Thread: 1jz-w57 into ra65 help!

Forum Member 1st year Apprentice

Default 1jz-w57 into ra65 help!

Hey guys, have just finished installing a 1jz from a jzz30 into my ra65...

It's running, everything's ready to drive, went to bleed clutch and can't get a decent throw out of the slave cylinder, like it doesn't have enough force to push the pressure plate in...

Has an aftermarket aluminium flywheel and clutch, using the stock clutch fork from the ra65 and slave and master cylinder are brand new(for the ra65). I've tried lengthening the slave rod but it just won't push the clutch plate in...have racked my head and only thing I can think of is either the master isn't good enough or the clutch is wrong somehow...when I ordered it, I got one to suit a 2jz supra with the w-series box.

I can't find any information relating to this issue, and would love to finally drive this! So any information would be awesome! Thanks

Junior Member Grease Monkey

Default Re: 1jz-w57 into ra65 help!

Presume you have a *JZ bell housing.

Did you cross check the relationship between the clutch fork pivot, Slave Cylinder mounts and the throw-out bearing?

Could be the mix of parts isn't setup to work together.

Forum Member 1st year Apprentice

Well that's what I'm assuming now...that either the clutch fork isn't right, or the slave, or a combination of master and slave setup with this clutch setup

I've read that some people upgrade to hilux masters but havnt yet found any info on this problem and a definitive solution or a reason behind the upgrade, if that makes sense...don't want to throw money at parts that won't work

- - - Updated - - -

And yea have a jz bellhousing

Chookhouse Chooning Automotive Encyclopaedia Hen's Avatar

Are you 100% sure that it is fully bled? I often find it takes way longer than I expect, especially when the system has been completely empty.

Another option is that the ratio of master to slave diameter is worng, so you're not getting enough throw on the slave. Or the fork is the wrong length, giving the same effect. But these sound unlikely given it's all the RA65 gear.
    I need a working 4AGE bottom end. Pref smallport GZE, but all others considered. Also complete motors.
    Drift Volvo. Was fun. 2JZ next time.