Thread: Celica ST205 Water to Air Inter Cooler System

Forum Member 1st year Apprentice

Default Celica ST205 Water to Air Inter Cooler System

I have installed a Celica GT4 ST205 Heart & lung transplant into my ST165. I have retained the Water to Air Inter Cooler system. Unfortunately I damaged the Heat Exchange Radiator last weekend. It is beyond repair and now I have to replace it. I would like to replace it with a Aluminium radiator, therefore I am searching for some one who can make it for me. The overall size is 700 long x 240 high x 55 thick. (2 row core) It has 22mm OD Inlet & outlet T&B both on the R/H side. Crossflow type (tank at each end) Simple flat plate mounting brackets T&B both ends

I don't mind if it is made in China or locally. I can't afford or want the gold plated polished type like PWR or
    others lol

Can any one help me here please or put me onto some one who can make it for me.

Yeh yeh I know Why didn't I go for Air to Air type? I ask myself this question all the time, but I have put too much effort and work into the W2A system to go back now.

Cheers
    Fred

Forum Member Grease Monkey

Default Re: Celica ST205 Water to Air Inter Cooler System

Hi Fred,

You can get a new one for about 350, https://www.amayama.com/en/part/toyota/1651074030. Pretty sure toyota still make them.
    Or you can wait for a month or so, my old one should be available for sale.
    I'm gonna get it sent to PWR to be customized soon.

Hi Geno,
    Thanks mate.
    I can get one from the UK parts place for about 400 UK Pounds, then there is shipping costs as well.

I have just recently finished installing the 205 engine and have used a ECUBlack EMU ECU and my car is
    booked in with a Tuner here in WA who has experience with the EMU setting them up and dyno tuning them.
    It is booked in for the 23rd of this month. If I miss this date I will have to wait another six to eight weeks.

Last Sunday I carelessly let the car slip off a trolley jack and it crushed the HE Radiator. So that is my predicament.
    I have sent an email to CHR Racing (China) and Worley Radiators..
    I have wrapped my intercooler in 2 layers of heat shield material and have had made up a 2.2 litre aluminium reservoir for extra coolant storage.

Have you seen PWR price for a standard radiator for a ST205? It is $928.00. How can they justify that price

Hey Geno
    I took your advise and ordered a new HE Radiator from amayama and added express shipping. I lie I didn't but my son Alex did it for me. He recons I'm stuffing around too much. Ha ha.

A radiator fabricator here in Perth quoted me $1,100.00 to make it.

When you get a minute, have a look at a Jeep Cherokee Radiator, man that would make a big HE Radiator. Ha ha ha.

Cheers
    Fred

- - - Updated - - -

Hey Geno
    I took your advise and ordered a new HE Radiator from amayama and added express shipping. I lie I didn't but my son Alex did it for me. He recons I'm stuffing around too much. Ha ha.

A radiator fabricator here in Perth quoted me $1,100.00 to make it.

When you get a minute, have a look at a Jeep Cherokee Radiator, man that would make a big HE Radiator. Ha ha ha.

Cheers
    Fred

Forum Member Grease Monkey

Cool, let us know how it goes.