Page 3 of 19 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Wakefield Friday 4th August

That's me before i was a Conversion King -GT-'s Avatar

Default Re: Wakefield Friday 4th August - so far just a show of hands required

Ah, good to hear justen. Sort out a daily yet or just taking the risk?
    AE93 SX 20V - Next Wakefield track day is 13th of November 2015!
    1:15.47 at Wakefield Park | 1:59.45 at Eastern Creek GP | 1:08.81 at SMP South | 2:04.77 at Phillip Island
    Toymods Club Member

how much is Too Much Toyota JustenGT8's Avatar

Ssssh this missus might hear

I did a quick few laps last Thurs, just on the street rubber, and scared a bunch of WRX's off the track The 400m of sideways thru the double apex and onto the back straight might have made them a little nervous...they dead set would just pull off the track as i came up behind them, funny as
    Lily Simpson 6.7.2010
    R.I.P.

I definitely ain't a Chief Engine Builder wagonist's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by JustenGT8
    Ssssh this missus might hear

I did a quick few laps last Thurs, just on the street rubber, and scared a bunch of WRX's off the track The 400m of sideways thru the double apex and onto the back straight might have made them a little nervous...they dead set would just pull off the track as i came up behind them, funny as
    Now that I would've loved to have seen.

no need for a Domestic Engineer finney's Avatar

yeah i should be in for it, got to get off my ass and order that damn oil cooler
    4AGTE SX - '4AGE' - 13.6 @ 103mph - 163fwkw @ 18psi - SOLD
    1998 JZX100 Tourer V - SOLD and now lives in radelaide
    1992 GTI - SOLD

Quote Originally Posted by finney
    yeah i should be in for it, got to get off my ass and order that damn oil cooler
    I'll give you a hand;

click here;

www.summitracing.com

and order a part # 10189, and a 1070. Grand total US$131.83. (approx AUS$177.75)

add your favoured shipping and they'll send it tomorrow.

DO IT!!
    1:15.47 at Wakefield Park | 1:59.45 at Eastern Creek GP | 1:08.81 at SMP South | 2:04.77 at Phillip Island
    Toymods Club Member

Junior Member Backyard Mechanic v8soarer's Avatar

You can buy Perma-cool stuff from Rocket Industries too (www.rocketindustries.com.au) - I bought a sandwich plate from them over the phone as Summit didn't have them in stock. Got the therostat from Summit though and it arrived in 4 days.
    My TT 6 speed manual V8 Soarer (sold)
    Wakefield: 1:06.7
    Phillip Island: 1:51.9

Ah, good to know. +rep for you

Edit: You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to v8soarer again.
    Sorry dude, you'll have to wait till i share the love some more.
    Toymods Club Member

Forum Sponsor Carport Converter TurboRA28's Avatar

Totally off topic here.. But when are peoples opinions on the permacool coolers compared to the earls designed ones? The earls seem to have a lot more tubes but look a lot more restrictive?
    1977 RA28 Celica - 1MZ-FE Members Rides
    1996 FZJ80 Landcruiser.
    Email : [email protected]

Junior Member Backyard Mechanic v8soarer's Avatar

No worries GT

Hope you make it Justen. Can just imagine WRX's scrambling off the track and running for cover!
    My TT 6 speed manual V8 Soarer (sold)
    Wakefield: 1:06.7
    Phillip Island: 1:51.9

Domestic Godess, NOT Domestic Engineer clubagreenie's Avatar

What are the licencing requirements for the EC days? I looked up some of their info (prior to this discussion) and private practice day require NC cams license ($$$, medical etc). What about track days?
    Friends

ed_jza80 has not made any friends yet

no need for a Domestic Engineer finney's Avatar

all you require is a wakefield license - $40 for the year
    4AGTE SX - '4AGE' - 13.6 @ 103mph - 163fwkw @ 18psi - SOLD
    1998 JZX100 Tourer V - SOLD and now lives in radelaide
    1992 GTI - SOLD

Ah, not for EC, you need cams for there, but just L2S i think. Easy to get with a bit of cash and an affiliated club membership.

Joel, i haven't had a good look at the earls stuff, i know that permacool say some stuff about their flow and heat transfer qualities on their website;

"In an ordinary oil cooler, the oil flows straight through tubing without interruption. The oil nearest the wall of the tubing becomes "cool" and sluggish, while the oil near the center remains "hot" and thin. The cooler outer layer of oil serves as an insulation for the inner hotter oil and the thin, freely flowing oil at the center passes through the coil without the full advantage of heat exchange with the tubing.
    Permacool coolers incorporate the patented Turbulator fins to "mix" the hotter and cooler oil with oversize tubing to insure ample oil flow. The result is a design that takes full advantage of heat exchange with the coil and prevents stalling of the oil flow while providing more of a temperature drop."

Now of course they're going to talk up their own product, but with a bit of fluid mechanics and thermodynamics under my belt it makes sense to me. There was a photo of the inside of tubing somewhere, there's a diagram and a bit more info here;

http://www.perma-cool.com/Catalog/Cat_page03.html

Anyway, i like them

I prob should look into the earls stuff though, to remain unbiased. I'll be back...
    Toymods Club Member

Default Re: Wakefield Friday 4th August - Paid for, time to confirm your spot!

Also, after a slight hiccup during the week, we've confirmed and paid for everything, so i'm now open to getting money to confirm your spot.

Its going to be $120 per car, that includes the track time, electronic timer, and we'll probably put on a bbq for you too!

If you need my bank details to pay let me know here and i'll pm them to you.

As usual, if you don't have a cams or wakefield licence, its $40 for a 12 month wakefield one. Same goes for if you just want to passenger, no difference. If you already have a licence you can jump in and out of any number of cars for nothing! (pending owner's permission of course).

We'll also be doing our usual of staying at the pelican sheep station next door thursday and friday night, for around $25/night, and you're all welcome there too.

Its 4 weeks from yesterday...
    Toymods Club Member

Junior Member Conversion King TheStitt's Avatar

im keen I'll see how the car travels over the next week or so and make up my mind then
    ST177 UZS131 Crown Royal 'G' the pimping limo like daily 1UZFE 144rwkw

DST17T MS53 68 Crown Custom Wagon 7MGTE 266rwkw

how much is Too Much Toyota JustenGT8's Avatar

I'm good to go Garth, sort you out Mon.

Come on Stitt, 'travels' what sort of girlie driving are you doing?...sounds like a page from Driving Miss Daisy
    Lily Simpson 6.7.2010
    R.I.P.