Thread: 1991 SW20 Hardtop Turbo with spare complete Gen3 & LSD E153

I see invisible people Backyard Mechanic WHITCHY's Avatar

Default 1991 SW20 Hardtop Turbo with spare complete Gen3 & LSD E153

Hi all,

Reviving this ad (AGAIN!) I've had it for sale before, but every time I jumped back in I couldn't wipe the smile off my face and decided I couldn't live without it! Now I have found a block of land and I need some funds for the deposit.

I'm looking to sell the MR2 with all my spares including a complete Gen3 engine and LSD gearbox, all parts for Gen3 conversion, steering rack and quick steer pinion, CRW heavy duty CV joints, GTR track wheels with semis and more.

Looking for 11k for everything. The MR2 registered until 18 March 2017.

The MR2 has been used as a daily since I purchased it in 2010, there was an 18 month break in 2013 when I parked it up when the HFH broke (that the last time I toyed with selling!) once I fixed the HFH it returned to daily duties and my mid engine love returned!

I have had a ton of good reliable fun with this car, it survived an hour straight of lapping Wakefield in the 6hr regularity, never missed a beat, no issues with engine temp or brake fade. Drove it down and drove it home again!
    Went for a road trip down to VIC and Tasmania for Christmas 2012, spent a full day on the Great Ocean Road then 6 days driving all around Tas (loved The Sideling) and all the way back home to NSW without once worrying if the car was going to make it! Good luck doing that in a Nissan!

In 2013 I had the cracked replica Toms front bar replaced with a standard gen3 bar with lip and the whole front of the car resprayed, deleted the toblerones and installed smoked front blinkers modified as park light / blinker combo.

The car is a 1991 hard top turbo
    Near new BC BR coilovers
    Gen 3 brakes - QFM A1RM front and rear pads
    Gen 3 brake master and booster
    17x8 and 17x9 Work Meister S1 2P - Plasti Dipped black
    under 5000kms New 215/35 Bridgestone RE002 front
    under 5000kms New 235/40 Bridgestone RE002 rear
    Sway bar re-enforcement plates
    Whiteline adjustable front sway bar
    New front balljoints
    180,000kms

The current Gen2 gearbox has a worn 2nd and 3rd gear syncro, I am used to double clutching when down shifting to 2nd and 3rd so it doesn't bother me unless I'm giving it a squirt and up-shift too quickly.

I purchased a wrecked 1994 GT-S with the intention of swapping the motor and box into the 91 so the current list of parts is:

94 GT-S Steering rack
    Quick steer pinion
    complete Gen 3 3SGTE - I have pulled the engine down in preparation for a rebuild, it looks like the head has been re-conditioned at some stage, the rest of the motor was also extremely clean, it could easily be re-assembled with a fresh set of rings,bearings and be good to go!
    CT20 in excellent condition
    E153 LSD box
    Gen 3 LSD driveshafts
    CRW heavy duty CVs
    front and rear abs hubs
    Body and engine wiring (I had to chop out the main wire from the engine bay fuse box to resolve a starting issue)
    Gen 3 3sgte ecu
    electronic cluster + speedo sensor
    upgraded side mount cooler with stainless piping (can't remember brand?)
    every little bit required for the Gen3 conversion.
    Gen 3 cooler and pipes
    R32 GTR wheels with near new 205/40R16 Yokohama semis front and 225/45R16 half worn Bridgestone RE55 rears (with 2 spare RE55s)
    Gen 3 sway bars
    shifter cables
    Gen 3 brake master
    Gen 3 clutch slave and master
    Electric power steering pump
    Gen 3 ABS unit & ECU
    Black Gen3 wing
    Stock front and rear struts with Gen3 springs and Koni Yellow inserts (Front right is blown)

Car is now located in Medowie, 30 mins North of Newcastle. It can be viewed in Newcastle on weekdays.

This car has been a big part of my life so I'm not going to just throw it away, I'm looking for 11k for the whole lot. I am willing to negotiate for a quick sale.

PM, Reply here or call 0421 046 248

Thanks for looking!

Cheers.

-Whitchy-
    Quote Originally Posted by tomvale13
    I always feared Harold the Sexual Abstinence Girraffe or whatever the fuck that thing was in primary school - any Large African animal with that much pent up sexual frustration is the last thing you wanna confine to a small darkened caravan full of kids.

Default Re: 1991 SW20 Hardtop Turbo with spare complete Gen3 & LSD E153

I always feared Harold the Sexual Abstinence Girraffe or whatever the fuck that thing was in primary school - any Large African animal with that much pent up sexual frustration is the last thing you wanna confine to a small darkened caravan full of kids.

And now for the ugly pictures...

My guard rolling efforts were pretty poor so the paint is cracked on all 4 arches.. As you can see from the pics above, its not noticeable unless you get down low.

Rear

Front

The wheels are in need of a very good polish and a fresh coat of paint or plasti-dip. I did the plasti dip as I had plans to have the lips polished and the centres powder coated black or have the entire wheel powder coated black which is why one side has shiny lips and the other doesn't!

Its very hard to show the true condition of the paint under my garage lights, the paint did deteriorate during the few years I didn't have a garage and it was parked outside all day at work.

When I moved to my current house and finally got a garage I had the car clay bared then cut and polished, so the car looks as good as it does in the pictures, however up close you can still see some hard water marks and spots.

This is a picture of the roof, which has never been resprayed, it's no where near as noticeable on the boot and bonnet.

Forum Member 1st year Apprentice

Was this driving through Glendale last night with a black Hilux?
    RA23 Celica - 18RG, 40mm Webers, 92mm Arias pistons, 11.1:1 C/R, 15x7 SSRs.
    910 Bluebird - FJ20ET, IRS 4.4 LSD, 251kW on E85
    910 Bluebird - RB25 Track Hack

Nope, wasn't me dude. I was at home completing the Census!

Forum Member 1st year Apprentice

Haha, fairo! Looked super familiar! Best of luck with sale!
    RA23 Celica - 18RG, 40mm Webers, 92mm Arias pistons, 11.1:1 C/R, 15x7 SSRs.
    910 Bluebird - FJ20ET, IRS 4.4 LSD, 251kW on E85
    910 Bluebird - RB25 Track Hack