Thread: 7A-FC build idea?

Forum Member Grease Monkey

Default 7A-FC build idea?

Hello everyone, been walking around wondering about this engine build. Where i live there are almost impossible to get hands on a 4AGE engine if you dont buy it for 1500 from japan.

So i have lately been building up a 4afe to rwd but to get it "legal" i will have to get approved with a 4af. so i bought a 4af but the crankbearing seems toasted... so need to build anyway.

The plan was.
    4AF head and intake. (have)
    Weber 38/38 carburetor (have)
    7afe header (have)
    7afe block and pistones (have not)
    Also use the 4afe generation two cam's since they have more lift? (kind of in the dark here) (have not)

Also maybe shave a little bit of the top to increase compression to 10.5 ish?

Now to the big question... Would this build be any good? is there something im missing out on comparability of the parts? what power would the engine gain?

This is also a prepping for a 7AGE which i want to build when i get of my studys. But right now i can get quite cheap parts both from 7afe and 4afe.

Thankful for all input!

Default Re: 7A-FC build idea?

After reading my own post i thott that why not use the 7afe head instead? I know that the intake sides are different pattern but might be possible to do a adapterplate maybe?

Cant fint really anyone who have done this kind of conversion, only seen this done with a 4A-C and seems to work fine. But as with my last project with the 4afe i have notice that if it haven't been done i probably because itīs a lot of work for small gain haha.

Hi Ceasar, There has been a couple of guys that i know of who have tuned a 4afe and used a 7afe head. A lot of work but impressive power from a motor that no one wants.
    Have a look at his web site http://www.billzilla.org/starleteng.htm
    248hp NA you know that would wake up your wagon!

haha what would i do without you Liquidhandwash, always responding to my weird questions!

Awesome link, he really know what he is doing Fun to know that the "leanburn" 7afe head have good potential since it seems to be the only head around here. But don get what head he ended up with that were better for the 4AFE 16v.

My plan was to go a little bit less hardcore and just join a stock 7afe bottom to a 4AF head (or do a proper rwd intake for the 7AFE).
    but do the higher lifted cams work on the 4AF? or do you think it better to try to fit the 4AF carburator intake to the 7AFE?