Thread: JDM AE92 FX_Intermittent Power Window failure - I.D. Electrical Connector

Junior Member Backyard Mechanic

Default JDM AE92 FX_Intermittent Power Window failure - I.D. Electrical Connector

Having issues with Power Windows on my JDM AE92 going AWOL whenever they feel like it; I've put up with it for ages but think I've finally; after buying another two Master Switches - zeroed in on one aspect of the problem (aside that is from the suspect Master Switches)

The 3-pin connector for the Electro-magnetic lock is a bit worse for wear; with the female connector in particular not holding one of the terminals.

Does anyone know the part number of the barbed male connector (1st & 2nd Photos)?

The P/N for the matching female connector ( & it's generic non-barbed male connector) are < AFAIK > as shown in the first two attachments. . .

PS: If any of you have seen this 3-pin connector on any other AU-delivered Toyota please let me know so I can go raid a wrecker; I hate having to wait 2-3 weeks for a connector to come from Japan.

Photos: http://s1062.photobucket.com/user/ge...%20Door%20Lock
    Last edited by GeeEss; 10-02-2019 at 01:46 PM. Reason: Change Title

Junior Member Too Much Toyota oldcorollas's Avatar

Default Re: JDM AE92 FX_Intermittent Power Window failure - I.D. Electrical Connector

First thought was Sumitomo HM 090 plug, but i don't think thats it. Could be another sumi tho

Default Re: JDM AE92 FX_Intermittent Power Window failure - I.D. Electrical Connector

Cheers OC. .

FWIW I dug around my 20 year stash of AE92 parts & found another (used) but better male plug so I now only need to get hold of the standard female plug.

Unfortunately ToyoDIY whilst great doesn't tell you what cars individual connectors were used in. AFAIK there maybe heaps of them just sitting in Toyotas @ the local wreckers; but them's the breaks.

I've glued the loose terminal in for now until I fix things properly when I order some other parts to justify shipping

why not swap both sides of connector?
    "I'm a Teaspoon, not a mechanic"
    "There is hardly anything in the world that a man can not make a little worse and sell a little cheaper" - John Ruskin (1819 - 1900)

AU$TRALIA... come and stay and PAY and PAY!!! The moral high horse of the world!

Hi there OC. . .

i'm too OCD for that; but it's all good. I purchased an NOS door loom for $40+ shipping out of the UK. . .

OCD.. IC.. understood.
    "I'm a Teaspoon, not a mechanic"
    "There is hardly anything in the world that a man can not make a little worse and sell a little cheaper" - John Ruskin (1819 - 1900)

AU$TRALIA... come and stay and PAY and PAY!!! The moral high horse of the world!

Junior Member Automotive Encyclopaedia

Looks like you're dealing with the 'but I've cleaned the contacts syndrome', pulling apart the same things & cleaning the contacts multiple times & always getting it to instantly WORK FOR A LITTLE WHILE, thinking you've fixed the actual problem for the first, second, third time & then fail, it's something that you disturb, not what every time you test with a colorful 9V transistor battery multi meter makes look fine. Use a real battery, a real load like a stop or head light, to find the real problem in the wire or terminal or lug or connection whatever. Oldskewl has a window switch post somewhere about getting driving nuts.
    Good luck,
    Last edited by allencr; 18-02-2019 at 08:14 AM. Reason: improve?
    'I've scrapped better.' John stated when asked about the car by the guy with the silver tipped cowboy boots!