dont know much about theas motors wich lead me to think about retro fits but that means the engineerig(pain in th ass) dose anyone know of anyone knowe of a good builder in vic who knows theas motors well? another thing is that im inpationt to gt the motor descided on so i can get the engine bay blasted n pained dont want to hav to do it twice mmmmmm flat black with metalic red engie bay mmmmmm but people call me savage btw has anyon on hear seen a flat blck ta22 locked all over for a pick but cant find one

thanks for all the healp people keep it coming
    ash

Junior Member Too Much Toyota

Quote Originally Posted by 13 ashes View Post
    the main prob for me is that the engine bulders that i know dont know much about theas motors
    2 options:
    - find an engine builder(s) that know about Toyota motors - someone-else's ignorance shouldn't be a reason for you to waste cash on an imported motor
    - read the many 2T/3T GE and Hybrid threads on here about re-building motors. This isn't rocket science and with the right research, tools and friends, you should be able to build your own motor without much hassle.

Quote Originally Posted by 13 ashes View Post
    btw has anyon on hear seen a flat blck ta22 locked all over for a pick but cant find one
    Good luck with that - TA22's don't last at all at wreckers and if they've ended up there, the car will be utterly fucked. They're way too rare to sit in wrecking yards waiting for enthusiasts. Try eBay and the classified sections of here or Ozcelica or similar forums.

Btw, some spelling and punctuation in your posts would also be helpful. SMS-speak is for mobile phones and Myspace.
    ------------------------------
    ST185 road barge / MZ11 forest barge / RA65 garage barge

hey thanks for that.locked at a lot of the hybrid therads just dont want to run the risk of buggering it up my self. for some reason my spell check dosent ever work and the laptop i us is stuffed and my owne spelling and grammar s crappyto say the least.sms speak is just my lazey habit not a good one i agree.the lure of this company is that idont have to scorce individual parts my self and just buy a crate motor but back to the reasherch i guess
    thanks

blah blah celica blah Grease Monkey lt1972's Avatar

freshly built 2tgeu interest you at all? basically would be supplied as a plug and play item. Just finished rebuilding my 22 and sold it, but swapped the motor out for a 2t as required for the new owner.
    having problems with my photo host site, will post them up as soon as i can.
    P.S. there is another modder interested in this so if its good, first in best dressed.
    "nineteenseventytwoteeayetwentytwo"
    ..... bye bye baby bye bye .....

nice how much are you after for it mate? also stock rebuild or played with any info much apreciated

Junior Member Too Much Toyota oldcorollas's Avatar

locked = looked?
    "I'm a Teaspoon, not a mechanic"
    "There is hardly anything in the world that a man can not make a little worse and sell a little cheaper" - John Ruskin (1819 - 1900)

AU$TRALIA... come and stay and PAY and PAY!!! The moral high horse of the world!

blah blah celica blah Grease Monkey lt1972's Avatar

Setup running 1.8 jd camira jetronic computer and injectors. this ecu doesnt require injector resistor like 2tg jetronic ecu, and being a holden camira ecu you can pick up parts easy. also if you wanted to upgrade ecu there is kalmaker plug in available on the market.

Setup has all above items included:

Drop in pickup feeder pump - no need for surge tank (includes fuel sender - and bolts straight into ta22 tank)
    VL turbo efi fuel pump
    brand new exedy sports clutch
    NGK 2tgeu leads
    Custom wiring loom
    ECU
    Airflow meter fitted with high flow pod filter
    Uses your existing engine mounts, alternator, and dizzy.

Price excluding freight $2500.00 O.N.O
    "nineteenseventytwoteeayetwentytwo"
    ..... bye bye baby bye bye .....

hey cheerz lt 1972.
    would be nice very nice but unfortunately im having trouble selling my mtorbike so dont want to bugger you around guessing it will go fast but cheerz ash