Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: ***August Social Event: Turbosmart Factory Tour: Friday 18th August***

Junior Member Conversion King TheStitt's Avatar

Default Re: ***August Social Event: Turbosmart Factory Tour: Friday 18th August***

I will be there

What are the plans for afterwards??? Dinner?? anyone keen for a laserzone game???
    ST177 UZS131 Crown Royal 'G' the pimping limo like daily 1UZFE 144rwkw

DST17T MS53 68 Crown Custom Wagon 7MGTE 266rwkw

Teh Massif Dong Carport Converter BlackSupra's Avatar

Default Re: ***August Social Event: Turbosmart Factory Tour: Friday 18th August***

Im out.

Sick as a dog in bed, so i wont be attending.

Junior Member Conversion King whatthe?'s Avatar

Since I'm home early and there's a few spots left, I might come along as well

can someone PM me the "further details" please (address most importantly)

EDIT - Thanks to teh sick Dong, i have the details required. See you all there!
    Last edited by whatthe?; 18-08-2006 at 03:40 PM.
    Project megap00 - Gave up and sold up. Money tree died

Junior Member Conversion King TheStitt's Avatar

Well that was a great tour, very informative and interesting. It was great to see how the stuff we buy works, see it manufactured and to hear about the great standards that the turbo smart guys keep.

The guys conducting the tour ( I didn't catch their names) knew their product and process backwards and where very forth coming with answers to the many questions we asked.

Hospitality was also fantastic as they treated us to a pepsi and some chocolates. They also gave a showbag to each person as well as some booby prizes 2 oil caps and a one blow off valve.

There will be plenty of photos up when we get cd from the turbo smart guys.

Afterward we just cruised and had a quick feed and as usaual a long chat.

So all in all a great night, thanks to the dong for organising it and to the turbosmart guys for having us.
    ST177 UZS131 Crown Royal 'G' the pimping limo like daily 1UZFE 144rwkw

DST17T MS53 68 Crown Custom Wagon 7MGTE 266rwkw

Former User Conversion King Joshstix's Avatar

Yep it was a really informative tour. You can really see where the money goes in their products.

I really enjoyed it, especially the admission that if they went for the ricer market making blow off valves that specifically sounded cool, they be able to sell a lot more but they're not interested. The quality of the machining and cleanliness of the assembly area were very impressive.

Plus the guys were very friendly and open to answerring any questions.

I make people cry Chief Engine Builder Draven's Avatar

and no-one grabbed me a 48mm wastegate or plumb-back bov.
    ****s, allayaz
    http://www.toymods.org.au/forums/showthread.php?t=7465
    Quote Originally Posted by xero View Post
    and of course campbell newman's completely fucking everything he touches so badly that he should be called dick fingers.

Junior Member Backyard Mechanic STR8 2.8's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Draven
    and no-one grabbed me a 48mm wastegate or plumb-back bov.
    ****s, allayaz
    man i said to one dude (sorry i dont remember your name) i should have worn bigger pockets. they had some of the new design ex gates in the assembly area lying around, like 20 of them. but they may have been incomplete. oh well.
    anyone have an email addy or something, id like to send a message of thanks to those guys....
    I have a Crown