Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Forum Classifieds - no new posts

Junior Member Backyard Mechanic egamirrorim's Avatar

Default Re: Forum Classifieds - no new posts

Are there any plans to leave a "wanted" section? I don't think this sort of thread would need the same layer of approvals as people wanting to sell stuff. I bet there'd be people on here (who're not on FaceBook) who'd be able to help out someone in need looking for a part urgently...

I'm on quite a few other forums these days, a few non car ones. All I have to say is Tappatalk For The motherf***ing Win.

Junior Member Domestic Engineer

unfortunately, facebook and the like are taking all the traffic away from forums, supraforums, austarletclub, jzs147, jdmst are all suffering, i dont have facebook, i refuse to join that crap because there is too much crap that goes on on there. The guys at work are glued to it, everyone is posting up for sale items on there, and thats where fb has a plus, because if youve sub'd to that page, or like, or wateva it is, u get updates on it, and if uve got ur mobile device's 3/4g always on, youll see it straight away, i dont have fb, or a phone that can stay charged all day, i dont leave my 3g on.

I dont want to be glued to my phone all day, i'd much rather come home and check out the forums myself, it doesnt mean its old school, its just another means to an end.

I'd like the classifieds to stay, and I think theres another solution to the whole approval side of things, give a couple extra users the ability to give the approval. spread the workload.

facebook is the devil.
    Current: 94 jzs147 aristo, 92 ep82gt starlet
    Prev: ma61, gz20, jza70, uzz31, ncp10r, 92 sw20r
    And the winner of the big car race is......HOT ROD ZOIDBERG!

Junior Member Too Much Toyota dnegative's Avatar

Facebook is fucking woeful, its great for having a chat and organising a meetup but you cant search whats been posted.
    Toymods probably still gets thousands of hits from Google because when people search a problem they have or need info a thread always comes up - not a facebook comment train etc

Texas Hold'em Junky Backyard Mechanic fade-e's Avatar

i know i am a minority these days, but i also dont use fb. i would rather a single site/forum to do all my toyota needs rather than coming here for info and going somewhere else for classifieds. plus i use the forums at work which blocks fb.

also, if what is mentioned about is true, how are we supposed to find parts if there is no search function in FB?

cheers

Cressidaspert Carport Converter andrew_mx83's Avatar

I am also in the no Facebook crowd, and would love to see the classifieds stay although Rod and Vito both make some decent points. That said I agree it is another nail in the coffin, this place is already way slower now than ever before.
    I have a car and a bunch of parts I was about to sell, I guess they'll go on eBay or scumtree now... The car especially I really wanted to go to a good home with a forum member

Edit-i use the current site on my phone all the time and its fine. The full site, not the mobile crap. Full site works mint on a modern phone...
    There is no substitute for PUBIC inches

Never late in an x8

Junior Member Backyard Mechanic egamirrorim's Avatar

Although there a fair number of parts posted for sale on FaceBook, the vast majority of them are on sites like Gumtree and eBay, etc.
    If you aint looking at these sites for your 2nd hand parts needs regularly you're probably missing out...

Junior Member Conversion King TheStitt's Avatar

yeah thats it vito Tap talk for the win

I supose I've dropped off as my older work PC's don't show toymods very well, latley I've been going to threads and just getting the banners.

The crowd has changed to a little bit and the threads that I really followed haven't changed for ages.

I think the lack of for sale may hurt the forums but as you say time will tell.

I think the reputation system and moderation a few years back really hurt the place..
    ST177 UZS131 Crown Royal 'G' the pimping limo like daily 1UZFE 144rwkw

DST17T MS53 68 Crown Custom Wagon 7MGTE 266rwkw

Forum Member 1st year Apprentice

I'm much the same regarding forum classifieds. I only use forums, Gumtree and eBay to list items. I don't get on Facebook regularly enough to satisfy that level of impulsion to buy/sell/swap/lowball. (And if it means anything I'm 22, social and tech savvy)

Forums had their era which has now passed but the information and ability to search/read/accumulate ideas will always be far better.

I'd like to see the classifieds stay - even if it means it goes into a single topic rather than spread.

so how do we update our existing threads?

I tried and there is no reply option anymore.

cheers

Junior Member Domestic Engineer

its good to see fellow non-fb users here, we are a minority now, its sad. If it helped the situation, i would happily join the moderators in assisting them with user approvals, I've been a moderator on jzs147.com.au for some time now.
    Current: 94 jzs147 aristo, 92 ep82gt starlet
    Prev: ma61, gz20, jza70, uzz31, ncp10r, 92 sw20r
    And the winner of the big car race is......HOT ROD ZOIDBERG!

hi,

any update/info on my query? how do we keep our existing threads updated if we cannot make posts?

cheers

Quote Originally Posted by fade-e View Post
    so how do we update our existing threads?

I tried and there is no reply option anymore.

cheers

Toymods Events Secretary Too Much Toyota trdee's Avatar

new posts in existing threads should be allowed, just no new threads. something mightve been cocked up when it was done, the IT guys on the board have been notified
    1988 AW11 9A-GTE - Turbo Missile | 2004 Elise K20A - N/A Screamer | 1984 MA61 1JZ-GTE - 80s cruiser
    Quote Originally Posted by Rex_Kelway View Post
    .....and the within first laps everything that made the AW11 great hit Rex as if the 'Gods of driving fun' had all Jizzed on his face.....
    Quote Originally Posted by JustenGT8 View Post
    Mono blocs mate....as close to yours as a Ferrari is to a Fiesta

thanks for getting back to me. please let me know when it is fixed

cheers

Cressidaspert Carport Converter andrew_mx83's Avatar

so is there some sort of toymods classified type facebook page or whatever it's called? i have 2 cars and a 3 page list of parts i need to clear so i guess ill have to bite the bullet and facebook them
    if there is and someone could provide a link it would be appreciated, i have NFI how to use that thing...

Also, ive been unable to bump any of my existing for sale forum threads, would be nice to be able to do so
    There is no substitute for PUBIC inches

Never late in an x8

Toymods Board Member Chief Engine Builder Hiro's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by andrew_mx83 View Post
    so is there some sort of toymods classified type facebook page or whatever it's called? i have 2 cars and a 3 page list of parts i need to clear so i guess ill have to bite the bullet and facebook them
    if there is and someone could provide a link it would be appreciated, i have NFI how to use that thing...
    The Toymods facebook group has had Sales activated on it for a while, there is not a separate classifieds page at this stage.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/toymods/
    AE102 - Charlene the Old Faithful, Reborn
    JZZ30 - Lexi the Spacecruiser, 1JZGTE>>3SGE. 200rwkw, hunting Skylines and n00bs in SS Commodores
    ST162 - Charlie the non-ghey Celica, 3SGE>>4AGE. GOOOOOOOONE
    AE82 - Rosie the Bitsa from Hell, 70.8kw atw. Has been converted into garage space and money at last
    KE55 - Billie the Beast, sadly missed