Thread: 1995 Toyota Corolla Hatch - One Owner - disguised as Holden Nova

Junior Member Backyard Mechanic

Default 1995 Toyota Corolla Hatch - One Owner - disguised as Holden Nova

I am planning to sell my mother's Holden Nova LF SLX Hatch which is a rebadged Toyota Corolla.

We purchased it new in January 1995 although the compliance plate shows a build date of 1994. It cost $24,000 on the road when we purchased it. It is NSW registered to January next year. Colour is white.

It is a 4-speed auto with the twin-camshaft fuel injected 4AGE engine. Toyota designed this engine for improved fuel economy. It has travelled 160,000km and is in top condition. It drives really well. Turning circle is ultra-tight and it's quite quick off the mark. My wife wants me to sell it because we have a few other cars.

We chose the car because it was the only 4-speed auto available at the time and the boot would hold a full set of golf clubs & buggy.

This model can have rust around the front & rear windows and we had the windows removed and the rust repaired. Both front & rear windows were replaced along with the window rubbers. The alternator was replaced a year or two ago and two new rear tyres fitted this year. Camshaft belt, seals & water pump have been replaced. My daughter found a job in Wangaratta about three or four years ago and took the car down with her luggage. Before that I replaced the drive shafts, discs and drums and brake pads. I drove it back and it returned about 6 l/100km at highway speeds.

Upholstery and interior is perfect. With a cut-back and polish it could be entered in the club concours.

Selling price is a firm $6000.

Toymods Board Member Chief Engine Builder Hiro's Avatar

Default Re: 1995 Toyota Corolla Hatch - One Owner - disguised as Holden Nova

Quote Originally Posted by petergoudie View Post
    I am planning to sell my mother's Holden Nova LF SLX Hatch which is a rebadged Toyota Corolla.

We purchased it new in January 1995 although the compliance plate shows a build date of 1994. It cost $24,000 on the road when we purchased it. It is NSW registered to January next year. Colour is white.

It is a 4-speed auto with the twin-camshaft fuel injected 4AGE engine.
    No Nova had the 4AGE - being an SLX LF it will be the first-gen 4AFE
    AE102 - Charlene the Old Faithful, Reborn
    JZZ30 - Lexi the Spacecruiser, 1JZGTE>>3SGE. 200rwkw, hunting Skylines and n00bs in SS Commodores
    ST162 - Charlie the non-ghey Celica, 3SGE>>4AGE. GOOOOOOOONE
    AE82 - Rosie the Bitsa from Hell, 70.8kw atw. Has been converted into garage space and money at last
    KE55 - Billie the Beast, sadly missed

Junior Member Backyard Mechanic

Quote Originally Posted by Hiro View Post
    No Nova had the 4AGE - being an SLX LF it will be the first-gen 4AFE
    Yes. My error. I did say it was fuel-injected which is the 4AFE.

Toymods Board Member Chief Engine Builder Hiro's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by petergoudie View Post
    Yes. My error. I did say it was fuel-injected which is the 4AFE.
    The 4AGE is fuel-injected too...as was every Corolla/Nova by the end of this generation.

Sent from my SM-G970F using Tapatalk
    AE102 - Charlene the Old Faithful, Reborn
    JZZ30 - Lexi the Spacecruiser, 1JZGTE>>3SGE. 200rwkw, hunting Skylines and n00bs in SS Commodores
    ST162 - Charlie the non-ghey Celica, 3SGE>>4AGE. GOOOOOOOONE
    AE82 - Rosie the Bitsa from Hell, 70.8kw atw. Has been converted into garage space and money at last
    KE55 - Billie the Beast, sadly missed