Thread: RA28 - Wanted to buy, very good one

Forum Member 1st year Apprentice

Default RA28 - Wanted to buy, very good one

Hi All,

I'm relatively new to Classic Jappa's in general and certainly the beauty of an RA28 had somehow escaped me 'til now.

I'm not young and being a profound petrol head, yes, that's embarrassing to admit !! I have been a V8 owner, exclusively, my entire life, however, a far more broad-minded Mate has worn me down with spreading my wings.

I recently did the 9hr return trip solo, just for the Classic Celica Appreciation Day - WOW, what an event, thanks for putting it on guys !! Everything about it is what owning cars should be about, the venue, the cars and the crowd. As much as anything, I want to get a classic Toyota, just because of the type of community involved. I've spent over 30yrs going to Summernats (yes, all of them), hot rod and street machine shows all over this country, and a couple of others - as I said, you guys do it right.

Yes, I have a good wad of money to buy the right car but that's not because I'm rich - I came home from that show determined to own an RA and went about selling my matching numbers XC GS ute which was pretty special in many ways. I'd only owned it just 15mths, after searching for the right one for freakin' ages but that's how much I want to get into the Toyota community.

I have become a Financial Member and would love to get more involved with events and behind the scenes over time. I've published the Newsletter for the car club I belong to in Parkes, their rep at RMS/CVS roadshows/meetings and I'm on the committee that puts together Forbes Motor Show - so I really appreciate what you guys do behind the scenes for club and event logistics.

If anyone is ready to sell, or can point me in the right direction, I'd REALLY appreciate it thanks. As mentioned, I'm keen on getting a very good one, as I just don't have the time for another project, which just stops me actually going and enjoying the scene. I have an old bike and an old Val ute projects, so my knuckles are in no fear of healing fully, I just want to jump right into Toyota scene and do some actual driving and club outings.

Thanks for your patience with a noob and I hope it was still okay to post in this Section, cheers
    Craig.
    Last edited by Bearfoot Garage; 08-07-2017 at 07:41 PM.

Toymods Events Secretary Too Much Toyota trdee's Avatar

Default Re: RA28 - Wanted to buy, very good one

good luck with the search dude and hope to see you at future events
    1988 AW11 9A-GTE - Turbo Missile | 2004 Elise K20A - N/A Screamer | 1984 MA61 1JZ-GTE - 80s cruiser
    Quote Originally Posted by Rex_Kelway View Post
    .....and the within first laps everything that made the AW11 great hit Rex as if the 'Gods of driving fun' had all Jizzed on his face.....
    Quote Originally Posted by JustenGT8 View Post
    Mono blocs mate....as close to yours as a Ferrari is to a Fiesta

Forum Member 1st year Apprentice

Default Re: RA28 - Wanted to buy, very good one

Quote Originally Posted by trdee View Post
    good luck with the search dude and hope to see you at future events
    Thanks Mate, I'm REALLY looking forward to it !!