Thread: (SOLD) 1998 Toyota Caldina GT-T auto

Junior Member Backyard Mechanic bobjane's Avatar

Default (SOLD) 1998 Toyota Caldina GT-T auto

1998 Toyota ST215W Caldina GT-T station wagon

191kW turbocharged 3S-GTE engine, 0-100 in 6.5 seconds
    Automatic tiptronic transmission
    All wheel drive

113181km on the clock, still being driven occasionally.
    Rego until April 2021.

Gumtree ad with photos:
    https://www.gumtree.com.au/s-ad/carl...gon/1254341870

I imported this car in 2009 through Prestige Motorsport with 92263 genuine kilometers on the clock. I have been the only owner in Australia.
    The car comes with Japanese service log books and full service history/receipts for my ownership from 2009 to present.

Always serviced with Mobil 1 fully synthetic oil and Purolator ONE oil filters.
    95337km - 100k service done with timing belts and spark plugs replaced.
    103022km - front brake rotors and pads replaced, brake fluid replaced, fuel filter replaced.
    104372km - transmission oil, transfer case oil, rear differential oil, power steering fluid, coolant replaced.
    107398km - original plastic radiator (prone to cracking with age) replaced preemptively with a Fenix aluminium radiator.

This car has been garaged during all my ownership and meticulously maintained in a preventative manner. Panels and paint (haven't had a chance to wash it for the photos due to all the rain) are in excellent condition and the interior is near mint with no creaks and rattles (excuse the lint on the driver's seat).

This is an extremely reliable car, it has only had 1 issue from 2009 till now. The alternator pulley bolt fell off in 2018, resulting in a bent alternator pulley shaft and a dead battery. I bought a second alternator, had both of them reconditioned and also replaced the battery.

For the asking price of $6000 the car will be sold with stock 15" wheels that look like this:
    https://imgur.com/a/clFzmmd
    (photo not of my car)
    The tyres on these stock wheels only have 700km on them but do date back to 2009.
    The wheels currently on the car are Rays Volk Racing TE37 forged wheels 17x8 +38 offset which are an exact fit for the car. Asking price for the car including these wheels is $7000.

The car has custom springs from Jim Hunters Suspension, replacing the sagged springs it came with.

Other than the wheels and springs the car is mechanically unmodified.

Other additions:
    - Front windows tinted 35%. Highest quality tint that hasn't degraded since 2009. Rear windows and hatch have factory privacy glass.
    - Australian Kenwood DPX-MP6110U head unit, Focal Infinity Reference 6020CS component speakers in the front, Dynamat sound deadening in front doors, Mongoose M80G alarm. All installed by FHRX Studios, one of the best auto installers in the business.
    - Alpine PWE-S8 8" subwoofer, installed properly by myself.
    - Endless MX72 brake pads on the front. These are an excellent performance pad for street use.
    - Genuine TRD front grille.
    - New battery installed in 2018.

Spare parts included:
    - Spare alternator, freshly reconditioned.
    - Original front grille.
    - Driven Performance NZ fibreglass front grille, unused.
    - 2 or 3 Purolator ONE oil filters.
    - 1 Purolator fuel filter.
    - A few bottles of Mobil 1 5W-30 engine oil
    - 1 or 2 bottles of Toyota red coolant

The not so good:
    - Front tyres on the 17" wheels need replacing soon.
    - Front shocks are becoming worn, they will clunk over very large bumps and also cause the steering to pull slightly to the left. I've been advised that it's not an urgent issue but the front shocks will need replacing to address these issues. Replacements are available from Amayama.com starting from around $200 per shock.
    - Rear hatch gas struts are getting slow.
    - The trip computer LCD screen is half dead, I never used this since it's in Japanese. See photo:
    https://imgur.com/a/RtGtiJv
    (photo not of my car)
    - I did get Engine Warning and Vehicle Stability Control warning lights come on briefly after hitting a partcularly nasty pothole. However they haven't come back on in the 400km or so since.

Other than the above there is nothing to fix. The car is reliable and cheap to maintain. Rego for me is less than $400 a year. It is fun to drive, practical and completely under the radar.

This is a genuine sale to make room in the garage for an incoming car.

No trades of any kind, please.

Sydney 2118.

$6000 negotiable with stock wheels. I have no idea what these cars are worth, only found one other ST215W for sale for $7400 on Gumtree.

I'm also open to selling the Rays wheels separately.

Sorry for the essay.
    Last edited by bobjane; 13-08-2020 at 12:31 PM.

Junior Member Backyard Mechanic bobjane's Avatar

Default Re: 1998 Toyota Caldina GT-T auto

Car has been sold.