Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Forum Classifieds - no new posts

80's stylin Domestic Engineer Sammich's Avatar

Default Forum Classifieds - no new posts

Hi guys

The forums are currently undergoing some restructuring in order to simplify things.

One of the changes decided by the Board was to close the classifieds section.

New posts have been disabled. Current threads can continue for now, but this section will be closing moving forward.

kind regards
    Hammo
    MA61 + 5M-E POWAZ: sold :'( | MX73 + 5M-GE: asploded. RIP :'( | MA61 + 2JZ-GE: 80's radness with 90's power/reliability/economy
    Quote Originally Posted by George View Post
    these wheels are so jap I even want to kill a whale. For strictly scientifical purpose, of course.

how much is Too Much Toyota JustenGT8's Avatar

Default Re: Forum Classifieds - no new posts

One more nail in the coffin
    Lily Simpson 6.7.2010
    R.I.P.

Building Corollas Chief Engine Builder Cuzzo's Avatar

WHY!?!?!?!

I'm not on facebook so now I cant post or view toymods items for sale?

I know life doesnt exist unless its on facebook but toymods is more than life!
    KE30 4agte - Bullet - Rick Rolled
    UZX83 1UZ W58- Cruiser - Tow Car - Fun Car
    Quote Originally Posted by -GT- View Post
    You had an oil and plastics engine bay fire, with flames that reached at least to the roof - of course shit got hot, it wasn't burning jiffy firelighters back there.

Forum Member Grease Monkey

Quote Originally Posted by JustenGT8 View Post
    Agreed. that and the maybe the Cressida thread are the only reasons to come here.
    CISCOKIDS
    The Gentlemen's Club
    Midnight Rocker

Junior Member Too Much Toyota dnegative's Avatar

Hmmmm
    Well, there's nobody here to sell anything anyway so......

anti blasphemy ! Carport Converter

why ?
    too many complaints ?
    at least here ya kinda know who ya dealing with.
    i dont have a funny or cool signature.

Toymods Events Secretary Too Much Toyota trdee's Avatar

The biggest gripe we get is that forum approvals take too long (and they really do) because we need to go in and manually check addresses etc and approve every single new user. By removing the classifieds we no longer need that layer of accountability and new members can get automatically approved.

The reality is that the forum structure needs to be revised to suit the world of 2015, as social media and mobile phone use has made the old style of forums redundant. We sat down and had a think of how we would build a forum if we were making one now and not ten years ago (whilst also studying the traffic we get through various sections of the forums) and decided that for a forum to make sense today it needs to offer things facebook etc can't do very well - searchability and long term storage of info. Tech threads and members rides are the things that really work on the forums, as you cant have a searchable database of info on facebook nor can you have a detailed blog/log of your build.

Everything else on the forums is fairly irrelevant in this day and age as everyone uses facebook for general shit-talk, organising events, or selling stuff (sorry cuzbro ). Part of the reason for moving to the new software is to get the forums to work better on mobile phones as well, as the current setup is a fucking pain in the balls to use on a phone. Rationalising the number of subsections we have (if you have a look we really do have a fucktonne) also helps with this.

This is an ongoing thing and we may add or remove elements as we work out what works and what doesnt. Feedback is always welcome of course.
    1988 AW11 9A-GTE - Turbo Missile | 2004 Elise K20A - N/A Screamer | 1984 MA61 1JZ-GTE - 80s cruiser
    Quote Originally Posted by Rex_Kelway View Post
    .....and the within first laps everything that made the AW11 great hit Rex as if the 'Gods of driving fun' had all Jizzed on his face.....
    Mono blocs mate....as close to yours as a Ferrari is to a Fiesta

Toymods Vice President Chief Engine Builder TheToyman75's Avatar

Well f#ck me, this has to be the most active thread on Toymods at the moment.

Toymods was not, is not and never will be focused on people selling their shit.

Toymods was and always will be about like minded people helping each other out with tech, build threads and car centric discussion. Long long gone are the days where Toymods served as a Viable marketplace for people to peddle their parts. Ebay, Gumtree, Facebook and the long long list of alternate digital play grounds are far better suited. And if you look at the Classified section - there was 7/10's of fuck all for sale or being viewed anyway.

Some of us in this thread and on the board have been around for a long time, and much like the dinosaurs of old, we keep up or get left behind. Toymods is getting its shit together and Classified section is not currently part of that plan.

As Vito said, its a work in progress, it well get reviewed and your welcome to your thoughts and input.
    1971 2T-B Celica TA22 ST.
    1973 2T-G Celica TA22, aka "The Unicorn".
    1975 2T-G Celica TA27 GT
    1976 2T-G Celica TA23, aka "The Colonel".
    1985 3F Auto FJ62 Landcruiser
    1989 7M-GTE MA70 Supra, aka "The Poopra"

History: Rods Classic Celica Sampler thread.

Junior Member Conversion King TheStitt's Avatar

So going to a new type board? that there is an app for such as what PF does.
    ST177 UZS131 Crown Royal 'G' the pimping limo like daily 1UZFE 144rwkw

DST17T MS53 68 Crown Custom Wagon 7MGTE 266rwkw

Toymods Vice President Chief Engine Builder TheToyman75's Avatar

Stitt, yes we are looking at new Forum software. It doesn't have a dedicated app but is a mobile friendly (responsive) template so it will run effectively on a browser on any device including Mobile phones.
    1971 2T-B Celica TA22 ST.
    1973 2T-G Celica TA22, aka "The Unicorn".
    1975 2T-G Celica TA27 GT
    1976 2T-G Celica TA23, aka "The Colonel".
    1985 3F Auto FJ62 Landcruiser
    1989 7M-GTE MA70 Supra, aka "The Poopra"

History: Rods Classic Celica Sampler thread.

how much is Too Much Toyota JustenGT8's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by trdee View Post
    The biggest gripe we get is that forum approvals take too long (and they really do) because we need to go in and manually check addresses etc and approve every single new user. By removing the classifieds we no longer need that layer of accountability and new members can get automatically approved.

The reality is that the forum structure needs to be revised to suit the world of 2015, as social media and mobile phone use has made the old style of forums redundant. We sat down and had a think of how we would build a forum if we were making one now and not ten years ago (whilst also studying the traffic we get through various sections of the forums) and decided that for a forum to make sense today it needs to offer things facebook etc can't do very well - searchability and long term storage of info. Tech threads and members rides are the things that really work on the forums, as you cant have a searchable database of info on facebook nor can you have a detailed blog/log of your build.

Everything else on the forums is fairly irrelevant in this day and age as everyone uses facebook for general shit-talk, organising events, or selling stuff (sorry cuzbro ). Part of the reason for moving to the new software is to get the forums to work better on mobile phones as well, as the current setup is a fucking pain in the balls to use on a phone. Rationalising the number of subsections we have (if you have a look we really do have a fucktonne) also helps with this.

This is an ongoing thing and we may add or remove elements as we work out what works and what doesnt. Feedback is always welcome of course.
    Fair enough Vito....it has been useful over the years for picking up odd Toyotas bits though.
    Lily Simpson 6.7.2010
    R.I.P.

Quote Originally Posted by TheStitt View Post
    So going to a new type board? that there is an app for such as what PF does.
    are you talking about tapatalk? if so then yes that is on the table. i believe lambo is looking into it to make sure there are no vulnerabilities/exploits with the app and the new software working together, or something like that.

basically, stuff's happening for once!

Fair enough Vito....it has been useful over the years for picking up odd Toyotas bits though.
    don't i know it! however the usage of it has dropped lower and lower and lower to the point where you need to weigh up the pros vs cons, and at the moment the cons seem to outweigh the pros. we might be wrong, time will tell.
    1988 AW11 9A-GTE - Turbo Missile | 2004 Elise K20A - N/A Screamer | 1984 MA61 1JZ-GTE - 80s cruiser
    .....and the within first laps everything that made the AW11 great hit Rex as if the 'Gods of driving fun' had all Jizzed on his face.....

this is one of the only sites, i still visit that has traffic (everyday) thats been around for a long time. another one is a bike forum, and that has long main page list, but also has tapatalk and mobile only site.
    www.bansheehq.com/forums. if you wanted to check out the structure. been around since 99. i think toymods, was around in early 2000s ?

dunno what you can do the change, to make it more hip n happnin. its the members and their interests that make it, you just need somewhere to for them to do it.
    traffic is traffic, if you kill the classified, that might do more harm than good, even if you dont want people to sell their shit on here. to tell you the truth, im hardly in the classifieds haha.
    my main forum i check are:

TECH
    GENERAL
    NON TOYO
    MEMBERS RIDES.

will check it out, always looking for inspiration. another thing i personally would like to see happen is to have the ability to quickly upload pictures from a mobile phone, like we all do on FB now. would make updating ride threads etc so much easier if you dont have to take a pic, transfer it to pc, upload to a hosting site, grab the link, paste it into your post etc etc etc. there seem to be some really good plugins with the new software so hopefully something like that can be done

gotchya, i think tapatalk does that (easy image upload)
    but im used to doing stuff the hard way ha. FB is my image hosting site. but as you know, after a while the fb links change and you have a forum full of broken links.