Thread: MX12 corona Mark II in the USA, Desmogging and electric fuel pump and Susp renewal

Forum Member 1st year Apprentice

Default MX12 corona Mark II in the USA, Desmogging and electric fuel pump and Susp renewal

hi mates, trying to bring the car back to life, last time i started the car and ran was couple years ago.

The car will start, but will die.. Plan is to install an electric fuel pump and remove all emissions stuff, wondering if there is a How to on the site, because i have searched using google, and nothing comes up in searches, but random stuff.

at the moment getting the front suspension blasted and painted, while i was doing this I noticed the fuel pump leaks, and filter is clogged. Most likely the pump is toast, and the reason that it would start with starting fluid but will not run....

If anyone remembers a link, id appreciate it.

Its got a 2M engine, with automatic transmission, that id like to keep.... for now...

Junior Member Backyard Mechanic

Default Re: MX12 corona Mark II in the USA, Desmogging and electric fuel pump and Susp renewa

Quote Originally Posted by njccmd2002 View Post
    hi mates, trying to bring the car back to life, last time i started the car and ran was couple years ago.

The car will start, but will die.. Plan is to install an electric fuel pump and remove all emissions stuff, wondering if there is a How to on the site, because i have searched using google, and nothing comes up in searches, but random stuff.

at the moment getting the front suspension blasted and painted, while i was doing this I noticed the fuel pump leaks, and filter is clogged. Most likely the pump is toast, and the reason that it would start with starting fluid but will not run....

If anyone remembers a link, id appreciate it.

Its got a 2M engine, with automatic transmission, that id like to keep.... for now...

Your on the right track. Pour a bit of fuel in the carb, if it starts then dies after a minute or two, you know it wont supply any by itself, or what it is supplying is rotten. Start with the most basic, fresh fuel, thats why splashing some petrol in the carb is good, cause the fuel it will try to run on could be rusty watery spoiled shit from the tank otherwise, it may never run, or never run well on it. This will at least test what good fuel will do for the car and allow it to run a bit longer as well, compared to starting fluid. Sometimes a little running does wonders for a motor thats sat for a bit.

Fuel filter, then if this stuff is clean and its still not running right Id suggest a carter lift pump to supply low pressure fuel to the carb, its a quiet, self priming type. Those facets sound like a train.

Cant hurt to give it plugs and leads if it responds to fuel well.

Default Re: MX12 corona Mark II in the USA, Desmogging and electric fuel pump and Susp renewa

thanks, ill be working on that, im also working on renewing the suspension, I cannot find upper control arms, bushings, any applications that are similar

never ever ever ever ever ever, take a car apart if you dont have the parts to work on....

unable to find upper control arm bushings for this car.....

i took them apart...

no aftermarket exist in usa that is compatible for second gen. Only for first gen....

in a happy note, i made a fuel block plate...