Thread: RT81 Corona Parts wanted! accelerator assembly linkages / side mirror & more!

Forum Member

Default RT81 Corona Parts wanted! accelerator assembly linkages / side mirror & more!

Picked up a sad RT81 virus with a worn out 12r earlier this year, throttle assembly and other bits missing/broken from the car.

If you have spare accelerator assembly linkages / side mirror/ carby / original wheels / Fuel & temp gauge or any other factory parts please let me know! Would consider taking the whole engine if in good shape.

Any leads or information to whereabouts of these parts welcome, would be happy to pay postage for parts. Located - Victoria

Help me save it!

Forum Member Grease Monkey

Default Re: RT81 Corona Parts wanted! accelerator assembly linkages / side mirror & more!

i dont know if this will help, Ive an 18r carb, linkages, air filter whole engine, from an old hilux. Some of the bits might work, I know the carb looks very simlar. An 18r could possibly be a straight bolt in engine, as im pretty sure they have the same block and there is a lot more of them around.
    Anyways if your near by Im in VIC 3636 north of Shepparton

Forum Member

Default Re: RT81 Corona Parts wanted! accelerator assembly linkages / side mirror & more!

Ooo the carby and linkages could work! I can flick you a photo of the schematics of the linkages to compare whenever you get a chance if you'd like - i'm in Upwey in Melbourne so chairman dan might not let me get up there for couple of weeks - thanks heaps!

Forum Member Grease Monkey

Have a look at this an see if it looks like the same thing, there is a braket on the fire wall that rotates a rod that conects to the carb. Acording to wikipedia the rt81 also came out of the factory with a 18r engine which is the 2liter OHC and are a bit like a belly button.... everyone has one,
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Toyota_Corona

Normally Aspirated Domestic Engineer RT104GT's Avatar

there is an rt81 sitting in a paddock at Marnoo Victoria on rupanyup road
    1968 RT40S Corona 1600S series II (restore in progress)
    1973 RT104-MQFG 012604 Corona GT JDM (Owned since 1976 242000 km)
    1989 ST185-BLMVZ-0007199 Celica GT4 JDM (unmolested classic 95000 km)
    2012 ZN-6 86GT (shed find 5000 km in 6 years)