Thread: Anyone ordered technotoytuning brakes into aus!

Forum Member 1st year Apprentice

Question Anyone ordered technotoytuning brakes into aus!

So i ordered parts from techno toy tuning and this includes a big brake kit, they have just sent it off to me and Fed Ex has called me saying i need forms to show the parts are asbestos free cause Australia haha. Will Techno Toy Tuning have those forms, i imagine others have had the same issue before and solved it pretty easy as everyone shows their parts in videos i slightly worried as its the last stuff i am waiting for to finish my build.

anyone that has been through this please let me know, i emailed Technotoytuning to see if they have anything but its America so the waiting sucks... a bit nervous.

Junior Member Grease Monkey

Default Re: Anyone ordered technotoytuning brakes into aus!

You should just need the brake pad info showing they are not made with asbestos

Worst case is they bin the pads and you get new ones over here, had to do the same thing when I brought brake calipers and pads from Jegs

Pads I got (Stoptech) were also sold in Australia so I just sent them a link to the Australian retailer and got manufacturing info from the manufacturer
    Last edited by shrike; 29-08-2019 at 06:11 AM.

Forum Member 1st year Apprentice

Cool Re: Anyone ordered technotoytuning brakes into aus!

Quote Originally Posted by shrike View Post
    You should just need the brake pad info showing they are not made with asbestos

Worst case is they bin the pads and you get new ones over here, had to do the same thing when I brought brake calipers and pads from Jegs

Pads I got (Stoptech) were also sold in Australia so I just sent them a link to the Australian retailer and got manufacturing info from the manufacturer

Yeah, Techno Toy Tuning was Great, woke up at 2am and got in contact with them and they got a form through Wilwood just saying the product supplied is asbestos free.
    Worst case now days though is they fine you if you bring anything in Australia that has Asbestos and i hear its in the thousands, so i had to sign a declaration saying that its asbestos free and if not i accept the punishment
    I guess its now up to custums because the law says anything brought in has to be lab tested but i am hoping the form from wilwoods will be enough, if not they dump it and fine me $$$$

Just thought i would update in case anyone else ever gets worried about it & i'll update if anything else happens!