As Principal Partner to the Leukaemia Foundation for 30 years, Bridgestone Australia has extended its congratulations to fellow long-time supporter Debbie Campbell.

Debbie was recently named South Australian Citizen of the Year for her outstanding commitment to the Leukaemia Foundation for more than 10 years.

After being diagnosed with blood cancer in 2003, the Port Lincoln local travelled to Adelaide to undergo two lifesaving bone marrow transplants. It was during this time that she was struck by the limited accommodation options available to patients from regional areas.

“This initiative is all about strengthening our commitment to being as environmentally friendly as possible,” said Greg Nielsen, General Manager Retread Business.

Debbie has since raised over $180,000 for the Leukaemia Foundation and, more specifically, the construction of the Bridgestone Australia Leukaemia Foundation Village, which supports regional blood cancer patients and their families. She also helped instigate the opening of the Leukaemia Foundation’s first regional office in Port Lincoln.

Andrew Moffatt, Managing Director of Bridgestone Australia and New Zealand, said he was enormously pleased Debbie had been recognised as South Australian Citizen of the Year.

“For a number of years we have greatly admired Debbie’s commitment to making life for regional blood cancer patients and their families that bit easier,” Mr Moffatt said.

“The Bridgestone Australia Leukaemia Foundation Village provides fantastic support to those who must relocate to Adelaide for treatment and her fundraising efforts really helped it come to fruition.”

“I know I speak on behalf of everyone at Bridgestone when I congratulate Debbie and thank her for her unwavering support of an organisation very close to our hearts.”

Bridgestone representatives joined the Leukaemia Foundation to celebrate Debbie’s win at an afternoon tea on January 20, before she was presented with her award by His Excellency the Honourable Hieu Van Le AO at Government House.

Bridgestone is a proud supporter of the Leukaemia Foundation and has been for 30 years, providing Patient Transport Vehicles, supporting the organisation’s various initiatives and more.

LINKS:
Bridgestone Australia - https://www.bridgestonetyres.com.au

Bridgestone Australia Facebook - https://www.facebook.com/BridgestoneAU