Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Amendments to NSW Historic Rego

SO00RA Domestic Engineer 4agerolla's Avatar

Default Amendments to NSW Historic Rego

Hello team,

Not sure if many people have got wind of this yet, but the RMS is about to begin trialling a log book system that is much more flexible than the current historic rego scheme. It is available to holders of historic rego, who can opt in to the trial scheme. I won't jabber on too much, see below from http://www.rms.nsw.gov.au/roads/regi...-vehicles.html

"Historic Vehicle Log Book Trial

The Minister for Roads, Maritime and Freight, Duncan Gay, has asked Transport for NSW and Roads and Maritime Services to develop a Historic Vehicle Log Book Trial.

The Log Book Trial will allow all operators of existing vehicles within the Historic Vehicle Scheme to opt-in. These vehicles may then be used for 60 days of general use (i.e. club events, maintenance and personal use) each year. Each day’s use must be recorded in a Log Book.

New entrants to the Historic Vehicle Scheme after the trial commences may apply for inclusion in the Log Book Trial, subject to the existing historic vehicle and registered operator eligibility criteria.

The trial will operate for two years, with an evaluation to be completed during this period as part of the Roads and Maritime Services review of the overall Conditional Registration Scheme.

The Historic Vehicle Log Book Trial will commence on 1 October 2015. Details on how to opt in to the trial will be updated on this page from this date.

Customers interested in the trial should email [email protected]"

Looks interesting and makes historic rego a bit more appealing, as the vehicle can be used for general use not just club events. I will consider this very seriously for my MS55, which is due for rego in December.

Cheers,
    Chris
    - Silver 2012 Lexus ISF - 2UR-GSE 5 litre V8 goodness
    - Black JZZ30 Soarer - 1JZ-GTE VVTi + factory R154 manual
    - Blue KE17 Sprinter- 3k + K40 manual
    - White MS55 Crown - 2M + 4 speed column shift manual
    - Blue MS51 Crown Hard Top - Angry 4M-B + W50 manual

Toymods Events Secretary Too Much Toyota trdee's Avatar

Default Re: Amendments to NSW Historic Rego

We are indeed aware and the club has lodged its interest. We will have more details closer to the date
    1988 AW11 9A-GTE - Turbo Missile | 2004 Elise K20A - N/A Screamer | 1984 MA61 1JZ-GTE - 80s cruiser
    Quote Originally Posted by Rex_Kelway View Post
    .....and the within first laps everything that made the AW11 great hit Rex as if the 'Gods of driving fun' had all Jizzed on his face.....
    Quote Originally Posted by JustenGT8 View Post
    Mono blocs mate....as close to yours as a Ferrari is to a Fiesta

Chief Mentallurkist Grease Monkey

Subscribed with much interest...
    "Your car is a little metal death box, and whatever joy you may find on the road is strictly a function of your insane denial of that truth." My denial is indeed, INSANE

For all other times the Celsior of daily duties awaits!

Forum Member Grease Monkey

Has any body heard, ( I have, and from a good source) that you will be able to keep existing number plates on the trial, and if it goes ahead.

The RTA could not confirm this when I called yesterday but like I said, I heard this from someone that was instrumental in getting the trial put in place.....

Cheers Matt
    SHYLAN MOTORSPORT
    03 JDM DC5 Integra Type R - Race Car
    79 KE30 - Race Car - 82 Gemini - Race Car
    74 TA22 Celica - Weekend Cruiser
    2014 Nisssan Navara Titanium - Tow Car - 2018 Skoda Octavia RS Wagon - Family Tourer

unfortunately we have no extra info yet. waiting on the RTA site to be updated...
    1988 AW11 9A-GTE - Turbo Missile | 2004 Elise K20A - N/A Screamer | 1984 MA61 1JZ-GTE - 80s cruiser
    .....and the within first laps everything that made the AW11 great hit Rex as if the 'Gods of driving fun' had all Jizzed on his face.....

Hi everyone! So the Historic rego logbook trial starts today. The RMS website has now been updated with more info, it looks like modified historics will be coming in as an entirely new class of rego and will not be on-line until early 2016 Toymods has applied to be a part of the new logbook trial and we will let you know when we receive approval

http://www.rms.nsw.gov.au/roads/regi...ook-trial.html

Classic Vehicle Log Book trial
    Transport for NSW and Roads and Maritime Services have developed a Classic Vehicle Log Book trial. A classic vehicle is 30 years of age or older.

The log book trial will allow classic vehicles to be used for 60 days of general use (ie maintenance and personal use) each year, outside of club organised events. Each day’s use must be recorded in a log book issued at a registry or service centre.

The log book trial will operate for two years, with an evaluation to be completed during this period as part of Roads and Maritime’s review of the overall Conditional Registration Scheme.

Staged implementation

The log book trial has two stages:

Stage 1 - From 1 October 2015, vehicles that are in, or eligible to be in, the existing Historic Vehicle Scheme can be part of the log book trial. The registered operator must be a member of a Roads and Maritime recognised historic vehicle club that is participating in the log book trial.
    Stage 2 - In early 2016, a Modified Classic Vehicle Scheme will be introduced. These vehicles will be eligible for conditional registration and can be included in the log book trial. For more details, see What is the proposed Modified Classic Vehicle Scheme?

we have now received approval that was fast lol

Junior Member Backyard Mechanic egamirrorim's Avatar

I'm strongly considering moving my Celica over to historic registration but I am wondering if there are any negatives to consider besides the obvious not being able to drive it every day (not that I do anyway).

Rod showed me the 60 day log book which mentions that the 60 days are separate to club events. Are the monthly meets considered official club events?

How do you prove you are driving to/from a club event if you get pulled over? The log book only has 60 spaces for dates, not extra for your club events...

If for some reason I ever decide that I want to return my Celica to full registration do I need to get a blue slip or is it pink slip only?

You would need a blueslip to go back to full rego

Club events = any event organised by toymods car club or by another club which we are invited to attend (basically any event that a board member has put up in the cruises section or that has been officially approved by a board member) so yes monthly meets, dyno days, celica day, toyota nationals, toyotafest etc etc all count as club events

that being said, i thought when you went on the log book trial even club events etc count in the 60 days? if im honest, i havent actually looked at my logbook since i converted my ta22 onto the scheme edit - just spoke to rod and you are right. thats awesome!!

the old system is described here: http://www.toymods.org.au/site/historic-rego/#A3 the movement form is all digital. you can keep a separate log book for extra protection against a super inquisitive cop (i do) but it is not necessary under the old system. you can just log a movement form online. another option to back your story up is to print off the event page.
    Last edited by trdee; 22-10-2015 at 08:51 AM.

Cant believe I missed your reply.

Thanks Vito!

We have just put 2 cars on the scheme.

A little more info for people that don't know about the club thing, is that You can also have multiple clubs on the one Logbook if you are a member of a few.

We are members of 3 clubs that are registered with the Historic plate scheme, So we have included all of them on the logbook.

This means that any of the 3 club's events we can attend without using 1 of the 60 days.

Cheers Matt
    SHYLAN MOTORSPORT
    2014 Nisssan Navara Titanium - Tow Car - 2018 Skoda Octavia RS Wagon - Family Tourer

that's pretty awesome. just got my TA22 on the lobgook scheme the other day

We put the TA22 on it and Dad put his BMW 635 on it as well.

Cant wait to see what the modified one is like.....Might be able to register the race cars!

I am currently organising Toymods to be invited to a few of these other clubs events so that people with the logbook don't have to use up a day...... And it would be good to not be the only Toyota there!
    (hope admin don't mind - I did speak about it with Rod)

When confirmed I will post up in the cruises section.

Cheers Matt
    SHYLAN MOTORSPORT

With the new historic rego scheme underway, do Toymods still require that all Historic plated vehicles attend ToyotaFest?

Is there a chance of compromising on this criteria for historic Celicas? I'd be much more keen if I had the option of attending one mandatory event per year: ToyotaFest, Classic Celica Day, NRMA MotorFest.

This is probably the only criteria that is holding me back because I cant guarantee that I'll be able to take the car there every year, sometimes I will want to take my Crown and other times I may want to go away for the weekend, it is a long weekend after all.

Toymods Vice President Chief Engine Builder TheToyman75's Avatar

Hi Chris,

Your question re Historic Vehicles being required to attend Toyotafest is a valid one.

To answer it, its best to revisit the intention or purpose of Historic Registration. Historic Registration is to provide Enthusiasts with an affordable way to participate in their clubs events with their classic vehicle. Its not to provide the general public with cheap rego for old cars. And that's why as an RMS condition of the scheme, you must be a current member of a Club to qualify for it.

Toymods is not here to help the general public get around that requirement, and as such we are not interested in people joining, just to get cheap rego (Historic Rego) and have them not play an "active role" in the club with their vehicle. So to that end we request as a minimum, Vehicles on the Historic Rego scheme attend Toyotafest as it is our flagship event.

Now with that said, Toymods is VERY MUCH about doing the best it can for its members, especially those who are active within the club, after all, the club IS its members. We understand that people have lives, multiple cars and family commitments so if an active club member can't bring there Historic vehicle to Toyotafest we are unlikely to have an issue with it. Only people who don't participate really need to be concerned about being at Toyotafest to meet their Historic Rego requirements.

So what is being an Active Club member - well its pretty simply. If your using your historic vehicle as the scheme intended, then you have probably been to a monthly meeting during the year, a club event, an event some other club invited Toymods too (While representing Toymods) or something similar. And therefore you have nothing to worry about.

If your renewal comes around, and you have not been to any club events all year, are not active in the build thread of your car or on the forums and none of the club regulars have a clue about you or your car, well then you might have a problem getting that renewal stamped.

So short version - relax mate. Its not an issue for you at all.
    1971 2T-B Celica TA22 ST.
    1973 2T-G Celica TA22, aka "The Unicorn".
    1975 2T-G Celica TA27 GT
    1976 2T-G Celica TA23, aka "The Colonel".
    1985 3F Auto FJ62 Landcruiser
    1989 7M-GTE MA70 Supra, aka "The Poopra"

History: Rods Classic Celica Sampler thread.