Thread: 2TG-EU block cam bearing oil passages

Junior Member Backyard Mechanic

Default 2TG-EU block cam bearing oil passages

Just reading Noof's post asking for help on 2tg reminded me, does the later 2TG-EU block have oil passages for rear cam bearings or need to be drilled. I have a block, in storage so can't see right now. I remember looking when first purchase block number of years ago and had no bearings in rear bearing bores but can't remember if oil holes were there and/or plugged. I'm asking this due to making 3T/2T engine.
    Cheers Tony

Default Re: 2TG-EU block cam bearing oil passages

Tony, on the 2TG there are a blank bearing with no discharge holes installed over these machined passages. Just simply remove them and install regular cam bearings for that application. No drilling...Read the green book.

If you are asking questions about the internal structure of this engine, to me it means limited experience or exposure to this 49 year old engine series.

The reading of the engine manual will show you the illustrated detailed pictures like the one that I had included to show that lubrication system. a simple look at that section of the 2T and then comparing it to that 2TG flow diagram would have saved me from single finger typing the "How to compare engine via reading".

Andrew Zuku provided a wealth of information, manuals and tons of personal effort to build a website filled with everything you need to know about the 1st Gen Celicas.
    http://www.retrojdm.com (Location: Gold Coast, Qld, Australia)

also this site have detailed information and it is within your home country: http://members.iinet.net.au/~stepho/index.html.

Here is the Block 2T and 3T next to the 2TG, Note the bearings displayed at the bottom of the block, You will be able to see that the 2TG has each 2 bearings and item marked "Plug" for the unused lubrication supply. I hope this aids in your understanding of what I was speaking of earlier...
    Last edited by 73GTV; 31-07-2019 at 05:37 AM.

I hope this answers your earlier question.
    Last edited by 73GTV; 31-07-2019 at 09:09 AM.

Thank for great info. Greatly appreciated.