Thread: 1JZ vvti gte to JZA80 help!

Forum Member 1st year Apprentice

Smile 1JZ vvti gte to JZA80 help!

Hi,
    Im currently doing a conversion JZX100 1JZ Vvti manual to My JZA80 chasis. From the engine looms, there was 4 sockets will goes direct to the ECU, and another 4 sockets will suppose attach to the lower corner left of jzx100 dashboard. Which i need now is, the infomation of pinout where the other 4 sockets to the dash.. Picture of the other 4 sockets wich show below..:

Pls Help..

--Jimmy

Junior Member Domestic Engineer

Default Re: 1JZ vvti gte to JZA80 help!

there should be some spots to plug them into the jza80 passenger side kick panel...

if they dont fit your in for a world of fun... there is a wiring pinout thread for all makes and models on here somewhere... have a search and you might find something of use

Quote Originally Posted by midnight_purple_GA70 View Post
    there should be some spots to plug them into the jza80 passenger side kick panel...

if they dont fit your in for a world of fun... there is a wiring pinout thread for all makes and models on here somewhere... have a search and you might find something of use
    Midnight_purple_ga70: I have search most of the possible pinout from here, but most of it only for ecu pinout.. Eemm.. My work force to hang up 1st.. Anyway, thanks boss..

C2H5OH Powered Automotive Encyclopaedia George's Avatar

I've traced and connected everything having only ECU and gearbox wiring diagrams. Mine is 1998 model (without ECTS). You will not need all of the wires to get the engine running and dashboard showing everything. I would describe how to hook everything up having only the right ECU wiring diagram, if you'd like.

btw, 2 of 4 of your ECU sockets are most likely disconnected from everything, e.g. just sockets with pieces of wires, aren't they?
    USSR GAZ24 with 1UZ-FE VVTi (UCV24) http://www.toymods.org.au/forums/showthread.php?t=60301
    Engine conversion is when you drive a shitbox which costs a whole LEXUS to own

Quote Originally Posted by George View Post
    I've traced and connected everything having only ECU and gearbox wiring diagrams. Mine is 1998 model (without ECTS). You will not need all of the wires to get the engine running and dashboard showing everything. I would describe how to hook everything up having only the right ECU wiring diagram, if you'd like.

btw, 2 of 4 of your ECU sockets are most likely disconnected from everything, e.g. just sockets with pieces of wires, aren't they?
    Hi, would happy that u can share some info that i may need. pls sent me more details on how to hook up the wiring.. im hanging half way now..

im now trying some wiring by those diagrams i found on this site. But i still missing some part, as RPM, Speedometer not function, Engine idling very low, power steering turning hard... bad... im stuck now...

Anyone can help me?!

here some pics of my ride hanging now...

Last edited by jameschia2722; 21-09-2010 at 11:38 PM.

C2H5OH Powered Automotive Encyclopaedia George's Avatar

RPM. The signal is taken from your igniter, green wire. At the igniter 10-pin connector this is the pin number eight, counted left to right when looking at the wiring connector with its lock facing upwards.

Power steering is not electrical issue

You will have to work much with the speedometer. Its signal is not normally output from the engine ECU but from the ABS block instead. There is some workaround but I'll advice to use gps and focus on your engine for the moment.

I will advice to check for the error codes first of all. The underhood diag connector will most likely not help for some of its pins are still to be connected at the moment. Basicaly you need two pins of your ECU: W and TC. Find them on your schematic. Hook a 3Wt lamp from W to +12V (ignition), and for reading errors connect TC to ground. They are output in 2-digit decimal format, that is for 23 the lamp flashes twice quickly, then small pause, then 3 quick flaches, then larger pause, then the next code. The process repeats infinitely while TC pin is grounded.
    USSR GAZ24 with 1UZ-FE VVTi (UCV24) http://www.toymods.org.au/forums/showthread.php?t=60301
    Engine conversion is when you drive a shitbox which costs a whole LEXUS to own

Custom ****** 1st year Apprentice

The Supra's speedo gets its input from the speed sensor in the gearbox then it goes to the odometer where it comes out to go to the back of the instrument cluster/speedo and it also comes out odo via another wire that goes to the ecu.

Not having a working speed affects the power steering, cruise control etc.

Also the power steering can be an electrical issue. Check all the pins on the steering rack are connected and terminated properly.
    JZA80 Supra Aerotop undergoing 3UZFE VVTi + Twin Turbos / Getrag 6 Speed conversion

george; cyberdiamond : Thank you and very appreciate for the infomations.

I have paid for expetise to fix it for my problems.
    -The RPM not working is was the output signal pulse different from 2j N/A with 1jz vvti (2j n/a using share coil and 1jvvti using direct coil plug) . He do some mod at the speedometer but i cant see how it done because he glue up the part he mod.
    -For the speed reading, it because the sensor socket attach at the gearbox need to do some cleaning. Its simple..
    -the power steering status, I dint plug back the socket where need to cut out the previous 2j engine wiring and extend new wire from engine bay to the dash inside and hook back with the 1jz harness.

Now engine run well. Thanks for all the info given by this forum and all the kind forumers reply msg post he...