Page 1 of 19 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Wakefield Friday 4th August

That's me before i was a Conversion King -GT-'s Avatar

Default Wakefield Friday 4th August

Well guys, i've mentioned it a couple of times elsewhere already so its time to just start a thread on it. At the moment the date is reserved but we haven't put our money forward. There's a few guys away for this date from the other end of my group, so i'll have more spots for you guys to fill this time and i just want to make sure we'll get enough to cover before we go ahead and confirm the booking.

I'd like to get a good indication of numbers by the end of the month so we can make a decision and get underway organising and confirming spots for everybody. The upside of this is that i can take a lot more spots for toymodders if you guys want them!

We'll be looking at a limit of 30 cars total at around $120 (incl timers and a super special bbq lunch cooked by either myself, or more than likely someone else!). These numbers will be confirmed when we've got a good idea of how many spots to plan for and have broken down the pricing, before we ask for any money from anyone.

This also means you've all got PLENTY of notice to get cars ready, lack of prep is no longer an acceptable excuse!
    Last edited by -GT-; 08-08-2006 at 02:01 PM.
    AE93 SX 20V - Next Wakefield track day is 13th of November 2015!
    1:15.47 at Wakefield Park | 1:59.45 at Eastern Creek GP | 1:08.81 at SMP South | 2:04.77 at Phillip Island
    Toymods Club Member

busy adding lightness Too Much Toyota MR22ZZ's Avatar

Default Re: Wakefield Friday 4th August - so far just a show of hands required

Interest expressed

Even if I don't have the coilovers by then, I should surely have the swaybars etc done.
    Be good to feel the improvement

even if they haven't arrived yet (there's been a mix up in posting them and they were sent back) I'm just itching to get out there again...

Ooh yeah, swaybars were a BIG improvement!! I reckon they're the single biggest improvement i've done to my car.

Ok, so we've got a start, who's next?
    1:15.47 at Wakefield Park | 1:59.45 at Eastern Creek GP | 1:08.81 at SMP South | 2:04.77 at Phillip Island
    Toymods Club Member

busy adding lightness Too Much Toyota MR22ZZ's Avatar

it's getting more promissing... coil-overs will be on their way shortly
    Last edited by MR22ZZ; 23-06-2006 at 08:10 PM.

raises hand
    ../delete/ban
    tech moderator
    E46 M3 Nürburgring Nordschleife - 8.38

ticks name off list
    Toymods Club Member

Domestic Godess, NOT Domestic Engineer clubagreenie's Avatar

+ 1 with ED
    Friends

ed_jza80 has not made any friends yet

Junior Member Backyard Mechanic v8soarer's Avatar

I'm keen...
    My TT 6 speed manual V8 Soarer (sold)
    Wakefield: 1:06.7
    Phillip Island: 1:51.9

---------HO00NS---------- Chief Engine Builder IN 05 NT's Avatar

maybe.....as i start a new job nexty week, and dont know if they letr me off so soon!....

maybe,

blake

Quote Originally Posted by v8soarer
    I'm keen...
    Thought you might be

How'd the oil cooler hunt end up? Cause i really want to go for more than 3 or 4 laps this time without it beeping at us.

IN05NT, that's kewell, (GO 'ROOS!!) see how you go.
    Toymods Club Member

I definitely ain't a Chief Engine Builder wagonist's Avatar

I'm in for sure. I don't even have to swap an RDO

Rear wheel bearings & injectors are now done.
    Just the clutch issue left & I've got a month

Good to hear steve

Must say, i was expecting to hear from a few more of you, i'm going to need to see a few more numbers to be confident we're going to fill it

We need to finalise this next week, where'd all the people go that keep telling me "next one, the next one for sure"???
    Toymods Club Member

Forum Sponsor Carport Converter TurboRA28's Avatar

Hmm 4 weeks away.. If I can get my inlet manifold and diff rebuild complete by then i'll be in. Will know more in 1 weeks time.

Talking of track days.. I know someone running a Eastern Creek one late August! I'm entering and shitting my dacks also as never been around E.Creek.
    1977 RA28 Celica - 1MZ-FE Members Rides
    1996 FZJ80 Landcruiser.
    Email : [email protected]

Experience shows I'm no Chief Engine Builder Roundy's Avatar

i could be in...but depends on funds...cause an 800km round trip is a fair bit more than u sydney guys! lol

also fair chance if i am in then my mate with the commodore from last time will be in too
    "If you try to fail, and succeed, which have you done?"
    My ST185 with 278awkw (2.2L is running...)
    1:08.08s @ Wakefield 1:37.29s @ Winton
    27.90s @ Esses Hillclimb

Ah, sounds good joel, i was hoping you'd be ready but didn't want to bug you about it! How's the manifold timeline looking? Can't really hurry it in situations like that huh. I hope you get it all sorted in time, be good to see the celica out there again. If you're in are you likely to have a couple of extras as well?

Hey nathan, i reckon you'll be there, c'mon! Yeah its a bit of a big trip, but there'll always be help if you need to organise somewhere to crash for a night, remember we stay down there both nights either side so it should be more than do-able. You've got plenty of time to scrape together the cash, and you sounded last time like you'd caught the bug of knowing there's more time in you and the car, and having to get back and get your times down!

This day is more with younger guys, so the timers are a definate from the word go. It fell through last time because they weren't organised till later and didn't get to everybody in time to confirm.

Five weeks from today!
    Toymods Club Member